Speculation: Now what do we do? ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I don't see Yzerman offering more than 8.5 for Stamkos. With his injuries and decline in play he's only a risk going forward.

Honestly, if we are taking injuries into account, what is the difference between 8.5 and 9.5? Its not like Yzerman wont go over 5 million because of the injury history. If he doesnt go over 8.5 (which is way to much to begin with), it is because stamkos cant play to that level.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Well, if you keep stamkos and lose Johnson, then yes, that is where we are heading...

He wants to not become the Rangers by taking away one of our most prolific playoff producers in favor of a playoff passenger. Seems legit.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

It doesn't matter what Stamkos is worth, because even signing him for his current 7.5 million means we lose someone else that has been more important to this team when it really matters. Someone like Killorn or Johnson.

That 7.5 mil is best used signing a "lesser" player to fill a portion of the regular season void left by Stamkos' departure and use the rest of the money to re-sign Kuch, Hedman, Johnson, Palat, Killorn, etc. Even 2 mil could be the difference between keeping a core player and losing him.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Cowen just went on waivers for buyout purposes (which starts at 5 today). Wonder if we see anything about Carle today?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Cowen just went on waivers for buyout purposes (which starts at 5 today). Wonder if we see anything about Carle today?

Doubt it yzerman is at howes funeral today in Detroit. I think yzerman begins working Thursday or this weekend.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
There is so much wrong with this post that I hardly know where to begin. First of all expansion has nothing to do with us losing Bishop or Vasy, as Bishop is a UFA and Vasy will be protected. We could theoretically keep both if we could afford to do so. Second I have always been adamant about not trading Vasy under any circumstance so you're arguing against something I never said in the first place. Third this debate has been about whether or not to keep Stamkos over Johnson, and now that you've realized you can't defend your position on the matter you think you can distract us from that fact by shifting to a completely different argument - you're not fooling anybody. And finally "my facts are I think" perfectly sums up the quality (or lack thereof) of your argument: you can't support your position with either facts or logic and you erroneously believe that your opinion is self-validating.

In closing I'll add that given the sheer number of flat out factually incorrect things I've seen you post with regard to expansion, the cap, etc. you might want to refrain in the future from making smartass comments like "you do know you have to play 82 games to get to the playoffs?" It's one thing to come with an attitude when you actually know what you're talking about; to do so when you clearly don't simply makes you look foolish.

Expansion has everything to do with losing vasy or bishop and yzerman has even said a decision will be forced to be made sooner. As for Tyler Johnson I'm saying he is injury prone as I think bishop is injury prone. So Stamkos walks ? Johnson is the number one center gets hurt ? Then you have vladdy and flipper has your top centers ? I'd rather find a way to have Stamkos and Johnson as our top two centers.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Expansion has everything to do with losing vasy or bishop.

This proves that you have no idea what you're talking about. You do realize that Bishop will be a UFA the summer of the draft and therefore will not require protection, right? Expansion will NOT - I repeat, NOT force us to lose either goalie. The cap probably will, but expansion will not.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
9.3 will cripple this team.

Agree if Stamkos really wants to be here he will have to take a big discount. Not an easy decision to make. The team is close. I can sympathize a little bit to his situation because he has been here a while and wants to be here for the best days but not too much because if he doesn't re-sign here he will have a nice pay day.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This proves that you have no idea what you're talking about. You do realize that Bishop will be a UFA the summer of the draft and therefore will not require protection, right? Expansion will NOT - I repeat, NOT force us to lose either goalie. The cap probably will, but expansion will not.

Yes but you have to sign bishop to a new contract and if he reaches ufa you think he signs with us? More likely yzerman extends him now or let's him walk to ufa. If he extends bishop this summer then you can only protect one goalie. Vegas can still draft bishop under his expiring contract and pay him what ever they will have plenty of cap space.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes but you have to sign bishop to a new contract and if he reaches ufa you think he signs with us? More likely yzerman extends him now or let's him walk to ufa. If he extends bishop this summer then you can only protect one goalie. Vegas can still draft bishop under his expiring contract and pay him what ever they will have plenty of cap space.

Stamkos is about to hit UFA and yet you think we can resign him. Our best player, Kucherov, hasn't been extended yet. I don't believe Yzerman will resign Bishop prior to the draft especially when he knows what resigning means in having to expose Vasilevskiy.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos is about to hit UFA and yet you think we can resign him. Our best player, Kucherov, hasn't been extended yet. I don't believe Yzerman will resign Bishop prior to the draft especially when he knows what resigning means in having to expose Vasilevskiy.

No I think Stamkos is gone myself but Robert guess thinks he stays I hope Stamkos stays.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I don't think they have spoken to kucherovs agent yet at all from what I've heard.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yzerman moves

Hey guys just wondering when yzerman is going to start a carle buyout ? A kucherov or a Killorn contract? Can someone let him know the offseason has started ?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think they have spoken to kucherovs agent yet at all from what I've heard.

What this means is Yzerman doesn't care too much about locking players up early. I can't think of one who he has. So he'll let Bishop test free agency or at least speak with teams the 5 days prior to which will be after the expansion draft.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
What this means is Yzerman doesn't care too much about locking players up early. I can't think of one who he has. So he'll let Bishop test free agency or at least speak with teams the 5 days prior to which will be after the expansion draft.

Coburn? :laugh:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

He locked up hedman early think December in the last year of his deal.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Dump Carle. Attempt to sign Bishop to a deal that isn't too long or short and trade Trashilevskiy asap. That pos has cost us 2 cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad