Post-Game Talk: Not even zebra charity can help that bunch, Pens-6, Islanders -more than they earned

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If Bennett is injury prone then every single person on this roster who has ever had an injury is as well.

Seriously. I have to really think twice about taking peoples posts seriously from here on out who post crap like that. Its intellectually insulting.

Michael8771*

You can say that about every player in the league. Just because he's had flukey injuries doesn't mean more will occur. He's had the same number of injuries as both Malkin and Neal this year. I don't hear the same criticisms of them.
Geno is injury prone, I said so earlier. Neal to a much lesser extent.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
If a skate cut his wrist or something broke from blocking a shot would you consider him injury prone then?

No. If he was injured for EVERY SINGLE SEASON he's been in the NHL, would you finally call him injury prone?

What season did BB not have a significant injury? I wish it was easier to get his game% he's played in, but between the AHL/NHL splits and WCHA not having a strict schedule length, it's hard to even figure out how many games he has missed.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Hey Madden, I know for a fact you read these boards.

Anyone who calls themselves "Super Genius" is like a girl that has to say "I'm super hot". It means you're not.

If you stopped eating hot dogs and RT'ing naked pics of 18 year olds, you'd understand the nuances of the sport a little better.

I bet heartattackwaitingtohappen thought Orpik was awesome.

Not sure where this came from, but favorite post in the thread

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Geno is injury prone, I said so earlier. Neal to a much lesser extent.

Why is Neal only to a lesser extent if your judgement for calling someone injury prone is solely based off of number of injuries?

No. If he was injured for EVERY SINGLE SEASON he's been in the NHL, would you finally call him injury prone?

What season did BB not have a significant injury? I wish it was easier to get his game% he's played in, but between the AHL/NHL splits and WCHA not having a strict schedule length, it's hard to even figure out how many games he has missed.

He's been in the NHL for two years. Last year he did not have an injury while in the NHL.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Seriously. I have to really think twice about taking peoples posts seriously from here on out who post crap like that. Its intellectually insulting.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Try not to let discussions on a message board affect you so much, bud. ;)

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Try not to let discussions on a message board affect you so much, bud. ;)

It doesn't bother me. I just hate seeing posters I normally respect saying things that are completely baseless and false. I had though those people to be rational for the most part, and I'm finding out that's not the case. No skin off my back. I'll just view them differently from here on out.

Its like somebody is arguing the sky is bright green, when its clearly not, and they say agree to disagree. I mean how... I'm not getting infractrd again. They are just wrong. If they want to be wrong then fine by me.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
What was with Letang's "Murphy dumps" everytime he touched the puck last night? Was I the only one that noticed him doing that 5 times despite having open outlet options on a couple of them?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Injury prone is an ambiguous phrase. In my opinion, and here's where the disconnect seems to be, a guy who is out of the lineup as often as Bennett is, is injury prone. It's not some egregious mark against him as a player, just an observation. I'm sorry if you disagree and find me to be some sort of simpleton because of it, but it is what it is.

Hell, it could be argued that there's only a handful of players on this team who aren't injury prone with the way things have gone since the Cup run. We always have the most man-games lost due to injury, and it's always hugely impactful players.

Again, I apologize if you've suddenly lost all respect for me or think I'm some sort of idiot because I have an opinion that differs from yours, but you're welcome to put me on ignore. Sorry, man.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
No, but actually having an injury counts.

I don't think he was actually injured that game. That was the game against Ottawa where everyone was afraid of retribution for the Cooke incident. Half our team didn't play. He was probably a little beat up, but my bet is he would have played against any other team that night.

Edit: Yepp. Letang had "food poisoning" that night. Here's the thread from when we were discussing it. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1404377&page=15

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Injury prone is an ambiguous phrase. In my opinion, and here's where the disconnect seems to be, a guy who is out of the lineup as often as Bennett is, is injury prone. It's not some egregious mark against him as a player, just an observation. I'm sorry if you disagree and find me to be some sort of simpleton because of it, but it is what it is.

Hell, it could be argued that there's only a handful of players on this team who aren't injury prone with the way things have gone since the Cup run. We always have the most man-games lost due to injury, and it's always hugely impactful players.

Again, I apologize if you've suddenly lost all respect for me or think I'm some sort of idiot because I have an opinion that differs from yours, but you're welcome to put me on ignore. Sorry, man.

I didn't say I lost all respect so get over yourself. I just can't believe a rational thinking person uses that extremely broad definition for injury prone. Just about every player in the NHL is injury prone by that definition because tons of guys miss games every single season for one reason or another. That's hockey. You're going to get hurt. The things he's getting hurt from aren't things that you can point to and say he's fragile. Blocking a shot, catching a rut, getting cut by a skate. Those can happen to even the toughest iromen in the league. Call it bad luck if you must, but using the phrase injury prone is intellectually disingenuous.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I've figured it out. It's a statistic being used without context. Stating the number of injuries or the number of games missed without accounting for anything else. Like how they were injured, what type of injury, the team situation, etc.

Michael8771*

I think there are posters here who have to pick a part a term to the point of attempting to alter it's true meaning. Regardless of the reason, the guy is continually missing games to due one injury or another. When a player constantly misses games due to injury they are considered injury prone. Maybe some of you need to have better comprehension skills. It's not that difficult to understand. Really it isn't. You can say he's had bad luck or is ''accident'' prone, but that doesn't change the fact he's missed quite a number of games to injury. The term ''injury prone'' is very apt here, learn to embrace it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I didn't say I lost all respect so get over yourself. I just can't believe a rational thinking person uses that extremely broad definition for injury prone. Just about every player in the NHL is injury prone by that definition because tons of guys miss games every single season for one reason or another. That's hockey. You're going to get hurt. The things he's getting hurt from aren't things that you can point to and say he's fragile. Blocking a shot, catching a rut, getting cut by a skate. Those can happen to even the toughest iromen in the league. Call it bad luck if you must, but using the phrase injury prone is intellectually disingenuous.

Okay, you're definitely letting it affect you. :laugh: Have a good one, dude. I'll see myself out.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think there are posters here who have to pick a part a term to the point of attempting to alter it's true meaning. Regardless of the reason, the guy is continually missing games to due one injury or another. When a player constantly misses games due to injury they are considered injury prone. Maybe some of you need to have better comprehension skills. It's not that difficult to understand. Really it isn't. You can say he's had bad luck or is ''accident'' prone, but that doesn't change the fact he's missed quite a number of games to injury. The term ''injury prone'' is very apt here, learn to embrace it!

I find it ironic that you are the one using the "comprehension skills" criticism in this situation :laugh:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Most people anywhere dont use it that way at all. A guy like Crosby isnt generally considered injury prone because while he did miss a lot of time due to injuries they were freak unlucky type of injuries. A guy like Gaborik or Havlat who get injuries consistantly are usually considered injury prone. You are using a term people generally use as a measure of likeliness to get injured and braodly applying it to anyone who gets injured from time to time.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

If you assert your misunderstanding of the phrase as fact one more time everyone will agree with you.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

If you get hit with lightning twice whilst having your morning coffee, then you must be lightning prone.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Washington is now 13th in the Eastern Conference. They come out of the Olympic break with this schedule:

Boston
Philly
Philly
Boston
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Vancouver
Toronto
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Los Angeles
Boston

Good luck with that.

Heheh. They're royally ****ed. It's hard to believe the NHL considered that a "fair schedule" to finish the season. Boston x3, LA x2, Van, SJ, ANA? Us twice? Almost like they wanted them to finish with a thud. I suspect that Washington may be tanking at this point anyway, looking for the early draft pick. They're not that good of a team but they should be better than their record indicates, in this POS division. That's for sure. Most logical answer: they've thrown in the towel.

Soooo... anyone like to tell me how this game differed greatly from last years playoff matchup? Im not encouraged when the score is 6-4 but several other key saves or breakups kept it from 8-7 either way... I still don't think we have a complete Stanley cup Contender here in Pittsburgh yet...

You're just figuring this out now? Because we gave up a bunch of goals in a Islanders game? We give up a bunch of goals almost *every* Islanders game. So do they. Both teams apparently bring out the worst in other's defense. :laugh: I like Islander games. They're entertaining if nothing else.

A big minus to Pierre. He raved about Craig Adams all night and it was really annoying. "Oh no, this is really bad news for Pittsburgh, Craig Adams goes down"..."Craig Adams is a warrior. So underrated, what a player".

Agree, but a big + to the PBP guy. Enjoyed listening to him way more than Emrick and I hope he calls a bunch of the games in Sochi. If I have to listen to Emrick every game I'm going to lose my gourd.

What was with Letang's "Murphy dumps" everytime he touched the puck last night? Was I the only one that noticed him doing that 5 times despite having open outlet options on a couple of them?

Maybe he had a heart-to-heart with Bob Errey before the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad