Blue Jays Discussion: Now accepting rants about Sanchez going to the bullpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I get being relieved that we didn't commit 100+ mil to JB in the off-season, but being happy about the injury is kinda nuts.

I'm guessing that when he comes back he'll be a full-time DH, with EE at 1B and the Jays will be a Smoak-free zone.

Anyway, what the HELL happened to Carlos Gomez...and should we pick him up?

If you think Upton is bad at swinging at bad pitches, you should see Gomez swing out of his shoes every hack

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Glad the Jays did not sign Jose. You could see last year he was on the decline.

All this talk about him giving the Jays a discount so now he wants a pay day is a joke. He agreed to the contract, its not the Jays fault he performed the way he did. Now to say he provided a discount is just a Joke. Jose has always been a joke IMO, never liked the guy opens his mouth when he should not and keeps it shut when he should speak up.

The guy is obviously a self serving tool. I wish the Jays some how traded him during the summer.

His arm is shot.
His field play is going down hill fast.
His at the plate performance is what it always has been "swing for home runs" unfortunately his bat can no longer catch the ball properly.
He has a bad attitude and a big mouth.

At this point I guess the most that can be done is QO at the end of the year and hope you get something.

Rant - The end.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

All this talk about him giving the Jays a discount so now he wants a pay day is a joke. He agreed to the contract, its not the Jays fault he performed the way he did. Now to say he provided a discount is just a Joke. Jose has always been a joke IMO, never liked the guy opens his mouth when he should not and keeps it shut when he should speak up.

The guy is obviously a self serving tool. I wish the Jays some how traded him during the summer.

His arm is shot.
His at the plate performance is what it always has been "swing for home runs" unfortunately his bat can no longer catch the ball properly.

At this point I guess the most that can be done is QO at the end of the year and hope you get something.

Rant - The end.

Lol, you are so utterly wrong about Jose's "plate performance"

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

His arm is shot.

Rant - The end.

Age catches up to us all. It may come at different times, but it still comes. Nobody is immune to father time. JB is definitely showing signs of father time catching up to him. People who think t's just a bad season seem to forget that he'll be 36 in October. JB's best days are behind him, not in front of him. He'll probably get a multi-year deal from some team but I am willing to bet it's a contract that will be regretted in a years time.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

His arm is shot.

Rant - The end.

You sound perturbed.

I also presume based on your assessment of his 'plate performance' that you haven't watched much of Jose Bautista, who in the years of his apparent 'no provided discount' contract has been 6th in wOBA, 4th in wRC and 11th in WAR.

Jose is the prime of example of why most athletes say nothing. The ones who do get vilified, even though anyone with half a brain knows they are the same wavelength as the vast, vast majority of their peers.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Do people actually think management doesn't like Pompey? Maybe, just maybe, management feels that playing everyday as a CFer in AAA is more beneficial than playing in RF or LF sparingly for someone they see as a future CFer. He'll get his chance in September and he'll be on our opening day roster next year.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Do people actually think management doesn't like Pompey? Maybe, just maybe, management feels that playing everyday as a CFer in AAA is more beneficial than playing in RF or LF sparingly for someone they see as a future CFer. He'll get his chance in September and he'll be on our opening day roster next year.

The thing is, he would be playing every day right now if he were up here.

Where Pillar got hurt it made sense, Saunders, Upton, and Bautista would be playing every day, no sense in having Pompey up here on the bench.

Once Jose got hurt then Pompey is your 3rd best option. It becomes a little more confusing then because the "got to be playing every day" thing goes out the window.

The not wanting to call him up for a week until Carrera is back or 2 weeks until Jose is back, and then back down makes sense. I certainly hope management has faith in him long term, but I kinda got that feeling with Hutch a month or so ago and while that trade was great for us IMO clearly he was available and didn't seem like he was in the long term plans anymore. I certainly hope they're not getting a similar feeling with Dalton.

I didn't say I was certain about it, just starting to get that feeling. The "If Dalton doesn't get called up I give up" comment was obviously an exaggeration. But I thought for sure once Pillar got hurt that another injury would be his chance because there's nobody else besides the 3 we had starting that were better option.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Yeah think the Jays have past the Pompey in the majors. Not a priority. He may play next year based on what we have. Otherwise I bet they try and trade him. Feel bad for him.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The thing is, he would be playing every day right now if he were up here.

Where Pillar got hurt it made sense, Saunders, Upton, and Bautista would be playing every day, no sense in having Pompey up here on the bench.

Once Jose got hurt then Pompey is your 3rd best option. It becomes a little more confusing then because the "got to be playing every day" thing goes out the window.

The not wanting to call him up for a week until Carrera is back or 2 weeks until Jose is back, and then back down makes sense. I certainly hope management has faith in him long term, but I kinda got that feeling with Hutch a month or so ago and while that trade was great for us IMO clearly he was available and didn't seem like he was in the long term plans anymore. I certainly hope they're not getting a similar feeling with Dalton.

I didn't say I was certain about it, just starting to get that feeling. The "If Dalton doesn't get called up I give up" comment was obviously an exaggeration. But I thought for sure once Pillar got hurt that another injury would be his chance because there's nobody else besides the 3 we had starting that were better option.
I think with how Pompey was handed the CF spot last year out of camp and subsequently had a bad start and lost confidence in himself management would prefer to keep him confident down in AAA rather than bring him up in the middle of a division race and risk losing everything that has happened within the last year to get his confidence back.

Obviously I have no idea what management is thinking but that's how I want to look at it.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
If Pompey was still in the mix, they never would have given his number to Liriano.

Really? For all we know they asked Dalton..hey, do you mind if this 10 year veteran(guessing) can use the number you've worn sparingly for this season since we're sticking to our plan of getting you everyday at bats in AAA and you won't be needing it?

We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. But to assume they have no confidence in him because they gave up a rookies number to a veteran is a little absurd imo. But then again I'm probably the one whose reading it all wrong.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Pompey has been garbage the last month

Last 30 days: 101pa, .300avg/.366obp/.411slg/.777ops, 126wrc+, 5/5sb

if the jays only cared about having the best guy up here, pompey would be up now.

but it looks like they're playing the long game here for his future - they think he can benefit from more AAA at bats and his future is more important than the short term bigleague fix.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Orioles playing awful in Oakland and I love it. Houston has been pretty awful too so hopefully they don't wake up in Toronto for our series this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad