Pre-Game Talk: Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Why, really? Halpern was a non-factor down the stretch.

But White's been a negative factor more often than not this season, and Halpern is far superior on the PK and in his own zone. Can't say I agree with it either. They could've replaced White with Moen.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Why, really? Halpern was a non-factor down the stretch.

...as opposed to White, the positive factor? White has either been a non-factor or a detriment, so I don't see how one can make that argument.

I prefer Halpern's experience and the fact that I don't have to worry about him possibly costing his team the game as soon as Chris Neil looks at him the wrong way.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
...as opposed to White, the positive factor? White has either been a non-factor or a detriment, so I don't see how one can make that argument.

I prefer Halpern's experience and the fact that I don't have to worry about him possibly costing his team the game as soon as Chris Neil looks at him the wrong way.

Plus, Halpern's FO specialty is a MUST in the playoffs when the game is on the line and we NEED to win that FO. I'd much rather have Halpern in my toolbox than White at this point.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Plus, Halpern's FO specialty is a MUST in the playoffs when the game is on the line and we NEED to win that FO. I'd much rather have Halpern in my toolbox than White at this point.

I thought about that, but White's been good on faceoffs too this year, so I can't pick one over the other for that reason. I actually checked the stats and Halpern is only ahead of White by 2%. It's a difference, but not a monstrous one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
erik-karlsson-wife-therese-6.jpg

How can I not hate this DB ? Let's make him look like a fool. UNLEASH THE SMURFS.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
erik-karlsson-wife-therese-6.jpg

How can I not hate this DB ? Let's make him look like a fool. UNLEASH THE SMURFS.

So he's with a couple of nice-looking women? Big deal. Sorry, I just don't get the Sena-hate. Sure, Karlsson's name has been all over this board like a case of head-lice, but it's no different than the endless threads about dozens of other top players, including Habs. I'll hate the guy when he does something hateful; until then I plan to enjoy watching him play. As to the Ottawa fans, they seem like slightly milder, less emotional versions of us. I'm not getting a hate vibe and don't see the point in lobbing a hate vibe back at them. I'm too old for that sh**.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Being a close follower of the Bulldogs over the past few years I always walked away impressed with Ryan White. Once he got the call to the NHL he did not continue to improve and grow into his NHL role. He had a tough year but what I will say is last Saturday Ryan White played his best game ever in the NHL. I will go out on a limb and say that he can be a huge asset in this series. It is time he grabs and holds onto the 4th line center spot. I like the kid.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
So he's with a couple of nice-looking women? Big deal. Sorry, I just don't get the Sena-hate. Sure, Karlsson's name has been all over this board like a case of head-lice, but it's no different than the endless threads about dozens of other top players, including Habs. I'll hate the guy when he does something hateful; until then I plan to enjoy watching him play. As to the Ottawa fans, they seem like slightly milder, less emotional versions of us. I'm not getting a hate vibe and don't see the point in lobbing a hate vibe back at them. I'm too old for that sh**.

That's because you don't work with them :)

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com

The DB effect isn't because of the women... it's the yankees hat and the mafia tshirt..... DB uniform right there.. I apologize in advance to anyone with a Don Corleone tshirt... but trust me.. you gotta earn the right to put yourself in the same league as DON CORLEONE man.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I think Ryan White is going to be great this series, he's made for these types of games and loves being a Hab. Huge heart and is being shown some confidence, I think he'll respond with doing a great job in his role.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The DB effect isn't because of the women... it's the yankees hat and the mafia tshirt..... DB uniform right there.. I apologize in advance to anyone with a Don Corleone tshirt... but trust me.. you gotta earn the right to put yourself in the same league as DON CORLEONE man.

I guess Quebec politicians get one when they get voted into office? :naughty:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I guess Quebec politicians get one when they get voted into office? :naughty:

Yaddy yaddy yadda, glass houses and all that jazz. :laugh:

However it would be an epic showdown, to see who wastes more of the taxpayers money. I think Ottawa gets the edge, they are federal after all. For all the corruption Quebec puts forth, they're only provincial, heh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad