Post-Game Talk: Not good enough Bruins win 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
I’m tired of the Willy excuses

Sign him for more than his comparables and the Willy fanboys try to make you believe he was signed for his future 80 to 90 point seasons

Returns and looks like dog crap

Willy fanboys He’s not up to speed. Give him time to get going

After 18 games still playing like dog crap.

Willy fanboys but our corsi is now better with him in the lineup.

Against Boston still playing like crap.

Willy fanboys it’s kadri and Marleau fault. He should be with matthews

Willy fanboys as long as he is ready for the playoffs

Ulf it’s ok to write this season off for Willy.

He is what he is. An overpaid 20 goal 60 point player. Dubas stuck out on this one bad.

Reactions: Throw More Waffles

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Zaitsev not even on pace for 6 points this year.

Lou f***in handed this dude a 7 year 4m+ contract after one decent season because he was used on the top PP. f***in ridiculous.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014

Lou ****in handed this dude a 7 year 4m+ contract after one decent season because he was used on the top PP. ****in ridiculous.

Kyle "millennial reporters dream" Dubas handed a lot worse bum a 6 year 7m deal.

I don't even dislike Dubas. I just hate this cult what is made around him. His BFF Mirtle, Siegel and others. They don't have any shame.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You can tear apart "moral victories", particularly when it comes to Boston, but for the most part I loved our game.

That was the "heaviest" we've played, our jam was fantastic. The Kadri line was buzzing all night, down low winning battles, great compete. AJ with eye popping tenacity, that was his best game of the season for me, that's playoff hockey. The Tavares line played well. Hutch was fine, he held firm at the beginning when we were a mess and actually made some good saves, last goal a slight odour. Dermott was fantastic, so smart in tight quarters, again playofff hockey.

We failed because we lost a man here and there and we missed scoring opportunities. Gards and Zaitsev were a nightmare, that's fair criticism. Apart from that, the way we played actually excited me, and showed we can play a tougher style. We lost the battle, but I feel better about the war.

Back to the sky is falling....

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Around 7-8mil at max. He just came off a 69pts season.
Looking back, I think most would agree that he is a better player than Willie by a little bit, and in terms of price range it is around 1 mil more than Willie. I think the general consensus was Matthews at 10-10.5 mil, Marner at 6.5-7mil and Willie at 6-6.5mil. Those will be ideal and fair numbers for both sides.
Individual scoring is up this season should also plays a factor in contracts this summer, since I think it had more to do with Goalies having smaller equipment than players just got better offensively and got worst defensively. I am not saying 90pts this season is 75pts last season but to say that all of a sudden players are scoring more bc players are just better is a stretch.
He was at a 1.13 ppg streak after last january with a year left to prove himself. He already has hit over 90 pts in 82 regular season games a few weeks ago, btw. There was plenty of evidence he could hit top league numbers but because of a fiscal cherrypick of data, you would have home turn a blind eye and give away a season to prove himself. Trends matter and only a fool would feel that he would be held to below 80 points this year.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kyle "millennial reporters dream" Dubas handed a lot worse bum a 6 year 7m deal.

I don't even dislike Dubas. I just hate this cult what is made around him. His BFF Mirtle, Siegel and others. They don't have any shame.
Zaitsev has been horrible for 1 and a half years, Nylander has been bad for 16 games.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Lou ****in handed this dude a 7 year 4m+ contract after one decent season because he was used on the top PP. ****in ridiculous.

Zaitsev has been a better player for us than Nylnader has been this season...

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We litterally have the worst fanbase on this site. Some of you should join some of the Canucks and Oilers fans on here, and start a forum where you all just ***** with each other all day.

There's a reason I completely avoid this entire site after a loss for a day or 2 or until our next game.

:thumbu:

Which is softer when it comes to handling adversity?
  1. The Leafs
  2. The HF Leafs Board

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
You can tear apart "moral victories", particularly when it comes to Boston, but for the most part I loved our game.

That was the "heaviest" we've played, our jam was fantastic. The Kadri line was buzzing all night, down low winning battles, great compete. AJ with eye popping tenacity, that was his best game of the season for me, that's playoff hockey. The Tavares line played well. Hutch was fine, he held firm at the beginning when we were a mess and actually made some good saves, last goal a slight odour. Dermott was fantastic, so smart in tight quarters, again playofff hockey.

We failed because we lost a man here and there and we missed scoring opportunities. Gards and Zaitsev were a nightmare, that's fair criticism. Apart from that, the way we played actually excited me, and showed we can play a tougher style. We lost the battle, but I feel better about the war.

Thank you for the rational post.

I usually have enoigh common sense to avoid this place after a loss.

Reactions: AreBe

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
DUDE!!! what do you want me to say?

I was 100% in the camp of, we can make this all work and fit , till kipper came out with this insane ,,,,,,,,,,,,9 million dollar demand after a 69 point season for marner.

To be utterly and completely honest , now i understand why soooo many pundits have been posting these huge numbers for MM/AM , they knew stuff we have never heard. I also kinda now get why willy demanded what he did, if marner is demanding 9m after a 69p,willy is fair to ask 8m.

and the ONLY thing i can figure out is this

these contract demands from the agents have absolutely nothing to do with their market comparables BUt they have everything to do with their value to the leagues most profitable franchise.

They are basing their worth against whats us fans/corporations put into this franchise.

If money means more to these guys than playing and winning together then one or two of them are going to have to be moved because JT is here to stay. If I am Dubas I am waiting for another team to sign their RFA and hope the Matthews and Marner camps are reasonable. Kipper did say a week or so ago that the Leafs are going to try and sell Mitch on being the local boy who becomes a Leaf for life and benefiting like players such as Wendel, Gilmour, Sitler, Bower etc.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

That was pretty much my takeaway as well. I'm rather surprised (not) at the some of the reactions to the game.

Reactions: DarkKnight

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We would’ve won with Fred in net

I am in no way pinning the loss on Hutch.....but if Rask was in the Toronto net and Hutch was in the Boston net, what do people think the outcome would have been?

(read the 1st 10 words again)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Based on Zaitsev being one of our best players defensively, and Nylander not producing despite being our 2nd highest paid player.
Still has a negative CF% and goal differential for 5 on 5 this year.

Meanwhile Nylander has the best CF% on the team but lowest PDO.

Reactions: 1specter

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I am in no way pinning the loss on Hutch.....but if Rask was in the Toronto net and Hutch was in the Boston net, what do people think the outcome would have been?

(read the 1st 10 words again)
The game would have been over much earlier with Sparks in net. We actually had a chance late in the 3rd with Rask playing fantastic. That is all that matters to me, we have someone better than Sparks as backup.

Reactions: DarkKnight

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The Leafs played well last night, they didn't get the breaks, for most of the game, they were the stronger team.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I’m tired of the Willy excuses

Sign him for more than his comparables and the Willy fanboys try to make you believe he was signed for his future 80 to 90 point seasons

Returns and looks like dog crap

Willy fanboys He’s not up to speed. Give him time to get going

After 18 games still playing like dog crap.

Willy fanboys but our corsi is now better with him in the lineup.

Against Boston still playing like crap.

Willy fanboys it’s kadri and Marleau fault. He should be with matthews

Willy fanboys as long as he is ready for the playoffs

Ulf it’s ok to write this season off for Willy.

He is what he is. An overpaid 20 goal 60 point player. Dubas stuck out on this one bad.
who is EDITOR IN LEAF?you Google leads and he comes up spinning nylander like he's his dad or something

Zack47

Oct 21, 2017
Let's just face some things, like this: there are three defensemen on this team that are weak links -- Zaitsev, Gardiner, and Hainsey. Meanwhile, we keep signing forwards, have a surplus of talent there, and no one seems to want to say out loud that we just need one, two, or more seriously tough defensemen. I didn't used to think this; I do now. I always thought Nylander was a me-first guy, before this nonsense. Trade him and Gardiner for one very good defensemen and a real prospect. Now. Something has to change soon, because this team is not looking like a playoff team at all. We can parse the details here all you want, the little things like Matthew's backhand, but the truth is there is something more fundamental that is not right. I am tired of the problems Gardiner causes. Zatsev too. A very weak pair. Ozhaganov is a pleasant surprise -- very steady. Keep him....

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
If money means more to these guys than playing and winning together then one or two of them are going to have to be moved because JT is here to stay. If I am Dubas I am waiting for another team to sign their RFA and hope the Matthews and Marner camps are reasonable. Kipper did say a week or so ago that the Leafs are going to try and sell Mitch on being the local boy who becomes a Leaf for life and benefiting like players such as Wendel, Gilmour, Sitler, Bower etc.

right now JT and mariner are most important

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

You honestly think Nylander is worse than Zaitsev? Maybe take a break from this board for a bit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad