Rumor: NOT AGAIN Carbo met with Habs Management?

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
...that's not what I said...the Francophone coach has to be available, as in not working for someone else right now...so name a few besides Boucher...

Well all I said was that surely there are good French speaking coaches available. You seemed to disagree. I'm not going to research all the possible French speaking coaches in the world but I'm guessing one could be found.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
1- Having Carbonneau replace Lefebvre wouldn't bother me
2- Having Carbonneau taking an Assistant job wouldn't bother me

But Marc Bergevin, this where NHL coaches goes to die....this is not where you'll find good coaches:

DSC_7050_petit.jpg

Except for Chantal, I'd totally take her as a coach.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well all I said was that surely there are good French speaking coaches available. You seemed to disagree. I'm not going to research all the possible French speaking coaches in the world but I'm guessing one could be found.

...I didn't disagree at all, reread what I said...name a couple besides Boucher who are available...it's pretty straight forward...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

They can pick the best bilingual coach possible. Or they can widen the pool... Or Bergevin could just pick again from the pool of worst available bilingual coaches possible. Now that number 1, Therrien, is scratched, what can be the second biggest troll job Bergevin could do? Pierre Pagé maybe? Lefebvre?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They can pick the best bilingual coach possible. Or they can widen the pool... Or Bergevin could jusi pick again from the pool of worst available bilingual coaches possible. Now that number 1, Therrien, is scratched, what can be the second biggest troll job Bergevin could do? Pierre Pagé maybe? Lefebvre?

Jean Perron.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are you second guessing?!

Man. That's never gonna get old. :laugh:

Yeah, that language advisory is really working. :sarcasm:

Where was the political forum again? Anyone have a link? People seem to need an outlet, they may want to take up their arguments there.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
...I didn't disagree at all, reread what I said...name a couple besides Boucher who are available...it's pretty straight forward...

You name a couple that are not available. Just kidding. The fact that I don't know who's available or not is not relevant - unless you think I'm somehow an expert on that subject. All I said was that, in all the world there must be a French speaking hockey coach that is good. Since you don't disagree, I wonder what it is that we are debating.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You name a couple that are not available. Just kidding. The fact that I don't know who's available or not is not relevant - unless you think I'm somehow an expert on that subject. All I said was that, in all the world there must be a French speaking hockey coach that is good. Since you don't disagree, I wonder what it is that we are debating.

...that the best coaches, whether they're Franco, Anglo, Russian, Sri Lankan, or whatever, are not available right now...Boucher's available...Carlyle's available...who else??...Carlyle's not bilingual, so that leaves Boucher...so the only viable coach left is Boucher...if not him, we're not getting much in the lines of coaching, aka another Therrien...we don't need that...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
...that the best coaches, whether they're Franco, Anglo, Russian, Sri Lankan, or whatever, are not available right now...Boucher's available...Carlyle's available...who else??...Carlyle's not bilingual, so that leaves Boucher...so the only viable coach left is Boucher...if not him, we're not getting much in the lines of coaching, aka another Therrien...we don't need that...

Unfortunately, for Bergevin opening the pool to all non-bilingual coaches probably means going from Pagé, Therrien, Lefebvre to Eakins, Lewis or Milbury.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
u dont rispek me i dont rispek you

That 2nd pic never happened, it's shooped. As most of us know all too well, he did give the finger to a Journal de Montreal photographer at some golf course, in 1994:

La photo du doigt d'honneur fait par Carbonneau avait été captée au Club de golf Rosemère, trois jours après l'élimination du Canadien aux mains des Bruins de Boston en 1994. Carbonneau était accompagné de Patrick Roy et de Vincent Damphousse.

L'histoire avait fait tout un boucan. Carbonneau avait été descendu en flammes par plusieurs journalistes et amateurs.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Unfortunately, for Bergevin opening the pool to all non-bilingual coaches probably means going from Pagé, Therrien, Lefebvre to Eakins, Lewis or Milbury.

...good point...although I do think Dallas Eakins got his ego handed to him and eventually will make a good NHL coach...eventually...

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Well if Carbo takes the reigns those of us who have wondered what PK would look like up front will get an answer...

And maybe 4 or 5 other D as well...

In all seriousness... the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results... and often the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.... so why go there.

I could see it if Carbo had coached again somewhere and shown improvement but I don't see that.

Can't see it happening... and if it does that's some odd decision making... "screw the evidence; I have a gut feeling Carbo will right the ship".

OK, I'm not a fan of Carbo coming back but could we allow that he may have learned from his mistakes. The positives
He'd likely get the PP working again, which is likely our biggest/ most annoying flaw.
He'd likely put DD where he belongs, on the 3rd line
He'd likely bring up John Scott and use him appropriately
He was one of the first coaches to advocate the stretch pass that Chicago uses so effectively, but we didn't have the skillset on D to use it on v 1.0. Subban, Beaulieu, Markov and Barberio will love it.
He's a former captain who might be able to mentor Patches into the role
The only one available who might remember what it felt like to win
He'll unleash Galchenyuk and Subban

The negatives
He's "old school" and his tactics will fade fast if there is no success
our goals against 5 on 5 will go up.
He won't roll 4 lines, and tire his horses out
I'll have to read post after post of how he either screwed the team or the tank up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So which of their 150 couch fillers takes Carbo's role on AC, if he joins the coaching staff?

Can you imagine what it's going to be like on AC every night? On second thought, it'll look a lot like now, except the hosts will have an additional friend to root for.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
So the impression I am getting is that it is more important to have a French speaking coach so that he can communicate with the media than it is to have a coach who can communicate with the players. How has that worked so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00