Blue Jays Discussion: Now accepting rants about Sanchez going to the bullpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Its fairly simple. You don't crap where you eat. I am sure there are lots of potential future suitors of Bautista that have taken note to him calling out his employers for their managing of their finances.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
But there was a reason he was on a bargain contract

Right, and since it turned out to be such a bargain, he now feels like he wants to get as much as he possibly can instead of settling for less. Why is there something wrong with that?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
If he's going to leave, and possibly for a direct competitor, I hope he fails there.

EE too, if he's playing for the Red Sox, I hope he is terrible for them.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Right, and since it turned out to be such a bargain, he now feels like he wants to get as much as he possibly can instead of settling for less. Why is there something wrong with that?

There isnt. There is when you then go to a Camera and start telling them all that too. The Jays never went out and made an issue out of it to the Media like he did, so he opened the can of worms and deserves the criticism.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
hating on your best players because they dare to ask for market value.

it's petty, small market mentality.

It's not the dollars per year, it's the term at his age that I believe most think is unreasonable.

Depending on the dollars to spend, Edwin should be top priority.. If not for Edwin, I'd be fine with 2 years and 60m with a club option for a 3rd at maybe 20...

His inability to stay on the field, and lack of ability playing the OF have all but guaranteed he won't get what he wants... But then again, the team is run by dumb and dumber so I wouldn't be suprised to see him get dollars and term if they can't retain EE.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Its fairly simple. You don't crap where you eat. I am sure there are lots of potential future suitors of Bautista that have taken note to him calling out his employers for their managing of their finances.

This is a funny mentality to me. As fans, we ***** and whine and complain every damn day about Rogers being unwilling to support the team to the extent we all know they can, and as soon as Bautista backs up these opinions, we get all indignant and want him to fail because he called them out?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Now getting the most he can get is possibly less than he was being offered by the Jays in the off-season. It could turn out that he made another poor financial decision.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

Yeah, because it doesn't work the other way... If he signed for 30m per for the past 5 years and performed as a 15-20m player, would it be fair for the club to expect him to sign for less then market? No, of course not.

If he felt he would outplay his contract, he should have taken shorter term. He wanted the longer term deal, and over performed in it... That's how contracts work sometimes.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
This is a funny mentality to me. As fans, we ***** and whine and complain every damn day about Rogers being unwilling to support the team to the extent we all know they can, and as soon as Bautista backs up these opinions, we get all indignant and want him to fail because he called them out?

We are Rogers customers, Bautista is a Rogers employee. There is a difference.

Also, he spouted off about what he felt he deserved. This isn't about Rogers spending money on winning, they just dont think its worthwhile spending it on him to help them win and its looking like they are right.

Mad Brills*

He was right. Rogers have always been cheap. Rogers are the ones that have been screwing us for years, while Bautista was giving us pure joy on a bargain contract.

Lol nope.

Bautista was coming off 1 good season when he got that deal. Jays got lucky that it turned into a bargain with his great 2011,2013,2014 and 2015 seasons.

Could've easily turned into wells 2.0

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
We are Rogers customers, Bautista is a Rogers employee. There is a difference.

Then, if anything, him calling them out should have just strengthened your anti-Rogers resolve. He's the little guy railing against the man. Normally that's something to cheer for.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Then, if anything, him calling them out should have just strengthened your anti-Rogers resolve. He's the little guy railing against the man. Normally that's something to cheer for.

No, hes the multi million dollar athlete making more money then all of us put together will ever earn in our lifetime crying because he feels he is entitled to more and then goes in front of the Cameras talking about how he doesn't owe anything to Toronto. (I agree that he doesn't)

Mad Brills*

No, hes the multi million dollar athlete making more money then all of us put together will ever earn in our lifetime crying because he feels he is entitled to more

Hi Capitalism and false dichotomies!

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, because it doesn't work the other way... If he signed for 30m per for the past 5 years and performed as a 15-20m player, would it be fair for the club to expect him to sign for less then market? No, of course not.

If he felt he would outplay his contract, he should have taken shorter term. He wanted the longer term deal, and over performed in it... That's how contracts work sometimes.

Obviously. But he was vastly underpaid over that time, so it makes perfect sense that he might now want the biggest contract he can get to close out his career, regardless of whether or not the Jays are the team to give it to him.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
It's the way he did it, and publicly

He was asked publicly if he'd take a home town discount, which was a REALLY stupid question to ask someone coming off a contract that turned out to be a bargain. He didn't call a press conference to say "**** you all I want all the moneys!!!!"

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
He was asked publicly if he'd take a home town discount, which was a REALLY stupid question to ask someone coming off a contract that turned out to be a bargain. He didn't call a press conference to say "**** you all I want all the moneys!!!!"

The term "No Comment" comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad