Post-Game Talk: Not even zebra charity can help that bunch, Pens-6, Islanders -more than they earned

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Ref charity? Please.

Great game guys, Crosby is absolutely outstanding and Kunitz doesn't get enough respect on this site.

Very fun game, some excellent defensive play by Orpik and Malkin (of all people) saved some tap in goals.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What a mess in our own zone.

These guys should be working on transition when you get pucks, breakouts, D to D plays to aleeve pressure. EVERYTHING should be practiced from the goal line to the red line and NOTHING past that.
Get it to-freaking-gether.

Drill it like the freakin' Red Army would.

I'll just go with bottom 6 guys that looked noticeable tonight:

Pluses to Pyatt and Megna.
Adams was good on the PK's.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
"Adiós, refs. But if you do come back, you'll be pushing up daisies!"

They couldn't have been more obvious in their motives tonight in the 3rd. Props to Zatkoff for that huge 5 on 3 save.

Maatta was outstanding, Crosby and Malkin both had very good games as well.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Hey Madden, I know for a fact you read these boards.

Anyone who calls themselves "Super Genius" is like a girl that has to say "I'm super hot". It means you're not.

If you stopped eating hot dogs and RT'ing naked pics of 18 year olds, you'd understand the nuances of the sport a little better.

I bet heartattackwaitingtohappen thought Orpik was awesome.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ref charity? Please.

Great game guys, Crosby is absolutely outstanding and Kunitz doesn't get enough respect on this site.

Very fun game, some excellent defensive play by Orpik and Malkin (of all people) saved some tap in goals.

It's only ref charity when the calls go the other way, then we get to hear a bunch of whining and excuses.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ref charity? Please.

These guys don't understand they do more good than bad, nor do they say a word when they do good work.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Ref charity? Please.

I'm sorry man, but that was literally a rule change before our eyes. There was NOTHING to go upstairs to.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sid had a great game. Destroyed on face offs too. Great to see him bounce back in a big way.

Michael8771*

Zatkoff made the big save when the game hung in the balance. Good job by him there.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Orpik was horrible. The last 2 Isles goals were directly his fault.

And those 2 penalties were phantom calls. Completely bogus.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Sid had a great game. Destroyed on face offs too. Great to see him bounce back in a big way.

Yeah. I'm convinced he's picking and choosing which games he's going to go all out. I actually can't say I blame him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

As much as it pains this team to trade in-Division... something that would never be done under most any circumstance... the Penguins might reluctantly be willing to part with Orpik to the Islanders. I would even be willing to bet the price wouldn't be too steep!

Think if all that veteranphysicalexperience on your blueline! Your team's defensive woes would be instantly solved!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad