North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
At Wednesday’s workout, line rushes had 1st and 3rd intact. 2nd had K-Mac and DWake alternating at RW, while the 4th had Outwater, Romani, Sima. Then in last night’s game McDonald was out of the lineup, but seen in the building. So, who has a theory? Minor ailment being given time to heal, or a plan to rotate the extra forward in and out of the lineup over the last 7-8 games of the regular season?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
At Wednesday’s workout, line rushes had 1st and 3rd intact. 2nd had K-Mac and DWake alternating at RW, while the 4th had Outwater, Romani, Sima. Then in last night’s game McDonald was out of the lineup, but seen in the building. So, who has a theory? Minor ailment being given time to heal, or a plan to rotate the extra forward in and out of the lineup over the last 7-8 games of the regular season?

Heard was awaiting word on possible suspension from an action in a recent game, dont know other details.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Yikes. His last penalty was 2:00 Check From Behind vs. Barrie Mar. 20. However, he played the next 2 @ NIA and MIS, so it might have been in one of those. So my speculative, conspiracy nature is getting into gear. If no on ice penalty, maybe it was verbal, possibly abuse of an official or an opponent. If so, the number of games could be significant.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Yikes. His last penalty was 2:00 Check From Behind vs. Barrie Mar. 20. However, he played the next 2 @ NIA and MIS, so it might have been in one of those. So my speculative, conspiracy nature is getting into gear. If no on ice penalty, maybe it was verbal, possibly abuse of an official or an opponent. If so, the number of games could be significant.
The Battalion was without Kyle McDonald, who faces possible supplemental discipline after a check on Chas Sharpe in the third period of a 2-1 win Sunday at Mississauga. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Reactions: View from section 9

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
The Battalion was without Kyle McDonald, who faces possible supplemental discipline after a check on Chas Sharpe in the third period of a 2-1 win Sunday at Mississauga. No penalty was assessed on the play.
:D
Thanks for helping people that make assumptions without looking for facts. It's how the world turns in 2022.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I think it's because he still wears a mask :help:

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for the info, Sam. Never thought to check the team's website, you just never know when they will disclose something. Presume if he was held out for a game it is not a matter of if he will be suspended, but for how many games.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Thought Dalyn Wakely had perhaps his best game so far this season. Good stick, strong on the puck!

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Just re-watched NB / MIS from Sunday. Early 3rd, Sharpe is skating towards boards in his end to left of goal, McD right behind, Sharpe’s skates on goal line and has passed the puck when McDonald shoves him from behind, launches Sharpe into boards, difficult to tell if head or shoulder made first contact. No penalty. Closer referee appeared to have goal, goalie and a defender between him and incident. Officials conferred briefly at centre ice, decision: play on. My guess is somewhere between 2 and 5.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just re-watched NB / MIS from Sunday. Early 3rd, Sharpe is skating towards boards in his end to left of goal, McD right behind, Sharpe’s skates on goal line and has passed the puck when McDonald shoves him from behind, launches Sharpe into boards, difficult to tell if head or shoulder made first contact. No penalty. Closer referee appeared to have goal, goalie and a defender between him and incident. Officials conferred briefly at centre ice, decision: play on. My guess is somewhere between 2 and 5.
If it's checking from behind it's 5 games+ because he has a history. Head shot, the last 3-4 suspensions have been 8 games... OR ... It could be nothing!!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Prior to start of year i suggested Coe and Russell as top OAs in the league this year in league thread, some werent convinced on Russell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad