Pre-Game Talk: Northeast Champions!! Bring on the Sens!!

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
How do you get banned?

two of our own? How do we bring them back?

Is it because they were acting like goons on the ottawa board?

I've gooned it up there a couple times. Can you still see the posts just not post when you're banned?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Fourth line will have White, Prust and Moen in it per RDS. Therrien wants to put a huge emphasis on the contribution of his 4th liners. Time for Moen to shine.

What's this obsession with the 4th line? Are we going to give them 20 min. of ice time? Habs should roll with 3 lines if the games are tight.

Unless somebody goes on an insane scoring streak, Plekanek will be the Habs most important forward. And Subban should play 30 min. per game. These will be the keys to success.

But yeah, right, we should put a huge emphasis on the 4th line... :shakehead

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
How do you get banned?

I've gooned it up there a couple times. Can you still see the posts just not post when you're banned?

Well if you read the site rules you stay away from other teams boards, especially if all you're going to do is go argue. No point do it on your own board. You're giving 4 infractions if I remember correctly before being banned so if you don't get it the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time there is a problem

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm pumped for tonight. They need to crash the net early and get into Anderson's head. Two early goals would be ideal, but as long as they don't play the Sens game and play their own, aggressive offense and getting to the tough areas, we'll be fine. We need to break through their defense.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ie. think the Habs could be in for a rude awakening tomorrow. Sens will win this in 5. MAYBE six. Huge Habs fan, but out defensive corps is too small and feeble. This is not the time yet.

Yeah but we can't score. It takes an awful lot of hard work for our team to get 2 goals. It means we have to be defensively perfect and Anderson has to not let in more than 1 goal. The 9 games Andy lost in regulation he got 10 goals in those 9 games. 10. We don't and cannot score. If we had Spezza I truly think that we could challenge anyone in the East. Without him and a 75% Karlsson, we don't have the offense.

Unless Price ***** the bed we are out in 5. We are both quite negative aren't we:laugh:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What's this obsession with the 4th line? Are we going to give them 20 min. of ice time? Habs should roll with 3 lines if the games are tight.

Unless somebody goes on an insane scoring streak, Plekanek will be the Habs most important forward. And Subban should play 30 min. per game. These will be the keys to success.

But yeah, right, we should put a huge emphasis on the 4th line... :shakehead

Every line counts in the playoffs. You want the fourth to either create immense pressure with physical play like the Blues or you set it up so it's a solidly defensive line that can hit.

Habtchum*

Habs have tons of 4th liners to chose from.

Therrien is right to start with Prust-White and Moen. But beside Prust he can almost change in every game with Halpern, Armstrong,Dumont,Blunden, Leblanc, and Bournival in standby.

Yes. 4th liners are important during Playoffs.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
How do you get banned?

We have to sacrifice one of our own board members to get them back. I nominate patofqc

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Reminder:

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.
Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either.
Do not post on behalf of someone who's banned. That'll probably get you banned, too. The idea of being banned is that they're no longer a part of this online forum community and are no longer allowed to interact here. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention them in passing but no threads that focus on them. ("Ah, Troll du Jour, I miss him so!" or "Hey, it's Troll du Jour's birthday!") Prohibited threads include "What banned member do you miss/would you bring back?" type of threads. They're banned; don't give them that attention. If a moderator gives you specific instructions in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to being banned.

void

Jan 5, 2006

void

Jan 5, 2006
They just need to create a new account, no?

Yeah but if you become suspicious they'll do a search on your IP(s) to see if it matches with anyone who's been banned. Normally you don't even get in because mods have to pre-approve registrations anyway.

GUYS THE PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT OOMGOMOGMOGMOGMGOMGGMGOGMOGMGGGG

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Yeah but if you become suspicious they'll do a search on your IP(s) to see if it matches with anyone who's been banned. Normally you don't even get in because mods have to pre-approve registrations anyway.

GUYS THE PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT OOMGOMOGMOGMOGMGOMGGMGOGMOGMGGGG

Wow...it sucks man. Didn't know HF is working that way. I've been on another forum for like 5 years and everytime I get banned, I just need to create a new email and an account at the same time.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Every line counts in the playoffs. You want the fourth to either create immense pressure with physical play like the Blues or you set it up so it's a solidly defensive line that can hit.

Riiiight, they're going to create immense pressure for 5 min. a game...

I'd rather optimize the skill we put on the ice for the other 55 mins, but that's just me.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Riiiight, they're going to create immense pressure for 5 min. a game...

I'd rather optimize the skill we put on the ice for the other 55 mins, but that's just me.
Seems like you're still in the old days when 4th liners were just goons and couldn't play hockey. Not to mention you don't pay attention to the box scores, because 5 minutes is an entirely ficticious number and hasn't occured in a single game yet.

Most of the 4th line players playing in the playoffs play about 9-10 minutes a game, not 5, and some got 13 minutes. Also, not every 4th liner is a total incompetent like Colton Orr or Mclaren.

And for those 9-10 minutes, you want at the very least for them to play so that pucks are not being tossed into our net while they are on the ice. White is a shaky lineup choice over Halpern, but Prust and Moen can be effective defensive players who also contribute on the penalty kill.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Most of the 4th line players playing in the playoffs play about 9-10 minutes a game, not 5, and some got 13 minutes. Also, not every 4th liner is a total incompetent like Colton Orr or Mclaren.

Agreed, I did exaggerate a little bit in order to make my point, but still.

Just look at the Kings run last year, for example. The top 9 guys all played 13 mins. or more. The remaining forwards all played either less games, or much less ice time.

My point is: if the 5-10 mins. from our 4th line are soooo important to our success, we are in trouble.

Against Ottawa, it's going to be a matter of skill much more than intimidation or physical play.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Agreed, I did exaggerate a little bit in order to make my point, but still.

Just look at the Kings run last year, for example. The top 9 guys all played 13 mins. or more. The remaining forwards all played either less games, or much less ice time.

My point is: if the 5-10 mins. from our 4th line are soooo important to our success, we are in trouble.

Against Ottawa, it's going to be a matter of skill much more than intimidation or physical play.
Hmm, I don't see people talking about the 4th line as a centerpiece, but they are expected to contribute with a couple timely scores, not be a defensive liability, and if there are PKers on it, kill penalties. The hits are beneficial if it wears out the opposing player's stamina or helping us win puck battles.

I don't think any 4th line except Dinosaur Carlyle's is out there purely to indimidate.

Fraser-Nolan-Richardson was their 4th line, I believe. 8-9 minutes a game. And they did show up in a couple games with a couple timely points.

13 minutes or over should be expected from the top 9, barring injury or other circumstances. I see no team in these current playoffs bucking that trend. But so far, the teams have kept their top 9 player's minutes well-balanced for the most part; not too many forwards have not logged very many minutes over 20 minutes unless the game went to OT.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
I was a big proponent of Moen getting a contract extension after last season. His grit and leadership in the playoffs were too valuable to lose. He has been **** this year, and I kept telling myself that he will turn it on for the playoffs and come through for the faith i've put into him. It's now time to nut up or shut up. Moen don't fail me now, otherwise I won't be sorry to see you go come off-season.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I was a big proponent of Moen getting a contract extension after last season. His grit and leadership in the playoffs were too valuable to lose. He has been **** this year, and I kept telling myself that he will turn it on for the playoffs and come through for the faith i've put into him. It's now time to nut up or shut up. Moen don't fail me now, otherwise I won't be sorry to see you go come off-season.

If he doesn't step it up i wouldn't be against trading/waving/buying him out this summer. I like Moen but money the Habs gives him could be better spent elsewhere if he keep no showing

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wow...it sucks man. Didn't know HF is working that way. I've been on another forum for like 5 years and everytime I get banned, I just need to create a new email and an account at the same time.

I've been resurrected from the grave. For all the guys that make your blood boil on the sight, you just can't take it personal and if you need to vent, vent and immediately edit it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->