Post-Game Talk: Nowhere but up Jets Game Continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

I don't know if the team is awful or if the coaching is awful or both, but I know for a fact this team does not fit the system any more. DeBoer coaches a tenacious forecheck that leads to turnovers. We're now a sit back and play slow team. Honestly, this strikes me as the perfect Lemaire team. Him and Boucher could probably work with this roster.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The Devils with Parise and Kovalchuk as top offensive threats were perfect for DeBoer's system.

The Devils with Elias and Jagr as top offensive threats with DeBoer's system is equivalent to pounding a square peg into a round hole.

Its just not going to work.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I'd like to a Tedenby-Loktionov-Jagr line. Jagr showed in the playoffs that he can compliment the fleet footed.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
After this post, I'm hitting the "X" button on this thread, because I have absolutely no desire ever recalling that this game took place.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was that goal with 36 seconds left really necessary tonight? That's the signs of a putrid effort right there. Along with the two breakaways on a single PP. That was the easiest shutout and win that Blackburn or whoever that former Rangers pick was, has ever had.

apice3*

Was that goal with 36 seconds left really necessary tonight? That's the signs of a putrid effort right there. Along with the two breakaways on a single PP. That was the easiest shutout and win that Blackburn or whoever that former Rangers pick was, has ever had.

There's no mercy rule in hockey. If you don't want to give up a goal, the team should try to give a ****.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Blackburn lol...he probably did shut us out at one point too.

I know we kid about the Devils getting punked by backups, but they've taken it to a new level this year. LaBarbera, Montoya and MacDonald, all crappy journeyman backups on non-playoff teams, all of whom beat us inside a week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's no mercy rule in hockey. If you don't want to give up a goal, the team should try to give a ****.

That's what I'm saying. That extra goal once Cory came back in was completely unnecessary. They shouldn't have even let that happen.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I don't know if the team is awful or if the coaching is awful or both, but I know for a fact this team does not fit the system any more. DeBoer coaches a tenacious forecheck that leads to turnovers. We're now a sit back and play slow team. Honestly, this strikes me as the perfect Lemaire team. Him and Boucher could probably work with this roster.

thank you.

This team does not work with this system. Petey needs to change it or he can leave.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
look out! here we come!!!! :scared:

Longest Losing Streak From Start of Season:
11 Games-New York Rangers, 1943-44
7 Games-Montreal Canadiens, 1938-39
7 Games-Chicago Blackhawks, 1947-48
7 Games-Washington Capitals, 1983-84
7 Games-Chicago Blackhawks, 1997-98

...the only hope is an 83-84 caps turnaround ....some mighty streaks that season... http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/WSH/1984_games.html

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
thank you.

This team does not work with this system. Petey needs to change it or he can leave.

He already said he won't do that after Kovalchuk left. They asked him if he'd change his style of play, and he said he wouldn't.

He also said we were on the verge of a breakthrough before this game. Why do I feel like I have been hearing that line for the last 4 or 5 games now?:laugh:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
He already said he won't do that after Kovalchuk left. They asked him if he'd change his style of play, and he said he wouldn't.

He also said we were on the verge of a breakthrough before this game. Why do I feel like I have been hearing that line for the last 4 or 5 games now?:laugh:

i don't know how much more of a sample size he needs. 50 games of this **** is enough.

but he still thinks he has parise & kovalchuk, as well as a fluke salvador and a fluke 4th line. :shakehead

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
feel really bad for Schneider.. great goalie on a bad team... wonder if he even want to re-sign there now..

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackburn lol...he probably did shut us out at one point too.

I know we kid about the Devils getting punked by backups, but they've taken it to a new level this year. LaBarbera, Montoya and MacDonald, all crappy journeyman backups on non-playoff teams, all of whom beat us inside a week.
Labarbera is also a former Rangers draft pick like Montoya and Blackburn. These are all BOTTOM 10 goaltenders in the league too. Labarbera and McNugget are probably bottom 5. Forget the goalies, like Chico said. You HAVE to beat BAD teams like Calgary and Winnipeg. Winnipeg is gonna be in the fight for the lottery this year.
feel really bad for Schneider.. great goalie on a bad team... wonder if he even want to re-sign there now..
I doubt it, and I wouldn't blame him either. 2 of the 3 games he's played, he's gotten 0 goal support. He wasn't great in the first game, but was the difference between a blowout tonight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rumor going around on NJDevs is apparently Schnieder got ticked off in the locker room after the game too (more than what was said in the postgame), but it's a pretty sketchy source so who knows if there's any truth to it. I wouldn't have blamed him for going off on someone after that final shift though where they all quit and let him get bombarded for the extra goal.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Rumor going around on NJDevs is apparently Schnieder got ticked off in the locker room after the game too (more than what was said in the postgame), but it's a pretty sketchy source so who knows if there's any truth to it. I wouldn't have blamed him for going off on someone after that final shift though where they all quit and let him get bombarded for the extra goal.
I hope it's true.

Absolute **** that either of the goalies should stand for the ****show in from of them.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 18m

Devils are 0-3-2 on the road this season and 2-11-8 in their last 21 road games dating back to last season.

2 ****ing wins in the last 21 games on the road...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone have a link to the Schneider interview? I was too busy downing whiskey after that abomination of a hockey game.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...ing_for_first_win_after_3-0_loss_in_winnipeg/

And this game was a total abomination. Worst effort of the season. A total no show aside from the first 2 or 3 minutes of the game.

Getting shutout by Montoya is just a joke. It's only happened 3 times before tonight. Losing to the Jets is pretty bad, PERIOD. Especially after losing to Calgary and blowing a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period to the other ghosts of Alberta.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
From the Chere article:

Time for a shakeup?

“I don’t know,” DeBoer said. “We have to do something.”

Wisdom.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sure Gulltti and Chere will rush to get interviews with Lou soon. Ask him what's going on and if coach Dumbeor is on the hot seat. Lou will probably give a status quo like answer. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad