North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
I asked when I renewed and I was told a decision is still being made. She did say 1000 people if approved starting with season ticket holders first. She said if we have more seasons tickets it will be based on seniority. Hope this helps.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
North bay will have 1000 people in stands. Season ticket holders first dibs. I thought thats what I read. Hope that more are allowed later.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
North bay will have 1000 people in stands. Season ticket holders first dibs. I thought thats what I read. Hope that more are allowed later.
That is the current provincial restriction. Once the vaccination thresholds are met, all indications are the capacity limits will be lifted. We aren't there yet so these organizations can't predict or advertise anything differently. I fully expect the local health units will maintain masking and screening requirements, it appears several teams have already started to organize what the screening requirements might be and requiring spectators to be fully vaccinated appears to be the most straight forward method for getting more spectators in the stands. Time will tell and each rink will likely have slightly different criteria.

Reactions: Olden

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
That is the current provincial restriction. Once the vaccination thresholds are met, all indications are the capacity limits will be lifted. We aren't there yet so these organizations can't predict or advertise anything differently. I fully expect the local health units will maintain masking and screening requirements, it appears several teams have already started to organize what the screening requirements might be and requiring spectators to be fully vaccinated appears to be the most straight forward method for getting more spectators in the stands. Time will tell and each rink will likely have slightly different criteria.

So, you're telling me that should the season ticket holders snap up *all* the tickets for a game, people like me who can only afford to go to a game here and there are out in the cold? I normally wouldn't complain, but that seems pretty shady, or at the very least, not totally fair.

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019
So, you're telling me that should the season ticket holders snap up *all* the tickets for a game, people like me who can only afford to go to a game here and there are out in the cold? I normally wouldn't complain, but that seems pretty shady, or at the very least, not totally fair.

It’s completely fair. The STH are the people who keep many of these teams afloat and make it viable for the occasional fan like you and I to attend a game here and there.

Last edited:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..maybe a no vacancy type of message on signboard out front at ex games/training camp/games??? to save stopping and trying the doors

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I am a bit confused regarding training camp fan access and maybe someone can clarify for me. In reading Pres. Mike on BayToday, it appears the arena will be virtually wide open. In the Nugget, the City seems to imply that attendance will restricted to 50, with no showers, spacing required and dressing rooms in the lobby. Are the 2 parties talking about the same thing?

Battalion excited to see fans back at training camp - North Bay News
City announces reopening dates for Memorial Gardens and West Ferris arenas | North Bay Nugget

(Apologies if the link thing doesn’t work, still working on tech skills).

In other news, if you haven`t had a Brandon Coe fix in a while, SJ Sharks rookie scrimmage takes place 10pm tonight, presume he will be in the lineup. It can be streamed through SJS website, appears to be legit and free.

Reactions: Olden

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
A contributor to The Hockey Writers for SJS defines Tiers for prospects, then places Brandon Coe in 3 with a brief summary after summer camp and their prospects’ scrimmage.

Tier 1 – Elite talent (Auston Matthews, Connor McDavid-level talent)
Tier 2 – Very, very good prospects with a real chance of being top-six forwards, top-two defenders, or good starting goalies
Tier 3 – Good players who fall just short of tier 2, perhaps due to lower ceilings, but who are distinctly better than tiers below them
Tier 4 – Distinct shot at making an NHL roster and being a contributor (top-nine forward, bottom-four defender, fringe starter, or backup goaltenders
Tier 5 – Players who likely don’t project to be anything more than a role player in the NHL as their ceiling – these players chances of making the NHL aren’t very high compared to their comrades (sometimes due to being relatively unknown at this point)
Tier 6 – Players who have an uphill battle to make the NHL, or there isn’t enough information to make an informed decision

Tier 3: Chekhovich, Wiesblatt, Gushchin, Chmelevski, Coe, Pasichnuk, and Chrona

Brandon Coe was impacted by the OHL shut down, but since he didn’t really have any other options, he came to San Jose to play in the AHL for the Barracuda. This was a huge jump in skill for him, as he won’t turn 20 until Dec. 1, 2021. Coe struggled in the AHL, which isn’t terribly surprising for the youngster. He failed to generate an average of even one shot on goal per game (.67) for the Barracuda. He similarly struggled with a poor NxG (.23) and Corsi of 42 percent. I wouldn’t expect such a young player to drive play in the AHL, and frankly, it could have been much worse for him. Toward the end of the AHL season, Coe increased his time on ice, capping out at 17:31 in his final game on May 23, 2021. He also had a handful of games with a positive NxG and Corsi.

Coe should be back in the AHL for 2021-22, though he could also return to the OHL, which wouldn’t be a bad outcome for him either. He will look to build on the limited success he had and be a more consistent producer. He’ll use the offseason to work on skating and strength while integrating what he learned this season to build strong habits. He has a lot of work to do in order to overcome the low 33 percent of becoming an NHLer.

Reactions: belair

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I see no Coe listed on preseason battalion site list, not surprised that they’d wait. Anyone think he’ll be back?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see no Coe listed on preseason battalion site list, not surprised that they’d wait. Anyone think he’ll be back?
If he doesn't get a contract from the Sharks, there's a pretty good chance he comes back to the Battalion for his OA season.

From most reports he wasn't ready for the AHL last season.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Fantilli heading to Michigan, glad we didnt swing for that one in hindsight. Very excited to have Nelson for the next few years!

Reactions: The Green Tank

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
Coe is on our pre-season roster. Our offence just improved. Playing in the AHL last season should give him the confidence he needs.

Depending on how the seasons goes we could get a decent return for him at the trade deadline. He will be one of the better OA forwards.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Coe is on our pre-season roster. Our offence just improved. Playing in the AHL last season should give him the confidence he needs.

Depending on how the seasons goes we could get a decent return for him at the trade deadline. He will be one of the better OA forwards.
ou hes been added, wasnt there days ago

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Wondering if the Sharks may want him to get some looks up the middle this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad