Speculation: Now that the dust has settled, how many wins do the Oilers walk away with for the first 10 games?

Wins over first 10 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
6553f378-4ff9-4586-859d-cb694b5cf678.png

And what kind of fallout do you predict happens with your win estimation?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
That is one brutal schedule...
I think 3-6-1 would be likely after the first 10. I don't think there is a chance in hell for us to beat most of those teams and whoever made this schedule really set us up for failure this year

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think if they win their next 10, it will be a lot quieter here. Might have to take up knitting as the forums will be tumbleweeds.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Caps blew away the Bruins... so the B's are ripe for another ass kicking.
Rags are winless... another Oiler victim.
Jets just got wasted by the Stars... primed for another defeat.
Bruins... back again to beat them into submission again.
Preds barely squeaked by the Isles... due for a defeat.
Penguins porous defense allowed 6... net will be pumped full yet again by the Oilers.
Capitals just allowed 7... their hangover is underway and will continue when the Oilers meet them and beat them.
Preds... back for another beating so soon? Here you go... go listen to some Taylor Swift country tunes to make you feel better after losing.
Blackhawks... haven't lost yet but by then they'll be slumping which the Oilers will help them along with.
Wild... 2 goals in 2 games... impotent offense will be no match for the Oilers attack.

10 wins... a couple may go to OT just so we can have some fun watching McDavid go medieval on a few opponents.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Would be most confident about the Rangers game, but it's in the afternoon, so...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Penguins porous defense allowed 6... net will be pumped full yet again by the Oilers.
Capitals just allowed 7... their hangover is underway and will continue when the Oilers meet them and beat them.
Preds... back for another beating so soon? Here you go... go listen to some Taylor Swift country tunes to make you feel better after losing.
Blackhawks... haven't lost yet but by then they'll be slumping which the Oilers will help them along with.
Wild... 2 goals in 2 games... impotent offense will be no match for the Oilers attack.

10 wins... a couple may go to OT just so we can have some fun watching McDavid go medieval on a few opponents.
The first Boston game against us is their 4th of the season. They already bounced back and shut out Buffalo

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I am saying 5-5-0. We will beat the Rangers, Bruins(x2), Jets and Hawks. This is a tough start to the season.

If the Oilers go 5-5-0 then McLellan should be in the running or the Jack Adams.

I could see one win in those first ten games. Against the Rangers.

It's gonna be another loooooong season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Oilers go 5-5-0 then McLellan should be in the running or the Jack Adams.

Chicago is more winnable, we usually play them well. Rangers is an afternoon game.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Chicago is more winnable, we usually play them well. Rangers is an afternoon game.

I see the logic. However, it's so early in the season so I don't think the afternoon thing will be as big a factor.

Besides, if the Oilers get to their 10th game of the season without a win (which is what the Chicago game could be) there will be huge pressure on the team to just get one win.

That's why I think the first win will come earlier in the season.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I said 5 before I seen the teams they have to play . Wow . If they play like game 1 they be luck to get 3 wins . NYR , Chicago and they should manage to steal one they have no business of winning . If they get less then 5 wins they are in for along season

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

Rangers are a weaker team we both agree on that one.

Boston I think is winnable because we have had a great record against them over the last 4 year, 6-2. So I am hoping that trend continues, at least a split of the two.

The Jets I just have a good feeling about.

And the Hawks will be on the back end of a back to back (playing St. Louis the night before) so hopefully they will be tired.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Ha!
Love the optimism! But aren't those team's all going to be POed when we play them?!!

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Even before yesterday’s loss I said .500 or around there would be best case scenario, brutal schedule and coming back from the over seas doesn’t help. If they escape those above .500 then I will for the first time say they will be a playoff team.

More likely they go something like 3-6-1 though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->