Now that Hoffman's fiancee has been cleared, can we revisit this trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Regardless of proof, Hoffman and his girlfriend were a distraction that caused a rift in the dressing room.

I mean if you suspected that your neighbour was getting their dog to crap on your law. You didn't have any hard proof, but certain things made you strongly believe this to be true. Regardless of guilt or not, it's going to affect your relationship. They ask for a favour, you're probably going to say no, or at the very least, you're not going to go out of your way to help.

And that's what a true team needs, players going the extra mile and battling for each other, not just doing things for each other if it's convenient.

Reactions: Hivemind

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Dorion doing Dorion things. The Burrows trade/signing/buyout or 2019 OTT first rounder management are on the same level of mental impairment.
His track record certainly doesn't suggest his poor return for Hoffman should come with an asterisk. It fits a clear pattern.

Reactions: BM14

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
That kind of stuff can be hard to prove anyway. Senators management obviously knew it to be true with so many other wives coming forward and taking Karlsson's wife's side. It's obvious there was bad blood there and regardless of legitimacy of it, the lockerroom damage had been done. Hoffman had to go regardless of KArlsson.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You could see that outcome coming from miles away. Well, maybe not based on the threads unfairly condemning Caryk around the internet based on obviously baseless accusations. But at least a few of us could.

Hopefully, Caryk will sue the Karlssons and every other person who attacked her reputation.
The worst part was the wives of other teammates and former teammates taking to twitter to post their opinions. I said it from the start that stuff doesn't belong on twitter.

Like the one that said something like "So proud of my girl Melinda for sticking up for herself. Monika's obsession with Melinda was always nasty and now it's gone too far."

:facepalm:

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
i knew the karlssons were going to end up being the villains in this sega
3max.jpg

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Karlsson: "We've hired a private investigator, and are 99.9% sure your GF is behind this."

Hoffman: "Well that still leaves 0.1% right? I'm'a wife this piece!"

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
That kind of stuff can be hard to prove anyway. Senators management obviously knew it to be true with so many other wives coming forward and taking Karlsson's wife's side. It's obvious there was bad blood there and regardless of legitimacy of it, the lockerroom damage had been done. Hoffman had to go regardless of KArlsson.

Are you seriously giving Sens management this much credit?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Melnyk hired someone to post that stuff so he could start the dismantle of the team to drive them down the hole so NHL will force him to sell them and not seem like the villain

Insidefi

Sep 22, 2016
Alberta
Or it could be the queen saying one thing and accusing Caryk, and the rest following suit. Mob mentality looking for someone to blame.

What? Why would player’s wives now on other teams join in on this “mob mentality”. They had nothing to gain by blaming Caryk if it weren’t true.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Are you seriously giving Sens management this much credit?

Seems like a no-brainer. It'd be like giving credit to Garth Snow for drafting John Tavares. It was obvious Hoffman's girl caused chemistry issues. Was a no-brainer to ship him out. And I don't make fun of other clubs owners and GM's because i'm an Islander's fan. I follow that whole pot/kettle glass house thing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
She wasn't cleared. They just couldn't prove it either way. Nothing really to see here. Hoffman was a problem and they thought they may be able to keep Karlsson.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
In all fairness, many people came in supporting Karlsson's wife, with no one defending Caryk (other than her boyfriend) in this instance. They obviously had a pretty big reason to all side against Caryk, she is obviously a cancer in the wives/girlfriends group on that team

You don't need to be "a cancer" for a group of people to pile up on you. In fact, you don't need much of anything except someone taking a dislike to you and others following suit. I've seen it happen to people at work, university, etc...

I don't know the people involved. So I don't know what's the deal with all these people and why they dislike each other. But "she's alone and they're a group" is not a rational way for an outsider to determine what's going on.

Also, highly doubt, that Erik's wife just picked an arbitrary wive or girlfriend to heap blame on, what reason would she have to accuse someone of such terrible comments?

Maybe for a number of reasons similar to the people in this thread here: prejudices, nastiness, jumping to weird conclusions, rivalry, wanting to be outraged about something. I have no idea.

Maybe she does have a real reason for saying Caryk harassed her. But she hasn't provided it and, from the get go, the way the this has been handled by the Karlsson clan appeared extremely frivolous and precipitated.

I'm very curious to see what Caryk and Hoffman will do next. I've seen people's reputation being damaged and it leaves traces for a long time. Can't even imagine when it's on this scale...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They did the right thing dumping him. Terrible influence to any locker room.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, except Sharks fans.
I'm just glad we didn't keep Hoffman. I wonder if the fact that we flipped Hoffman immediately will affect Karlsson's opinion. On one hand, we acquired a good talent and shipped him for futures. On the other hand, there's been (warranted or not) drama around these two.

I admit I wasn't terribly happy about the return, but we basically got something for nothing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
both players were going to be a distraction and they both got moved for nothing --San Jose burned the Sens twice this off season

flipping Hoffman for more then they gave up to get him--freeing up the money -by trading Bodkter's 4mill sal and then flipping Hoffman for only picks? that gave them the money to get Karlsson and somehow they still have over 2 mill in cap space

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
No evidence doesn't mean she wasn't guilty. Just means there was no proof. OJ simpson was found not guilty of murder. Doesn't mean he was innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad