Speculation: Now that the dust has settled, how many wins do the Oilers walk away with for the first 10 games?

Wins over first 10 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I said 5 only because anything can happen and surely this complete management group has to be under severe and impatient scrutiny no? They can't let another season get away so fast.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If talbot can actually stop a puck, .500. If not, I’m scared, man. Lol

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Ha!
Love the optimism! But aren't those team's all going to be POed when we play them?!!

I think my level of optimism goes in the opposite direction of the prevailing level of doom and gloom on the boards. Right now the doom and gloom might be near an all time high for only having played a single game... overseas... with coaches/systems/structure that the team is obviously still getting a grip on.

There's certainly some concern after that 1st game... but there is just as likely to be a solid bounceback and a level of heightened intensity/resiliency from this team in coming games as opposed to a meltdown/resignation for yet another doomed season.

I agree that these next ~10 games will likely tell the tale... how they come out in the next stretch of games and set the tone and prove/disprove that they are a team that can actually outwork/outcompete opposing teams will show if they are going to be a team that actually can compete and rise to another level this year. I say they can do that... now let's see if it actually happens.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That D is not good enough to hold those other teams, they can win a few but not enough to stay away from being a mediocre team.

Nurse + anyone of Russell/Benning/Bouchard/Bear is not gonna work as your 2nd pair and no GM is going to help us out with a freebie at this point given the reputation our management team has league wide for getting ripped off.

That's just fundamentally the issue I see, even if other things improve, that D-group is still brutal, especially whatever combination is on that 2nd pairing, won't be good enough.

The offence is not good enough to play high octane fire wagon hockey to overcome the inevitable mistakes/break downs that are going to happen on the back end.

Sekera injury is a disaster that keeps on giving.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Wins against Boston x2, Winnipeg, and Pittsburgh and 4-5-1 going into the game against Minnesota which I think they win. I think we'll see a lot of Jekyll and Hyde between now and then...a lot of the Hyde will be the coaching.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I don't like to be negative but I don't see them winning more than 2-3 games. On the positive side, someone will get fired.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Ugly schedule. I see Rangers and Hawks as the most likely so that probably means they only win one of the two. Maybe they catch another team or two napping or just having a bad night. I think they start the year 3-7. I’d be surprised if they did any better. After what I saw on Saturday I also wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t win any.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think 4. They'll pick up their play but unless McLellan is fired or has a come to god moment, we'll still suffer from better coaches/teams picking apart the system's obvious flaws.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Hopefully they fire the coach, if they have an awful record and play like they did against NJ.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Expecting the Penguins game to be the typical result where McDavid stands on his head, is clearly the best player on the ice, and then the Oilers lose anyways.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I chose 3, cause I'm pessimistic and completely soured on this team doing any better. Please surprise me Oil.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Voted 3, I watched Hawks vs Leafs and Chigago is one good team again despide the OT loss. I think we get puck luck in two games and win Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad