GDT: note@satans

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
JAKE ALLEN SAYS

45767be0a2da98522658cbc1ed3cca26c5453958f73b73851ec4bcb990f24c5a.jpg

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We won, but i'm not happy our performance. Feels like our gamestyle was broken 2nd period. Everything what blues did goes wrong thanks to Allen he keeps clean our net. Disorganized, some sloppiness couple d-mans and bad PP. They need to practise more that how we bring that puck up o-zone without 3-5 bad attempts. It should be smooth like Hitch's smile.

*** Allen
** Lapierre
* Tarasenko

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
We won, but i'm not happy our performance. Feels like our gamestyle was broken 2nd period. Everything what blues did goes wrong thanks to Allen he keeps clean our net. Disorganized, some sloppiness couple d-mans and bad PP. They need to practise more that how we bring that puck up o-zone without 3-5 bad attempts. It should be smooth like Hitch's smile.

*** Allen
** Lapierre
* Tarasenko

3rd game in 4 nights and tail end of a back-to-back, not a huge surprise they started to run out of gas. I think we'll see a better 60 minute effort on Thursday.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Steen is looking better, but Backes needs to pick it up. I'm glad the Blues have a true scorer now, but the old core is going to have to do their part eventually.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Glad the games aren't 65 minutes. Really felt like we were hanging on there at the end.

EDIT: Which is certainly understandable after two OT games in three nights before this game.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I don't know how else to put it other than we did a great job of not losing that game

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

*** Allen
** Lapierre
* Tarasenko
We were also playing our third game in 4 nights. I'm very happy to have come away with a win.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

*** Allen
** Lapierre
* Tarasenko

MOST of that came from the tiredness (is that an English word) -(fatigue better) caused by a team fighting off illness playing 3 games in 4 nights on a back-to-back played against a rested team. I'm not so worried.

They need to rest tomorrow, and then Stastny will play Thursday, and they'll be home. Good things on the way with the new Blues getting more integrated with their teammates every new game.

Now, if I could only remember which thread I'm in, life would be sweet.:laugh:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
As I said after Anaheim. Allen will at some point this season be our starter. Man of the match.

Elliot has been a rock, he's not losing the job he earned unless he down right does something to lose his job for. What the hell is your problem with Elliot?

The guys been amazing and still every game he doesn't start (except for Vancouver of course, you know when Jake let in a couple softies).

Last edited by a moderator:

RR10*

I hope Stastny is back on thursday.

Steen - Stastny - Backes
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Lindstrom - Berglund - Jaskin
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves

When Oshie is ready Backes can go back to center.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Watch us be a worse team when Stastny and Oshie return.

That's what happened last season when he got all our key guys back from injury in December. They were on a mission before that though when they all had to step up.

RR10*

Elliot has been a rock, he's not losing the job he earned unless he down right does something to lose his job for. What the hell is your problem with Elliot?

The guys been amazing and still every game he doesn't start (except for Vancouver of course, you know when Jake let in a couple softies).
Elliott has been really good. But I'm not totally sold on him. Allen's been better so far. Compare his rebound control with Elliotts yesterday for example. I don't even understand why you are being mad, both are our goalies. I just wish that Allen develops into that franchise goalie we think he might become.

Last edited by a moderator:

RR10*

For a short term experiment, I would be ok with those lines. As long as they move Backes back to center when Oshie gets back.
Short term yeah. Otherwise one of Stastny/Backes will be the odd man out and carry a meh line.

RR10*

Statistically we will do worse with Stastny and Oshie. You dont win 6 in a row that often. But I'm sure we are going to play much better with them in the lineup, which will do good in the long run.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Great game by Pietrangelo. Good bounce-back by Jackman, who was terrible against the Rangers. Shatty looked completely out of gas early, but still stuck it out and battled. I love their willpower this year.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Elliott has been really good. But I'm not totally sold on him. Allen's been better so far. Compare his rebound control with Elliotts yesterday for example. I don't even understand why you are being mad, both are our goalies. I just wish that Allen develops into that franchise goalie we think he might become.

Allen has also gotten the easier of the assignments. Allen may have better numbers, but Elliott has been every bit as good as Allen.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm gonna ask again, did you guys notice Tarasenko used 1st period asthma pipe. Didnt even known he has to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad