North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Corey Pronman of The Athletic on Brady Lyle from his Boston Pipeline report. He has him in the "Has a chance to play category

Lyle’s rookie pro season was a pleasant surprise. He showed impressive vision and a bomb of a shot, making him an offensive threat. The skating stride is heavy but the trajectory of this prospect is intriguing.

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
So???? Did anyone make it out this morning? Should I be worried about capacity limits tonight at 5? Saw a goal by Sima reposted online, any other mentionables?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Season tickets will be distributed as follows to a maximum of 1,000:
  1. Player, billet and related organization requirements
  2. Suite holders
  3. Advertiser and sponsor season tickets
  4. Balance based on season ticket seniority
Please note that season ticket invoices will be distributed starting Sept. 10 to those who qualify.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
From BayToday (yesterday): Defenceman Avery Winslow will not be in attendance as he stays down in Florida in preparation for his invitation to the Tampa Bay Lightning main camp invite.

Does anyone know Mason Primeau’s status?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
From BayToday (yesterday): Defenceman Avery Winslow will not be in attendance as he stays down in Florida in preparation for his invitation to the Tampa Bay Lightning main camp invite.

Does anyone know Mason Primeau’s status?
Primeau is an OA who has signed his ELC with Vegas. He's eligible to play in the AHL, so it's unlikely that he returns.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...a big stud in the making.....puck follows wakely all over...may end up best of the bunch...Nelson as advertised.....

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Corey Pronman of The Athletic on Ben Gaudreau and Brandon Coe

Jan. 11, 2003 | 6-foot-2 | 175 pounds
Drafted: No. 81 in 2021
Tier: Projected to play NHL games
Athleticism: Average
Hockey Sense: Average
Gaudreau had a tough 16-year-old season in Sarnia where he was often asked to face a lot of chances on a nightly basis. In his brief draft season he was named top goaltender at the U18 worlds. Gaudreau is a smart goaltender, showing good play-reading ability. As an underage, he could overslide and be too erratic at times in net, but late in the season and into the U18s, he looked poised. He’s not an explosive lateral goalie, but he can make tough saves and get to “hard-to-reach” pucks. He’s a tough evaluation and given the data we have, there could be a wide range of outcomes for him. Gaudreau projects to play games as a backup goaltender but might not have enough elements in his game to be a full-time NHL player.
Has a chance

Brandon Coe, RW, San Jose-AHL: Coe is an intriguing combination of size, skill and speed, and on his best shift he pops on the ice. But those shifts are inconsistent and I wonder how well he sees the game

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I thought Sima looked great, I remember reading the knock on him was skating/hustle and that he has great size/shot. I watched him fly down the wing beating everybody taking it to the net hard a few times tonight.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
As for a player not a 1st or 2nd rounder impressing, I’ll go with Anthony Romani (3rd rounder in 2021), likely sees limited minutes this year as age/size a major factor. I see potential though, makes the right play with the puck every time.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Did Vrbetic get a smaller chest protector? Looks like a goalie from the 80s lol

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Wakely a Dany Heatley type, flat footed a lot of the time, good with his stick and an amazing snapshot

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
Hey now!

My 2 cents from this mornings scrimmage.

Rookies who impressed me:
Erik MacNiel D
Nelson D
Alex little D
Tnias Mathurin D

Anthony Romani F
Michael Podolioukh F
Wakely F
Zack Losier F - reminds me of Matt Santos
Dawson Hettiarachchi F
Nic Sima F - he will be great but needs to play on the defensive end a little more.

Richardson and Long (NB kids) looked decent. Long can skate but is small. Needs to put on some weight.

James Mayotte and Kyle Jackson looked impressive.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Sima, again, noticeable on almost every shift. Believe he had 2g tonight as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad