Post-Game Talk: Nowhere but up Jets Game Continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I don't know if the team is awful or if the coaching is awful or both, but I know for a fact this team does not fit the system any more. DeBoer coaches a tenacious forecheck that leads to turnovers. We're now a sit back and play slow team. Honestly, this strikes me as the perfect Lemaire team. Him and Boucher could probably work with this roster.

It didn't really occur to me that they brought in players who don't fit the system until I read this. Every player who they brought in during the offseason is NOT meant to forecheck for significant periods of time except maybe Clowe who can't really keep up because hes slow as balls. Jagr, Ryder, Brunner really don't fit in to what Pete preaches AT ALL. You can say the same for Elias, Bernier, and Zubrus as well even though there not as weak on the forecheck as the other 4 but there still too slow. They actually might need an entirely new system to salvage this fiasco which I would be completely in favor of at this point.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
do you think the nhl is regretting the outdoor game with two abysmal teams?

if this continues, deboer won't be there at least.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Labarbera is also a former Rangers draft pick like Montoya and Blackburn. These are all BOTTOM 10 goaltenders in the league too. Labarbera and McNugget are probably bottom 5. Forget the goalies, like Chico said. You HAVE to beat BAD teams like Calgary and Winnipeg. Winnipeg is gonna be in the fight for the lottery this year.

Jets fan, I come in peace.

I'm not saying the Jets are a good team (though I might wish it to be true). But I did want to point out that it's a largely unchanged team from the past couple of years, and the Jets haven't been a lottery team for at least as long as I've followed them coming from Atlanta.

You don't believe it to be true... well you're entitled to your opinion. And I'm certainly not trying to convince you that a top 5 team just beat you this night.

But the Jets... as a small market team (yes, even more so than New Jersey), don't get the (small) level of respect due to them. They're not a good team ('till they prove otherwise), but they're not a bottom of the league team.

But hey - since the Jets only play the Devils once more this season, and since Schneider has a big Winnipeg connection, I wish you guys all the best luck for the rest of the season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jets are going to get their clocks cleaned in the West. I wish them well though.

This is why I think they'll be closer to the lottery than they were in previous years.

IMO San Jose, Chicago, LA, Vancouver, St Louis, I'm pretty sure all those teams will finish ahead of them. I'm pretty sure Anaheim finishes ahead of them. I honestly believe Minnesota will finish ahead, but still not sure if they're a playoff lock or not. Winnipeg is probably better than Edmonton and Calgary for sure. Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, maybe one of those 3 will get into the playoffs if any of them even do. Colorado is still a question mark to me despite the hot start.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Maybe I'm alone here, but I think the Jets have a winning team, even if they miss the playoffs by a hair. I see lots of good players through their roster, plus that Trouba kid, wow. I remember how many in here hoped to draft him, or some other defensemen with a weird name, (lots of funny names that draft) but then we ended up almost winning the cup, and our draft position took a nosedive.

NC107*

do you think the nhl is regretting the outdoor game with two abysmal teams?

if this continues, deboer won't be there at least.

Outdoor game will be canceled due to bad ice if the Rags and Devils keep this up

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
That third goal really ****ing pisses me off. Completely QUIT after a stellar outing by Schneider. I hope Schneider called them all out in the room and was tossing chairs. ****ing pathetic. Mailed it in like the losers they are. And that's straight up, because when you have 9 regulation wins in your last 42gp....that's what you are.

NC107*

JJ, Fayne and Tedeby should package themselves together and ask for a trade.

They are dead meat with this coaching staff.

How much does Gionta pay DeBoer to keep playing him?

Moe Syzlak

Sep 27, 2009
I don't think I would go so far as to call this team terrible but seeing how the team has 11 wins or something in what equates to half a season dating back to last year? :help:

They just lost to a bad Jets team. They looked old, slow and soft out there. They only have a couple of guys who actually throw a body check. Their powerplay is embarassing. How many times did they go offside trying to bring it in? And it doesn't take a coaching guru to know that you need some speed on the powerplay in order to bring it in and get set up. Instead, they just drag it through the middle and let the other team set up.

I suppose you could say the roster turnover could be used as an excuse and that they need some time to get adjusted but I don't buy that and I'm not sure a coaching change would matter at this point either.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
To get out of this "slump" deboaar should keep benching tedenby, lokti, larsson, josefsson and fayne. Play harrold on the second pair, play salvador on the powerplay with harrold. Keep playing Gionta on the pk and preferably give him some pp time to beacuse he could carry the puck in to the zone. Ignore veterans misstakes and bench adam larsson for his giveaway in the third period.

Keep gelinas and merrill in the ahl. Of course its a nobrainer.

It will give soon. The vets will fix this. Like they did last season...

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Luckily I think the Devils can get better within the organization. First sit Harrold or send him somewhere via trade or Albany. Next sit Volchenkov every other game because he shouldn't be in the lineup every night. Tell Larsson to get his **** together, he looks so disengaged. And call up fresh legs in either Gelinas or Merrill.

Play this:
Larsson-Greene
Fayne-Merrill
Salvador-Zidlicky
Volchenkov

Try to use the top 4 guys as much as possible and give extra PK time to Salvador and PP time to Zidlicky.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I just don't know what to say anymore.

I'm not going to act like I watched the whole game, because I didn't, but I caught the end. That 3rd goal was ****ing disgraceful.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I hate to say it but we can't possibly be any worse if we go with a youth movement on defense.

Hire a special assignment coach to specialize on the defense while we are at home.

Sit, stash, or trade (if possible) Volch. Salvador was given the C and that was unfortunate, because I wouldn't keep playing him either. And Harrold is a decent #6 when players are hurt or otherwise unavailable but otherwise not a daily player, although he hasn't been the worst of the lot.

I'd play Larsson, Greene, Fayne, Zidlicky, Merrill, and Gelinas. I'd rotate Salvador in every third game, perhaps, as he might be more effective with rest. That six has more speed and enthusiasm. It's a damned shame that Urbom was exposed to waivers because I'd much rather him in there than Volchenkov, Salvador, or Harrold. Or Merrill at this stage.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Lets just call a spade a spade here. This team flat out sucks. And I'm pretty surprised by how bad it sucks because I at least figured that the depth at forward would be a huge plus this season. Throw in improved goaltending and you would think the team should be better this year. I thought they would. Well it's not the case at all. In fact, they look worse now than they did at any point during that 10 game losing streak last season. They may be scoring a tad bit more than during that stretch, but I can honestly say that out of the last 40 games, that ten game stretch without a single win was this team's best hockey over the last 6 months. Well for the most part at least. No wins to show for it, but they at least had puck control and dictated pace during the games. They just couldn't score for **** and one defensive brain fart was enough to sink them. But this on a whole different level. Just some really bad hockey.

Something needs to change here. There is no way around it. I was willing to give DeBoer some slack with the roster decisions, but enough is enough. Banishing our youth, whether they're good or not, is just making this entire situation that much worse. If we're going to stink, PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS!!! I mean I just don't get it. He keeps rolling out this same p.o.s. lineup game after game. Give the young players an honest chance here already.

Last night was a shameful performance and maybe as a fan I'd be too quick to pull the trigger, but that was the end of the line for me. You struggle to win? That's fine. But at what point does pride step in and you fight back a little? They let a mediocre Jets team push them around and dive all over the ****ing place. It was embarrassing. At what point do you get tired of being a cure all for any struggling team in this league? These guys can't even catch a team on an off day. It's pathetic.

Corey told like it is last night. Funny thing is though, had Marty said the same exact thing, he'd be vilified as a ***** who was throwing his teammates under the bus, but that's beside the point. I think it's good that someone new to this team stepped up and was honest about the situation. I mean he only had the best seat in the house for that abortion of a game. Something has to give though, because this is a bad team playing bad hockey and it's been going on for way too long. I honestly can't imagine there being a worse team in this league right now.

Last edited:

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I hate to say it but we can't possibly be any worse if we go with a youth movement on defense.

Hire a special assignment coach to specialize on the defense while we are at home.

Sit, stash, or trade (if possible) Volch. Salvador was given the C and that was unfortunate, because I wouldn't keep playing him either. And Harrold is a decent #6 when players are hurt or otherwise unavailable but otherwise not a daily player, although he hasn't been the worst of the lot.

I'd play Larsson, Greene, Fayne, Zidlicky, Merrill, and Gelinas. I'd rotate Salvador in every third game, perhaps, as he might be more effective with rest. That six has more speed and enthusiasm. It's a damned shame that Urbom was exposed to waivers because I'd much rather him in there than Volchenkov, Salvador, or Harrold. Or Merrill at this stage.

Horrible asset management by a bonehead gm.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
look out! here we come!!!! :scared:

Longest Losing Streak From Start of Season:
11 Games-New York Rangers, 1943-44
7 Games-Montreal Canadiens, 1938-39
7 Games-Chicago Blackhawks, 1947-48
7 Games-Washington Capitals, 1983-84
7 Games-Chicago Blackhawks, 1997-98

...the only hope is an 83-84 caps turnaround ....some mighty streaks that season... http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/WSH/1984_games.html

i usually wake up not pissed off about a loss... not the case today, im actually more pissed off than i was last night.... if this team loses just one out of its next two either a major trade, a coaching being fired or something must occur.. if not lou is washed up....im not a lou basher he is a great gm...but i feel like in the past 5 years his best gm moves have been the ability to recover for his horribly signings.... i think a lot of our struggles now are because of our financial situation.... where a re building season or two might of meant bye bye for the njd so i get that... but lets take a look at the last 4 seasons..... they have been extremely frustrating to watch ( except the one year obviously, but if we were as bad at shootouts that year as we are now we may not have even made playoffs) we have new owners now, a good young goalie lets eat shiitt for two more years and get good..... its like keeping someone on life support " pull the damn plug already... that means on broduer too.....he is our backup goalie if he can't accept that than go find a team in the nhl that will play you for 65 games...

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
To get out of this "slump" deboaar should keep benching tedenby, lokti, larsson, josefsson and fayne. Play harrold on the second pair, play salvador on the powerplay with harrold. Keep playing Gionta on the pk and preferably give him some pp time to beacuse he could carry the puck in to the zone. Ignore veterans misstakes and bench adam larsson for his giveaway in the third period.

Keep gelinas and merrill in the ahl. Of course its a nobrainer.

It will give soon. The vets will fix this. Like they did last season...

yes i agree adding speed and skill to the lineup will only make things worse....stay with the aging vets that cannot handle the forecheck anymore....:sarcasm:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I don't think I would go so far as to call this team terrible but seeing how the team has 11 wins or something in what equates to half a season dating back to last year? :help:

They just lost to a bad Jets team. They looked old, slow and soft out there. They only have a couple of guys who actually throw a body check. Their powerplay is embarassing. How many times did they go offside trying to bring it in? And it doesn't take a coaching guru to know that you need some speed on the powerplay in order to bring it in and get set up. Instead, they just drag it through the middle and let the other team set up.

I suppose you could say the roster turnover could be used as an excuse and that they need some time to get adjusted but I don't buy that and I'm not sure a coaching change would matter at this point either.

i don't think a coaching change will equate to much either but it must be done because if im gonna watch my team lose i want to get the young guys developed in the process...and lou can kiss my ass too because he doesn't want to guys nhl salary to play in the ahl? well don't ****ing sign ****** players to awesome contracts,,, you now have to eat that signing and put the best product on the ice...thats all the organization owes to fans...put your best product on the ice...when you don't do that is when you lose the fans...win lose or draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad