Now that Hoffman's fiancee has been cleared, can we revisit this trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
No evidence doesn't mean she wasn't guilty. Just means there was no proof. OJ simpson was found not guilty of murder. Doesn't mean he was innocent.

We live in western society where we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Everyone's so quick to judge and cast shame. We're seeing it all over the internet from sports to politics. Sad state of affairs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
She wasn't cleared, just that there is no evidence. Whoever is guilty, the chances of there being evidence is pretty limited if they have even a basic knowledge of VPN's and covering their tracks.

Innocent or guilty of those specific allegations, there were very obviously other things going on. We have no idea who is the guilty party there either. Ottawa had to move Hoffman whether they moved Karlsson or not. How to the rest of the team react if Karlsson is moved and Hoffman remains? Particularly when the partners of the other players have a very clear opinion of exactly what happened. Hoffman is a distraction there regardless, and frankly would probably get the blame for Karlsson being traded from a section of fans.

As for trading him for scraps? They traded Karlsson for scraps too. The reality the Dorion is a terrible GM, and Melnyk makes sure he makes sure he blindsides a terrible GM as much as possible. Dorion had the chance to get a good return for Hoffman when the Blues wanted him at the deadline, after Karlsson had made him aware of issues going on. Dorion made a stupid decision to think it wasn't significant that their star player was coming to him, or possibly that moving Karlsson would solve the issue.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
In all fairness, many people came in supporting Karlsson's wife, with no one defending Caryk (other than her boyfriend) in this instance. They obviously had a pretty big reason to all side against Caryk, she is obviously a cancer in the wives/girlfriends group on that team, regardless of whether she posted bad things or not. Also, highly doubt, that Erik's wife just picked an arbitrary wive or girlfriend to heap blame on, what reason would she have to accuse someone of such terrible comments?
This crap happens in female circles all the time, where the popular girl bad mouths a target to all her friends and turns everyone she can against her. Usually happens in high school, tho. That doesn't mean she was guilty, just means that someone else was more popular.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I witnessed a situation like this at a job I once had. It sucks because the one guilty would get fired, and the victim would sometimes get either frowned upon or uncomfortable at the job. And finally, they either transfer or quit as well. Then it leaves a bad stench in the workplace that takes years to fix.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
now we're down to two suspects:

Borowiecki.jpg

or ...

Dn9LBKjU8AAaIYO.jpg-large.ad646704.fill-735x490.jpg
Two? That's the same person!

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Everyone projecting their own personal baggage onto the situation here. We literally have no idea what went on one way or another and nowhere near enough information to make an informed conclusion of any sort.

Clearly the Karlsson's has something they felt proved guilt since they sought a legal remedy to the situation. The fact the this was dismissed only means it didn't meet the legal burden of proof. Prosecutors are notorious for only bringing cases to trial they are positive they can win. Especially with high profile cases.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
How much of this probably just comes down to the fact that accusations like this can be hard to prove to start AND they are literally on opposites sides on the continent right now?

Not saying it is necessarily right to not convict someone but I could also see them thinking something along the lines of this:

1) The evidence to provide proof beyond reasonable doubt will be hard enough to start
2) They are on opposite sides of the country
3) Caryk's reputation is already done to begin with
4) Any legal fines probably don't outweigh the cost of trying to move forward with anything else.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This crap happens in female circles all the time, where the popular girl bad mouths a target to all her friends and turns everyone she can against her. Usually happens in high school, tho. That doesn't mean she was guilty, just means that someone else was more popular.

Yeah, I understand that, but to blame someone for the horrendous comments goes past "high school" or clique behaviour, doesn't it!

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Melnyk hired someone to post that stuff so he could start the dismantle of the team to drive them down the hole so NHL will force him to sell them and not seem like the villain
You had me until ‘hire’

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Don't know anything about Hoffman's girlfriend, but after reading into all this drama I doubt any of the people involved are smart enough to use a vpn or ip hiding software. My guess is if the lawyers couldn't find anything to tie Hoffman's girlfriend to this, she most likely didn't do it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If there actually WERE comments made or any actual proof of Hoffman's fiancee roasting Mrs. Karlsson the way it is alleged she did, you'd think there would be screenshots presented, or a single shred of evidence once this became public. :dunno:

Hard to take anything the Karlsson camp says seriously regarding this matter, going forward.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Everyone projecting their own personal baggage onto the situation here. We literally have no idea what went on one way or another and nowhere near enough information to make an informed conclusion of any sort.

Clearly the Karlsson's has something they felt proved guilt since they sought a legal remedy to the situation..

No. That is not clear. Like, at all.

There are as you say people projecting in this thread, but they may not be the ones you think.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Irregardless, they're has to be someones wive guilty in this sega.

Even that is far from certain.

What we know is that someone said in an online message "I hate you and your future baby" to an attention-seeking woman whose pregnancy and whole life was being Instagramed, down to the color of the last five Froot Loops she ate.

That limits the pool of suspects to everyone who ever had an internet connection.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Even that is far from certain.

What we know is that someone said in an online message "I hate you and your future baby" to an attention-seeking woman whose pregnancy and whole life was being Instagramed, down to the color of the last five Froot Loops she ate.

That limits the pool of suspects to everyone who ever had an internet connection.

As long as we're not projecting or being pejorative.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Dorion's hands were pretty forced to move Hoffman after this clown show. Karlsson trade was just absolute stupidity though. I don't see how it makes any sense even financially speaking as I imagine a good chunk or their fan base will boycott the games without him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad