Now that Hoffman's fiancee has been cleared, can we revisit this trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
In case anyone missed it, there's been a ruling in Hoffman's fiancee's request for evidence:

"The judge, however, did make clear that while Caryk is looking for evidence, there simply isn’t any information before the court to suggest any such evidence exists or that Caryk was responsible for the online posts.
“Other than Mrs. Karlsson’s bald assertion and, maybe, a weak inference arising from the circumstance that Ms. Caryk knew exactly where to look for nasty posts, there is simply no evidence that Ms. Caryk did make any such postings.”

"Regardless, Caryk has no right to ask for a declaration that she didn’t “post nasty things about another person,” the court ruled."

tl;dr

There's no evidence she posted anything about Karlsson's wife, but the judge wouldn't rule that she didn't post it either, because there's no evidence either way.

Mike Hoffman is a 60 point scorer on a bargain bin contract with multiple years left. Why did Ottawa move him for nothing, only to move Karlsson for nothing, when there's no actual evidence? This actually isn't a shit on the Sens post, I'm asking legitimately, does this not set a precedent in the league, if one player doesn't like another for example they can make these accusations and have the player shipped out?

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
tenor.gif

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Sometimes you just gotta look at things black and white. Regardless who was at fault, there was clearly a disagreement between Hoffman and Karlsson that was unfortunately, publicised.

It was not going to end in a hand shake agreement to just drop it. Hoffman was traded by questionable management to save face to the public. Karlsson had another reason to be turned off by the organization. All at the expense of Sens fans. I feel for them, good city and good people straight up being f***ed.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Sometimes you just gotta look at things black and white. Regardless who was at fault, there was clearly a disagreement between Hoffman and Karlsson that was unfortunately, publicised.

It was not going to end in a hand shake agreement to just drop it. Hoffman was traded by questionable management to save face to the public. Karlsson had another reason to be turned off by the organization. All at the expense of Sens fans. I feel for them, good city and good people straight up being ****ed.
There was also clearly a problem between Hoffmans fiancee and almost all the other girlfriends on that team which was easily seen by all the support Karlsson and his wife got by them publicly when this got out.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
You could see that outcome coming from miles away. Well, maybe not based on the threads unfairly condemning Caryk around the internet based on obviously baseless accusations. But at least a few of us could.

Hopefully, Caryk will sue the Karlssons and every other person who attacked her reputation.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Dorion doing Dorion things. The Burrows trade/signing/buyout or 2019 OTT first rounder management are on the same level of mental impairment.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion should have traded him for a soft return of futures with a conditional pick in there based on Hoffman either being traded or signing an extension by the end of his deal.

So basically have a 2022 1st in the deal, but it only transfers if Hoffman is traded by the team acquiring him, or re-signs.

Keep in mind, this was something I was suggesting before Hoffman was traded and subsequently flipped. I did not expect him to be re-traded so soon, I just thought the Senators should get some sort of insurance for if/when Hoffman's value rebounds due to the drama concluding.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why did Ottawa move him for nothing, only to move Karlsson for nothing, when there's no actual evidence? This actually isn't a **** on the Sens post, I'm asking legitimately, does this not set a precedent in the league, if one player doesn't like another for example they can make these accusations and have the player shipped out?

The issue extended past the Karlsson's, Hoffman and his fiancee. It was an issue that as you can tell from comments involved many of the players significant others and by extension likely the players. There was no way for Hoffman to stay with the team regardless of what happened with Karlsson. Congrats you got a skilled player for peanuts, be grateful, dont be a dick.

And trust me, it's not the first time a player was moved becuase of an issue in or outside of the dressing room, details usually remain private.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
^^ Yeah, but isn't it usually to do with a player screwing another guys wife, not a players girlfriend doing that?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
being unable to prove something beyond doubt does not innocent make in the court of public opinion or even common sense. the threshold to make something actionable requires overwhelming certainty. suppositions do not. if karlsson's wife felt, with the support of the rest of the WAGs of the senators, that this sort of vitriol was consistent with what could be expected of hoffman's fiance, i consider that good enough without signed affidavits and getting witness statements. there's just so little incentive to defend this in court if you're the karlssons'. it's an ugly chapter that needed to be closed, but this ruling by no means exonerates her of being a terrible person if she is one.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
No evidence either way, but the words of many other wives of sens players are worth noting. Also the OP is a bit generous of Hoffman, he's a 50 point streaky goal scorer. Not a 60 point game breaker

Or it could be the queen saying one thing and accusing Caryk, and the rest following suit. Mob mentality looking for someone to blame.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You could see that outcome coming from miles away. Well, maybe not based on the threads unfairly condemning Caryk around the internet based on obviously baseless accusations. But at least a few of us could.

Hopefully, Caryk will sue the Karlssons and every other person who attacked her reputation.

In all fairness, many people came in supporting Karlsson's wife, with no one defending Caryk (other than her boyfriend) in this instance. They obviously had a pretty big reason to all side against Caryk, she is obviously a cancer in the wives/girlfriends group on that team, regardless of whether she posted bad things or not. Also, highly doubt, that Erik's wife just picked an arbitrary wive or girlfriend to heap blame on, what reason would she have to accuse someone of such terrible comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad