OT - NO POLITICS NOT home for the Holidays.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Saw my sister and bro in law on Saturday for a few hours which was nice.

It will just be mom and I this year and that is a-ok with us because we are all healthy. This is my most vulnerable time with getting sick so the less I go out or be around people the better.

She bought a 10lb turkey to cook and we are just going to do the basic veggie sides. I'll have football on and will do laundry and she'll probably tell me her grand ideas on how to re-organize my storage room now that I have to store Christmas decorations.

Having her help me with my tree and decorating will be nice tho since I am not allowed to climb things.

Target has some fantastic stuff this year so if you are looking for decent quality that is affordable, check them out.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We, the Bride and my 2 sons, will keep it small. Just us. We’ll see where we are at data wise for Christmas.

In the meantime my daughter in Indiana zoomed us last night to introduce us to my new furry ‘grandson’......

Bear.

upload_2020-11-23_8-47-42.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guessing it has more to do with the citizens. They actually have people that don't give zero ***** about each other

I looked into it more and it seems like that may be the case- I guess the national response was also subpar but the local leaders in Australia did a good job. The rest comes down to the virus not being politicized by the people

they also do lockdowns and masks and social distancing and I think they compensated people when they locked down instead of spending trillions of dollars on the military industrial complex while watching 250,000 die and thousands of businesses go under

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Dropped my daughter off at daycare in Marlborough this morning. Im pretty sure the whole state is getting tested at the hockey rink out there. I couldnt even get to the daycare. Im guessing it was probably a 4 hour wait. Looked like something out of a movie.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I looked into it more and it seems like that may be the case- I guess the national response was also subpar but the local leaders in Australia did a good job. The rest comes down to the virus not being politicized by the people

they also do lockdowns and masks and social distancing and I think they compensated people when they locked down instead of spending trillions of dollars on the military industrial complex while watching 250,000 die and thousands of businesses go under

thats the key. they compensate the people during lockdown. Not have them pay $800 a month on daycare becasue schools are closed, or not have them take unpaid days off to stay home to teach kids for school. Its a whole different ball game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Plz tell me that’s not real, plz tell me people aren’t meeting in a 12 hour line in the middle of a pandemic for f***ing fast food

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My brother tested positive yesterday. I haven't seen him since September, but he lives at home with my dad and stepmother.

My company has been doing COVID Testing and the demand has been insane. We had 100 cars lined up at our site in Salem before we opened.

I'm volunteering at one of our testing sites tomorrow - demand has gotten so crazy that we need to pull from senior management to help out. Looks like I'll be getting the full PPE experience!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Dropped my daughter off at daycare in Marlborough this morning. Im pretty sure the whole state is getting tested at the hockey rink out there. I couldnt even get to the daycare. Im guessing it was probably a 4 hour wait. Looked like something out of a movie.

Yeah the testing is huge here too. Guessing that responds with higher, scarier numbers of positives, but it's good to be aware.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Yeah the testing is huge here too. Guessing that responds with higher, scarier numbers of positives, but it's good to be aware.
my friend said its like this because alot of people are travelling or seeing other households for thanksgiving. and result would be in by wednesday.. but what if they get exposed tues or wed. hmmm. why risk going anywhere to eat a friggin turkey now.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I just picked up D from school Saturday and it was like a military operation to get her home, but it was also good to see the protocols in place. I had to have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arriving in Maine, then I had to stay in the car on campus while she loaded her stuff into my truck on campus. We then brought her stuff to the storage facility we rented, and once she had left campus she was not allowed to return. She had taken a COVID test on campus on Friday, which came back negative, and this allowed her to return to CT without having to quarantine.

She was sad to leave, but relieved to be at home...and we are looking forward to all staying put for a while and hunkering down for the winter

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I’ll be having my typical thanksgiving and Christmas with my entire family present.
I usually am with my family (which is small) .

My daughter and her BF fly in from Calif and stay for a few days (and go to the day after Thanksgiving B's game).

usually....

My older sister drives out from Western MA and stays a few days.

My little sister (GahdenRibkRat) and her husband have all of us plus my brother in law's family over. She cooks...I bake. She invited me this year (no one else ) but I work and there have been at least 19 cases of COVID at my place of employment so I won't go. She and her hubby WFH.

This year it will be me, maybe my neighbor who has no family and has been home for months and my two cats..

It sucks but I am resigned to it.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Be careful y’all, contrary to popular belief it can have longer term ramifications for you even if you’re young and in great shape. Hell we saw Eduardo Rodriguez miss the entire season with an inflamed heart- he only got cleared to start walking a month or two ago

My neighbor has a damaged heat and lungs.

Reactions: CDJ

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
we decided to not go anywhere for thanksgiving.
going to wait for xmas.
people at wifes work has had covid.
daughters dsycare has had it. ive been playing hockey and my work people have had it. just too risky for indoor gatherings where i wouldnt be masking up.
You are wise and unselfish.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We, the Bride and my 2 sons, will keep it small. Just us. We’ll see where we are at data wise for Christmas.

In the meantime my daughter in Indiana zoomed us last night to introduce us to my new furry ‘grandson’......

Bear.

View attachment 377132
Beautiful pup.

I have 3 grand cats, 2 grand dogs and 1 grand mini pig

Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't doubt that many are trying to be tested due to exposure, symptoms or job related reasons but I'm willing to bet most of those being tested are doing so because the idea of scaling down their Thanksgiving plans is the end of the world.

I'd rather have a facetime dinner than one where I am saying goodbye to a loved one on a ventilator.

Selfish people are the worst.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My brother tested positive yesterday. I haven't seen him since September, but he lives at home with my dad and stepmother.

My company has been doing COVID Testing and the demand has been insane. We had 100 cars lined up at our site in Salem before we opened.

I'm volunteering at one of our testing sites tomorrow - demand has gotten so crazy that we need to pull from senior management to help out. Looks like I'll be getting the full PPE experience!
Hope he makes a full recovery and that your dad and stepmom don't get it.

Stay safe out there and thank you for all you do.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Virtual learning seems to be coming back hard here in Canada. My buddy has began a new project to help educate the youth in a fun way. Feel free to subscribe to his channel and nope, nothing in it for me, just a friend who has done a complete 180, turned his life around and is doing good things for others.

Enjoy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
yayyyyyyy

I was bragging about this place not being a covid hotspot a month ago and now we have covid AND tornadoes yayyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->