North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Couple of questions for those who were at the arena or have team knowledge:

Dawson Hettiarachchi scored 3 times and didn’t make it. What was the deciding factor in keeping Christian Stevens and David Campbell on the roster (for now) ahead of him?

It sounds like Mitch Russell did not play and I don’t recall a mention by the team. Does anyone know his status?

What did Cam Gauvreau (2019, 10th rd., 191 overall) show to make the cut (for now)?

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Whats the deal with preseason tickets? I heard they go on sale today.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
The battalion office sent an email with the link. It was pretty easy to order tickets.

Now we wait for the season ticket lottery.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
He will be back. He’s attending Tampa Bays camp.

This kid is going to open several eyes this year around the league.

Reactions: nelli27

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Forgot to mention that for what its worth, in the 3 training camps I watched, Ty Hollett looked like the best defenseman we have (assuming Winslow wouldve if there). He was big, and did everything well

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
Forgot to mention that for what its worth, in the 3 training camps I watched, Ty Hollett looked like the best defenseman we have (assuming Winslow wouldve if there). He was big, and did everything well

I agree with you. He looked great right before the season was shutdown. I believe he played overseas last year and he participated in that US prospect camp.

We have tons of D and we just signed 2 more. I enjoyed watching Simon Rose but I still believe he will be traded. Who needs an OA D?

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Didn’t play overseas, but did play in the PBHH tournament in Erie. Needs to work on skating and balance the physicality.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
We traded for Fantillis rights?? All conditional picks, interesting nonetheless.
Edit: 6th not conditional, other 4 picks conditional

Last edited:

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
The 6th isnt conditional, they gave that. But the other 4 are conditional
Ballsy move by Dennis and crew...*if* they can convince him to report (maybe next year?) could it be one of the biggest "steals" the OHL has seen? Come on - I bet not one of us here (myself included) thought getting Fantilli at all was going to be possible. Now we've got his rights.....I got to admit; the thought of Nelson and Fantilli on the same team (at some point) is intriguing...

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Ballsy move by Dennis and crew...*if* they can convince him to report (maybe next year?) could it be one of the biggest "steals" the OHL has seen? Come on - I bet not one of us here (myself included) thought getting Fantilli at all was going to be possible. Now we've got his rights.....I got to admit; the thought of Nelson and Fantilli on the same team (at some point) is intriguing...
Seems like brass figure next year will be a yea to seriously contend, seems that way for sure

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Yeah i'd say it's well worth a 6th round pick. No offence to NB but they're not LDN where you could be getting NHL quality guys with USA picks in the 6th round.

Maybe Fantilli goes to Michigan and hates it

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Yeah i'd say it's well worth a 6th round pick. No offence to NB but they're not LDN where you could be getting NHL quality guys with USA picks in the 6th round.

Maybe Fantilli goes to Michigan and hates it

Yeah a 6th in the grand scheme of things isn't much but I wouldn't bank on him going to Michigan and hating it. Currently it is the best place to develop outside of professional hockey. Michigan is going to be the class of the NHL draft for a number of years just like they where this year. Not to mention he wants to play with his brother who is also heading to Michigan.

But why not take a swing. Having players rights never hurt anyone. I'd love to see him end up in the OHL but it's a pipe dream at this point.

Roger le hare

May 28, 2021
He briefly played with Nelson and podolioukh before leaving for Kimball academy I believe winstanley may have been part of his move from the red wings to the Jr canadiens which may mean nothing but It can't hurt

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
He briefly played with Nelson and podolioukh before leaving for Kimball academy I believe winstanley may have been part of his move from the red wings to the Jr canadiens which may mean nothing but It can't hurt
meh, on the flip side he has his brother and new best bud Mcgroarty heading to Michigan - which has become the premier place to play if youre going college route..

Reactions: OHLFan90 and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad