North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
A couple of notes:
-Some poor officiating but didn't cost us the game.
-Hamilton a sneaky dirty team but nothing to lose your mind over.
-Outwater seems very lost and scared out there. Always a second behind the play hasn't shown many flashes of anything. Might be time to watch a couple games and center himself
-Nic Sima was flying out there. Showed some good speed and great physicality.
-Take the Chains off Lukin and let him throw some big hits. Started off well this year but really slowed down after I assume to coaches told him to lay off.
-Petrov's return to the top line should happen soon. The trio of 22 26 21 clearly enjoyed playing together. Petrov is sniper and is best having someone feed him the puck and 12/10 are not those guys.
-Christopoulos went for and wiffed on 3 hip checks ending up with him being out of position.
-Never thought id say this about a battalion team but id enjoy to see a little more physical play.
-Too many no look and spinning passes that just went nowhere and resulted in a turnover.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Was that the "trap" I saw tonight...by both teams!! Is SB back behind the bench?? First you breakup an exciting top offensive line and now the trap! Too much passing, not enuf shooting. JV again exposed on shots to the stick side. Nelson looked tired...On to the next game.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
When it’s 1-0 for the visitors in just over the first minute, you know you might be in for a long evening. We’ve seen Vrbetic play well in many games this season but last night wasn’t one of them - and whoever thought that putting the Petrov-Jackson-Coe line back together for the Bulldogs game wasn’t a good idea needs to consider a career change.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
When it’s 1-0 for the visitors in just over the first minute, you know you might be in for a long evening. We’ve seen Vrbetic play well in many games this season but last night wasn’t one of them - and whoever thought that putting the Petrov-Jackson-Coe line back together for the Bulldogs game wasn’t a good idea needs to consider a career change.
When he stinks he really stinks, looks even worse with his minimal movement type of goaltending. I prefer the obvious effort and athleticism of Dom D.
They are being very stubborn with Petrov jackson coe maybe we need some more losses but the wins looked like they were needed too.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
NB iced a full lineup, at home in front of a large noisy crowd (well, okay, 1/2 full and quiet) for the first time in several months. HAM on the other hand was missing: #1 goalie; rookie defender who played in the Prospects’ game the night before; 2 20pts approx. wingers. From the traditional 1st goal against on the 1st or 2nd shot in the 1st or 2nd minute, to the 1-1 goal, to hope for a comeback with the 3-2 goal, to this untrained eye the outcome never seemed in doubt. Unfortunately this is the difference between a good to very good team (Battalion) and an elite team (B’Dogs) trying to win league for the 2nd time in 4 years. I still believe 1st Div./2nd Conf. is reachable, and more importantly almost essential. If MIS takes the Div., I can see the team landing in 4th/5th , presuming KGN in 3rd and I don’t look forward to a BAR(with Clarke/Foerster/Guzda back in) vs. NB series. A good first step would be to re-organize the lines as many here have stated.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Gauvreau in for Nelson safe to assume he’s getting a rest ahead of the sauga game tomorrow.
Romani in for Sima. Still makes no sense to rotate these two.
Russell stays on the top line

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Gauvreau in for Nelson safe to assume he’s getting a rest ahead of the sauga game tomorrow.
Romani in for Sima. Still makes no sense to rotate these two.
Russell stays on the top line
Yup same stupidness upfront. Nelson was a nonfactor against bulldogs hope he was ok. Deserves a rest down the stretch for sure regardless.
Sima noticeable hustle, Romani noticeable offense. Outwater noticeably skittish

Hopefully a 1-0 win or even 1-0 loss so we can start looking at some lineup decisions.

Last edited:

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
one niagara announcer close to a mental breakdown over penalties, cant blame him as it seems NB was gifted back in this game with some iffy calls.

Is this Chris Farley on the call lol looks like he’s about to yell “GOOD! GREAT! GRAND! WONDERFUL! NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!” … speaking his mind. I don’t hate it, even as small as the constant kicking of centre man out of the draws it sometimes feels like the refs think they are the main attraction. It’s not an easy gig though

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...unlike Sudbury announcers...these guys let you know when NB scores....spicy flavour to Ice Dogs announcers...entertaining.....acknowledge good plays by Batts...

Reactions: Uncle

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
...unlike Sudbury announcers...these guys let you know when NB scores....spicy flavour to Ice Dogs announcers...entertaining.....acknowledge good plays by Batts...

They let you know the team that they work at times each game, but I can enjoy the broadcast too; without a doubt way better than Sudbury’s.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
one niagara announcer close to a mental breakdown over penalties, cant blame him as it seems NB was gifted back in this game with some iffy calls.

Is this Chris Farley on the call lol looks like he’s about to yell “GOOD! GREAT! GRAND!!” … speaking his mind. I don’t hate it, even as small as the constant kicking of centre man out of the draws it sometimes feels like the refs think they are the main attraction. It’s not an easy gig though

Lol.....Chris Farley....nailed it!!!

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Just now getting to the NB/NIA replay. Amazing Brandon Coe on the first ‘Dogs’ goal. As last man out of d-zone tried to carry puck and deke a ‘Dog at his own blueline, lost puck. Then he took a large gliding loop back into the zone, casually observing all the way. Turned toward the corner as the puck was moving to the net, as goal was scored shrugged shoulders and headed to the bench. For all his undeniable smooth skill, his often disinterested approach to the game is more than a little frustrating. And I certainly acknowledge his amazing point total and 3A last night.

On 2nd IDs goal, O.O. was trailing the NIA rush with ample time and space to engage in backcheck. As some have mentioned, he shied away at the point of potential contact, and as the puck entered his zone his next move was a step or 2 towards centre, then moved back in way too late.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
What happened to the 'Air Support' siren at the start of the game? I like the siren but think it needs to be presented in a different fashion.
Also nice to have a Sarge that is a good skater, his pre game has been great for most of this season.
For Thursday, Dom starts while Sima and Gauvreau sit as per the recent rotation for both slots. Will they continue to sit a superior player to Outwater once the playoffs start? Hopefully they can dump this guy off during the off season. Won't dump on Dennis and the scouting staff but this was a clear miss.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I’m not gonna say the top line is bad. They still produce but how many goals are you leaving on the table with one the best pure goal scorers this team has ever seen on the 3rd line

Reactions: yacky

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not gonna say the top line is bad. They still produce but how many goals are you leaving on the table with one the best pure goal scorers this team has ever seen on the 3rd line
It’s like choosing to play on hard mode instead of easy, for what? I wouldn’t even say he one dimensional scorer either, he brings a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad