Speculation: Now what do we do? ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I guess the consensus is get rid of Bishop and Stamkos.

Time for a rebuild.

If getting rid of 2 players means we are starting a rebuild, then this team is a pretender.

And really the only consensus here is that you have an agenda against Vasilevskiy. :laugh:

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
If getting rid of 2 players means we are starting a rebuild, then this team is a pretender.

And really the only consensus here is that you have an agenda against Vasilevskiy. :laugh:

OK, I submit, Vasilevskiy is the second coming. He stepped in and looked so great in losing in the playoffs (to another young goalie who won the cup). Give this guy the reins.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What this means is Yzerman doesn't care too much about locking players up early. I can't think of one who he has. So he'll let Bishop test free agency or at least speak with teams the 5 days prior to which will be after the expansion draft.

Bishop wasn't necessarily "locked up," but we signed him a year ahead.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
OK, I submit, Vasilevskiy is the second coming. He stepped in and looked so great in losing in the playoffs (to another young goalie who won the cup). Give this guy the reins.

Nobody said that he is the greatest goaltender to ever live. But someone DID say that he's trash and has cost us 2 Cups.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Hey guys just wondering when yzerman is going to start a carle buyout ? A kucherov or a Killorn contract? Can someone let him know the offseason has started ?

as soon as saw this my head went here lmao:)

"Ronan: Citizens of Xandar, behold your guardians of the galaxy! What fruit have they wrought?
Peter Quill: [dances] Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child, things will get brighter. You listen to these words. Ooh child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child things'll get brighter. Then bring it down hard! Someday...
Ronan: What are you doing?
Peter Quill: Dance-off, bro. Me and you.
[holds out his hand for Gamora]
Peter Quill: Gamora.
[she shakes her head]
Peter Quill: Subtle, taking it back.
Peter Quill: I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom! "

we are like kevin bacon lol

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
No I think Stamkos is gone myself but Robert guess thinks he stays I hope Stamkos stays.

I swear it must be like the 50th time I've read this exact same post in the past 4 months. I'm starting to question what is the precise relation between you and Robert... I mean I've got that bizarre feeling you're the same person ! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
as soon as saw this my head went here lmao:)

"Ronan: Citizens of Xandar, behold your guardians of the galaxy! What fruit have they wrought?
Peter Quill: [dances] Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child, things will get brighter. You listen to these words. Ooh child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child things'll get brighter. Then bring it down hard! Someday...
Peter Quill: Dance-off, bro. Me and you.
[holds out his hand for Gamora]
Peter Quill: Gamora.
[she shakes her head]
Peter Quill: Subtle, taking it back.
Peter Quill: I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom! "

we are like kevin bacon lol

Lol he is having a beer with Gretzky right now that's where he is lol! Maybe asking hey Wayne should I pay Stamkos? Wayne says yes if you can get him for 9.3 per year. Wayne should I buy out carle ? Wayne says Steve you should have already started the paper work on a carle buy out lol Wayne should I trade Ben bishop? Sure steve if you can get a lot I would vasy is a world class young goalie!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I guess the consensus is get rid of Bishop and Stamkos.

Time for a rebuild.

I guess the consensus is to use up 1/4 the cap on two players. One of which doesn't show up in the playoffs and one who is always hurt in them.

Time to sneak into the playoffs and wash out right away.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I guess the consensus is to use up 1/4 the cap on two players. One of which doesn't show up in the playoffs and one who is always hurt in them.

Time to sneak into the playoffs and wash out right away.

There's a difference between being hurt and being a loser. This goalie situation illustrates it.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
If we get rid of Bishop we don't make the playoffs this upcoming season (which is more difficult than making it). Vasilevskiy just isn't an everyday goalie.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we get rid of Bishop we don't make the playoffs this upcoming season (which is more difficult than making it). Vasilevskiy just isn't an everyday goalie.

Yeah that bum can't carry the load everyday, it's not like he carried his KHL team to the conference finals at 19 or anything. But Bishop is, the guy who couldn't hold down a full-time NHL job until he was 27. But you seem like a guy who's familiar with trash so I'll take your word.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Yeah that bum can't carry the load everyday, it's not like he carried his KHL team to the conference finals at 19 or anything. But Bishop is, the guy who couldn't hold down a full-time NHL job until he was 27. But you seem like a guy who's familiar with trash so I'll take your word.

So ditch Bishop because Vasilevskiy lost in heroic fashion? Vasi as a starter will be a disaster.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
In reality trade Vasilevskiy, future 5 time cup winner and future goalie trophy namesake, for a king's ransom. Ideally sign Bishop for a mid term deal and then figure it out. Imagine the haul we could get from a young goalie who lost in the clutch twice!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vasi almost stole that series from the cup champs. Your saying to trade him?? Guy is barely ready for a starting job but almost stole that series. Wait until he is developed and experienced. He will be very good. If he's not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad