North Bay Battalion 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
For the love of.... Put Petrov-Jackson-Coe back together. Best line in CHL. Arnsby is a 3rd liner, stop trying to make him something he's not.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
For the love of.... Put Petrov-Jackson-Coe back together. Best line in CHL. Arnsby is a 3rd liner, stop trying to make him something he's not.
Ya we trying to force something that isn’t needed. Just go with the easy answer!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I too believe the battalion is deep enough now healthy and rookies stepping up that Petrov can be put back on the top line with Jackson & Coe. Petrov does not belong on a checking line with the other two Slavs imo.
Even if getting zero PP minutes, Arnsby is the #2 centre and warrants top 6 TOI.

VanSteensel-Arnsby-MacDonald
Russell-Wakely-Romani
Outwater/Tarasevich-Podolioukh-Tarasevich/Sima

Seems fine to me; nothing wrong with 5-30+ goal scorers spread out over 3 lines.

Last edited:

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I too believe the battalion is deep enough now healthy and rookies stepping up that Petrov can be put back on the top line with Jackson & Coe. Petrov does not belong on a checking line with the other two Slavs imo.
Even if getting zero PP minutes, Arnsby is the #2 centre and warrants top 6 TOI.

Russell-Wakely-Romani

Seems fine to me; nothing wrong with 5-30+ goal scorers spread out over 3 lines.
You missed Outwater. lol

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

Russell-Wakely-Romani

Petrov - Jackson - Coe
and
Vansteensel - russell - macdonald

These are our best offensive players (currently) and have shown great chemistry.
They have been near the best top 6 in the league when played in these combinations. Anything other than this, TO ME, is stupid.

Arnsby provides solid two way energy better than he provides any offense, therefore play him on the 3rd line - a line historically known for 2 way energy.

This obviously gives us an excess of more than capable bottom 6 forwards and inevitably some difficult scratches down the stretch! What a nice problem to have - too many good producing players and not enough spots! its been years!
Scratching Romani after scoring 7 pts in his last 5 games (12pts in his last 14 games) is NOT the answer and is actually quite an awful thing to do

Last edited:
Reactions: Samee987

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Does Coe have money on the Colts? Wtf is he doing? Completed more passes to Barrie than his line mates - one leading to their only goal

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Does Coe have money on the Colts? Wtf is he doing? Completed more passes to Barrie than his line mates - one leading to their only goal
THANK YOU. Though he didn’t seem too excited about it lol hmmmm

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Obviously not happy playing with "puck-hog" Russell. I have no clue what Oulahan is trying to accomplish other than having Coe & Petrov not finish top 5 in scoring. Put the big line back together. Also, does Wakely belong on the 4th line???

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Obviously not happy playing with "puck-hog" Russell. I have no clue what Oulahan is trying to accomplish other than having Coe & Petrov not finish top 5 in scoring. Put the big line back together. Also, does Wakely belong on the 4th line???
It is so stupid!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Not the greatest game today against a team missing their star captain, star goalie, and star forward who is about to return in Foerster. Won’t be an easy out by any stretch.
Hopefully attendance continues progressing, really excited to attend my first playoff games in North Bay. Such fun lately.

Dom D played great again but maybe less would be more with his puck handling. Definitely burned himself on the 2nd goal on an otherwise great showing! His athleticism is obvious

The euro 3rd line is a fun cute idea but put petrov back on 1 and Russell back on 2. It’s like we are trying to play on hard mode.

Macdonald looked awesome today moving much better than when he arrived and hitting all over!

I remember reading someone suggest they miss Rose over Ladd … smh. The steady defensive and transitional passing play has been great, he has really stabilized our d core. Makes me forget we still have budding stud Mathurin. Rose provided more offense but we have that covered.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Both Ladd & MacDonald are playing much faster now compared to the first few games; maybe they just struggled a bit in a new system. Maybe they are just faster. Does the batallion have a skating coach?
I wouldn’t say Russell is a puck hog, it’s more like he has tunnel vision. He is a dominant special teams player, but better suited on the 3rd line with Podolioukh & Tarasevich 5 on 5, imo.

Reactions: Samee987

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
#16 27 19 played great together and should be together. I’m also impressed with #12. He should be third line with #14 and 11.

Regardless ugly game but a win is a win and this team keeps winning lol.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Don’t know if the coaches ever read the comments posted here but the consensus of opinion among NB fans is that they want the Petrov-Jackson-Coe line put back. With Hamilton here Thursday, it would be interesting to watch that line go head-to-head vs the McTavish line. If they don’t do that, then they better put their best checking line out there to try and contain the damage. The best checking pair the Battalion ever had (imo) was Jamie Lewis and Connor Jarvis and it will take players of that skill to keep McT. off the score sheet.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I think it's an insult to Petrov to be dropped to the 3rd line. With the current winning streak, there were quite a few 'long' faces out there yesterday. Some guys don't look like they are having fun. And how about the D core? Very very impressive!

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Not now…Foerster-Vierling-Cardwell is 😉
Havent you guys learned to not count your chickens before they hatch? Barrie wasnt supposed to lose a game coming into the season!

And also Petrov - Jackson - Coe were all scoring at well above 1.5 points a game while together. Vierling is scoring under a point a game 0.91 lol. Though is presumed to be a great addition.

Reactions: The Green Tank

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
If the buzz is correct and Mathurin is returning thursday, Lukin has to be odd man out. Ever since they took the hitting out of his game he is average at best.
That would be a great upgrade! Lukin has been ok for us but lately ive noticed him getting caught out of position more, struggling to make passes under pressure

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes from Wed.:

Something I haven’t seen in 4-5 years: a lineup in the team office, 4 people either buying tickets or turning in their STH playoff sheets.

Tnias was out of red, in full gear and looking ready to go as per comments from a few posters. It seems obvious to those in the know (i.e.: us) that Lukin should be out of the lineup. But my money is on Cam Gauvreau.

2nd PP unit had a different look: Arny centring OVS and DWake, Ladd and Kyle McD on the blueline.

There was #25 helmet in the workout (presume Chase McQueen-Spence from Powassan) and curious as to why. It seemed the full roster was on the ice.

If anyone is interested in game day morning skates, Battalion are on the ice at 9:30am followed by HamDogs at 10:30.

How will T-Nelly handle the back-to-backs in KIT and NB?

And finally, why not get into attendance lottery? Last 2 games were very important vs. quality opponents and drew mid 2300s. Next up we have maybe the most significant game in perhaps 5 years vs. an elite opponent. Let’s put the over/under number at the elusive 2500. I predictably will go under, taking 2403 in recognition of the date.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Notes from Wed.:

Something I haven’t seen in 4-5 years: a lineup in the team office, 4 people either buying tickets or turning in their STH playoff sheets.

Tnias was out of red, in full gear and looking ready to go as per comments from a few posters. It seems obvious to those in the know (i.e.: us) that Lukin should be out of the lineup. But my money is on Cam Gauvreau.

2nd PP unit had a different look: Arny centring OVS and DWake, Ladd and Kyle McD on the blueline.

There was #25 helmet in the workout (presume Chase McQueen-Spence from Powassan) and curious as to why. It seemed the full roster was on the ice.

If anyone is interested in game day morning skates, Battalion are on the ice at 9:30am followed by HamDogs at 10:30.

How will T-Nelly handle the back-to-backs in KIT and NB?

And finally, why not get into attendance lottery? Last 2 games were very important vs. quality opponents and drew mid 2300s. Next up we have maybe the most significant game in perhaps 5 years vs. an elite opponent. Let’s put the over/under number at the elusive 2500. I predictably will go under, taking 2403 in recognition of the date.
Im thinking less than the last two games in terms of attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad