Blue Jays Discussion: Now accepting rants about Sanchez going to the bullpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Happ has become our ace

I'm not sure about that yet. That or we have a trio of aces right now :)

The funny thing is, everyone figured Stroman would be the ace coming in. I'm not knocking Stroman, but he's had an inconsistent season so far.

Game #1 of the playoffs there would be a strong debate of three different starting pitchers to use and Stroman is not in that debate,

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I think we have enough of a sample size now to have some fun...

Visit this thread for hilarity.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=110000887#post110000887

Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby on November 12th, 2015 at 7:15pm

That Happ signing is going to piss so many people off....

And I'm going to be so amused.

giphy.gif

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
the jays have never had a trio of SP do what sanchez/estrada/happ are doing this year.

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bautista on the DL once again may keep the team intact next year. He will definitely not command what was rumored as his stats and durability have gone down this year.

Which means, the Jays will qualify both EE and Bautista. Work hard to sign EE to a long term deal. And Bautista has a very good chance of accepting the 1-yr qualifying offer (17 million) cause no other team is going to be willing to pay him on a multi-year deal and lose a draft pick in the process.

This is my prediction.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I wonder how much the Braves would want for Nick Markakis? I imagine he'd clear recallable waivers @ $11MM for two more years. Depending on how bad the MRI is on Bautista, and where Pillar's thumb is, he'd fill a hole. Would also help balance out the lineup with an additional left handed bat.

Would also be a middle finger to Oriole fans, which is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad