OT - NO POLITICS NOT home for the Holidays.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I ordered a peace lily to be delivered to a friend whose mom passed away. After tax and fees it cost $75!!! :eek: And it wasn't even the biggest one they had.

I'm guessing with all the restrictions on funerals and weddings these days, the floral industry has taken quite a hit.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@DarrenBanks56

I have heat! After the old circulator was swapped out, i don’t know if i didn’t purge the lines properly or what. Maybe the new pump pushed a bunch of dead air through the system because it was full of air again. Once it was purged everything came to life!
3o6wrFkO3IiYUZDwJ2.gif

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
restaurant went from 111 people reserved to 39 by the time we opened last night after restrictions put in place, unless people get their sh** together down here, we will, once again, go into a full lockdown....ugg

At the very least, those who cancelled are following protocols which is good but call my pessimistic

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
@DarrenBanks56

I have heat! After the old circulator was swapped out, i don’t know if i didn’t purge the lines properly or what. Maybe the new pump pushed a bunch of dead air through the system because it was full of air again. Once it was purged everything came to life!

nice. must be good not dealing with that headache anymore. lol

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yesterday some of you were talking bout OG games like Frogger. Today and last night I just been watching videos about some trucking game I’m interested in getting. It’s always interesting to me the games that are out there.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Not sure what is worse

Channel 4 running Jeopardy at 2:37 AM

or that I am watching

What's worse is that they have that preacher dude before WoF and J! on Friday, instead of running the game shows at 1:30-2:30. I just watched it, and was 4/5 for Final Jeopardy this week, only missing one because I totally misconstrued a clue and thought I was looking for an island that had a Spanish word for "love", when they wanted the island with a Greek word for "love". I had to Gritty my teeth when I saw the answer for that one.

They must be going easy on the all-California cast.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Yesterday some of you were talking bout OG games like Frogger. Today and last night I just been watching videos about some trucking game I’m interested in getting. It’s always interesting to me the games that are out there.

ive been watching alot of youtube videos on nes games.
last nite i stumbled on a spyhunter nes video.
i played that game a ton. I just learned today the game never ends. its an endless game. what a waste. lol

Reactions: LouJersey

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
ive been watching alot of youtube videos on nes games.
last nite i stumbled on a spyhunter nes video.
i played that game a ton. I just learned today the game never ends. its an endless game. what a waste. lol

After watching videos of this game a video popped up of a game called tour bus manager. Which you basically just drive a bus and run a company.

lots of open world games seem to never end which is why I don’t finish em.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What's worse is that they have that preacher dude before WoF and J! on Friday, instead of running the game shows at 1:30-2:30. I just watched it, and was 4/5 for Final Jeopardy this week, only missing one because I totally misconstrued a clue and thought I was looking for an island that had a Spanish word for "love", when they wanted the island with a Greek word for "love". I had to Gritty my teeth when I saw the answer for that one.

They must be going easy on the all-California cast.
You grew orange fur on your teeth? :eek::laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Still looking for the Lawrence Welk album, but in the meantime I'm listening to a Christmas album that was released when I was three years old.

I still remember where it skips. :laugh:

20201121_183147.jpg

My record player doesn't do it justice though. Dad's old 60's-era console stereo could really crank out the music.

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You can get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days

:xsign:

Do you start celebrating Christmas in November? If so, stock up on the hot chocolate and eggnog because you can earn $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days.

Reviews.org is looking to hire a “Chief Holiday Cheermeister” to find the best holiday movie of all time.
“If you’re the type of person who watches holiday movies year-round, we want to hire you!” the job listing read.

The Chief Holiday Cheermeister will be able to pick any array of holiday movies, as long as they are all watched in a span of 25 days.

Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, have access to a streaming service, and complete a short post-movie survey after each viewing.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin The race caller in Toronto sounds like he is from your area

Yeah there's definitely an Aussie twang in that voice, but it doesn't sound quite proper Australian either. So I had to look into it - caller is supposedly a Robert Geller, born in England but raised in Melbourne, Australia from a young age. Started his career here then moved on to Hong Kong, Seattle and now Toronto. So there you go!

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad