Post-Game Talk: Not good enough Bruins win 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
That's fair about the Marner thing.

As of today, I really think Willie will be gone by July 1st. As much as I am a Willie fanboy, he really need to start picking up or start packing.
The thing is, if Willie actually have a strong last month of play and lead to a strong playoff(dare I say Conn Smythe contention). While Marner is reportedly asking for 9mil or more. I think most of this board will say lets trade Marner or lets get 4 1sts for him, unless he actually wins Conn Smythe. Then the question will be do we resign Marner or Matthews?

marner was asking for 9m after a 69p season,,it will be 11m min if he hits 100p , they will keep matty at "what ever his demands are"

Melander will be the one shipped out, he won't earn his 10 million he fought for this season, sorry, thats on him, you make high demands, you need to produce.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They wouldn’t need to sign JT so why would they. My question was an honest one because right now I don’t see how they can justify paying Marner less than Matthews.
My point is, no team in the Cap World can afford paying 3 players 10+mil each.
Since JT was signed last summer, you can't trade him.
If it is between Marner and Matthews, quite honestly, the differences between them must be huge like Marner and Kadri in order to justify keeping Marner and letting go Matthews.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
marner was asking for 9m after a 69p season,,it will be 11m min if he hits 100p , they will keep matty at "what ever his demands are"

Melander will be the one shipped out, he won't earn his 10 million he fought for this season, sorry, thats on him, you make high demands, you need to produce.
I agree with you, as of today, I think Willie is the odd man out.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What's "this"? If you are referring (quite smugly, I might add) to the entire loss, then no. I wouldn't put that entirely on one player, though Zaitsev had a particularly sub-par game. With Andersen, I'd think at least two of the Bruins goals is likely prevented.

But here's some perspective buddy: There's a systemic problem with three right side defencemen who can't make outlet passes, which Boston in particular has been exploiting since the playoffs.

And watching Zaitsev look off clearly open outlet passes to instead throw the puck back to Gardiner, like *every time*, is funny because of how predictable it is.

i'm not your buddy' guy

NZ is stuck trying to carry the defencive end of that black hole known as JG , at a 4.5m cap hit i do not expect him to carry a guy who is going to walk from us because he wants 6m+.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
'Nikita Zaitsev was still wearing the frustration of a loss, but was also reasonably confident there was nothing he could have done differently to prevent the Bruins’ go-ahead goal, and eventual game-winner, late in the second period Saturday night.

“It happens once — maybe, once a year,” said Zaitsev, wearing a navy Maple Leafs hoodie in a corner of the team’s dressing room after the 3-2 defeat, the third in four games against Boston this season.'

No actually Nikita, your shitty passes in your own zone lead to giveaways several times each game.

It's actually a miracle how good the Leafs are with how terrible the right side D are.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
we were the better team.

hutch sucked but hey I don't know that Andy woulda been any better.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Just finished watching the game and I'd write more later but all I wanna say for now is JAKE GARDINER f***ING SUCKS.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
we were the better team.

hutch sucked but hey I don't know that Andy woulda been any better.

If you watch last years Playoffs and the Bruin games this season. All the goals are pretty similar. Its always a defensive lapse/gaff or a complete panicy play.

If you have the footage/replays youll see what I mean.

Freddy In net wouldve been the same based on how its always a gifted goal for the bruins.

The odds are better but the Bruins slice our D and make JG and NZ shit and piss scared.

Just finished watching the game and I'd write more later but all I wanna say for now is JAKE GARDINER ****ING SUCKS.

Hes part of that JVR,Bozak weak D coverage crew. Hes gotta go.

Everyone on here can almost bet in the playoffs another huge gaff is coming our way.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
We won against them during the regular season last year, no problem.
Auston Matthews needs to step up though ...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just finished watching the game and I'd write more later but all I wanna say for now is JAKE GARDINER ****ING SUCKS.

If Gardiner ******* sucks what does that make his partner exactly? A smoking crater?

Gardiner may do some stupid **** but at least he's adding to the team offensively, Zaitsev has no offensive game whatsoever and can't defend to save his life

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
'Nikita Zaitsev was still wearing the frustration of a loss, but was also reasonably confident there was nothing he could have done differently to prevent the Bruins’ go-ahead goal, and eventual game-winner, late in the second period Saturday night.

“It happens once — maybe, once a year,” said Zaitsev, wearing a navy Maple Leafs hoodie in a corner of the team’s dressing room after the 3-2 defeat, the third in four games against Boston this season.'

No actually Nikita, your ****ty passes in your own zone lead to giveaways several times each game.

It's actually a miracle how good the Leafs are with how terrible the right side D are.

one day you will grow up and learn hockey

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Why are people freaking out? The Leafs outplayed the Bruins with their 3rd string goalie in net.

Leafs CAN NOT beat Boston in a 7 game series, with Anderson or not. Its the D-core, who cant out muscle anyone down low or put together smart short passes to create zone exits. Boston can flip the switch and start playing a heavy game, cycle game and Toronto has no answers. Toronto D-core has been too soft for years and if Dubas doesnt make a move to improve it, its another year wasted. Toronto will get beatin in the playoffs due being trapped in there own zone and have no way to get the puck out. If they get the puck out its off the boards to the opposing D-man at center ice who shoots it back in and starts the wearing down process again and again until a goal is scored. The Bruins played not even close to there best game tonight in the Leafs barn and won. Season series is 3-1 Boston. First round exit seems in the cards.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Marleau needs to retire already. Dumbasses will bring up the fact that he is a future HOFer like past productions means anything now.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Why are people freaking out? The Leafs outplayed the Bruins with their 3rd string goalie in net.

It's Boston man you know it's going to be hot take city on here

Like jaKe gUrdnEr lOSt thE gAMe

Meanwhile he whiffed on a pass and got 2v1ed in the corner while the rest of the team was already blowing the zone. Coulda been better sure but it's a whiffed pass, those happen 15 times per game. It's not like he passed it to Kuraly or got stripped being too fancy in the neutral zone. Weird hill to die on.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
So many more terrible takes these days...

What "terrible takes" are you referring to? Saying that the Bruins would beat this current Leafs team in a 7 game playoff series?

That's not a hot take amigo. That's a 100% fact and anybody who thinks otherwise needs to make an appointment with an optometrist ASAP!!!

Reactions: ZippityDooDa

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
What "terrible takes" are you referring to? Saying that the Bruins would beat this current Leafs team in a 7 game playoff series?

That's not a hot take amigo. That's a 100% fact and anybody who thinks otherwise needs to make an appointment with an optometrist ASAP!!!
Woah, the classic hot take on a hot take! Well done son.

Reactions: egd27 and 7even

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
After a night sleeping im still annoyed buy not angry. If Freddy was in we likely win. Overall it was a well played game.

Move on. After the season series with them were still ahead in the standings and thats what matters.

Reactions: Notsince67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad