North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Some random thoughts after tonight's game:

I wonder if the 7-5 Game 1 was the outlier, both in performance and attendance, and the next 2 are the norm.
Not sure about CP33, it is still early, for sure, but he delivered quite well last season, and so far, nothing. GAA 6.50 probably won't get it done. Having said this, the D-corps has been pretty sad.
GP3, GF 9, GA 18 Goal Diff. -9, 2nd only to Sud.
Will the magic 2000 attendance barrier be broken (in the wrong direction) in the next 2 games? At the start of the season I thought it would take until the end of Oct., now, not so sure it will take that long.
Will JB17 be somewhere else by mid/end-Nov.? And what return could you expect for a legitimate difference maker who happens to be an overager?
Cam Peters can play at this level.
Looking at the sched. prior to beginning of season, I saw a real solid opportunity to start out 0-5, revised it to 3-2 or 2-3 after the Ham. game, now revised to 1-4. Please prove me wrong Troops.
Well I guess I am pretty well "negativity'd" out for now, anyone else want to pile on? Or hopefully provide some reason for optimism?
Peters can play at this level completely agree, Postnov really caught my eye tonight with and without the puck was all over the ice, Daniel Walker is the gritty high energy guy that has some play making ability and although not perfect Big Joe looked pretty good in relief of Propp

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Just shows how week our D really is, he's going to need to make another trade for an experienced 99 or 00.

On the back end I'm most disappointed with Henderson, I'm sensing we didn't have much scouting done on him before that trade.

McMaster was mostly invisible and would you believe Noel, McShane & Vallati in Oshawa's lineup were all drafted after him.

I went in to this season pretty optimistic but that will fade quickly with a few more nights like that, just very disappointing. I'd imagine there are 20 young men just as disappointed with that effort and result.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Haven't had the chance to get out and see them, but I think people need to be patient with this defense. These guys are young and not used to playing these types of minutes at this level. The team has given up a ton of goals in the past two, but it's against Oshawa and the Soo--two teams expected to be contenders in their respective conferences this year.

Question for those who have watched though. How have Struthers and Brazeau responded to the loss of Burghardt's speed on the LW?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Haven't had the chance to get out and see them, but I think people need to be patient with this defense. These guys are young and not used to playing these types of minutes at this level. The team has given up a ton of goals in the past two, but it's against Oshawa and the Soo--two teams expected to be contenders in their respective conferences this year.

Question for those who have watched though. How have Struthers and Brazeau responded to the loss of Burghardt's speed on the LW?
Burghardt would definitely help.. On a side note Brazeau seemed to have hurt his right hand/wrist early in the game and then once near the end of the 3rd and leaving the bench a minute later, gotta hope it’s nothing serious

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Some good points made. This team is a work in progress. They have one of the toughest first 5 games in the league.
This is not a talent laden team, I am not even sure it has the type of players to play Butler's defensive style.
I questioned the makeup, age wise, of the team heading into the season. They will have trouble competing with a team where 2/3's of the roster is 18 yrs & younger. Especially with a D core of 1 20 yr old and 1 19 yr old, both of which are not quaterback kind of guys.
CP33 will be fine once he stops trying to do too much and gets back to focusing on his game - not the deficiencies in front of him. Everyone knows they have young, inexperienced "D"; especially the goalies. They are going to get hung out to dry at times but have to remain focused on stopping pucks.
Butler and the staff know what they have in the team. It is telling in his press conference when he doesn't speak of wins, just trying to collect as many points as possible.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
lots of constructive criticsim but much needed. Felt sorry for rookie goaltender who played puck in
trapzoid zone.{stupid rule anyways} Think we need to be patient with defence .Only thing we fans
can control is the attendance.

Reactions: barclayplager

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Is this the year Stan gets let go
Not as a knee jerk reaction but I believe a fresh face and new system would do this team and organization a lot of good. Respect Stan and all he’s done but he’s gone stale for me, as has his on ice product. Just an opinion from a fan who had only mediocre expectations to begin with.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not as a knee jerk reaction but I believe a fresh face and new system would do this team and organization a lot of good. Respect Stan and all he’s done but he’s gone stale for me, as has his on ice product. Just an opinion from a fan who had only mediocre expectations to begin with.
Thats what I mean feels like it’s a long time coming

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
May be time to try some new lines.
I would move Peters between Coe and Walker. Potts/Moncada/Brown needs a shake up in some way. Maybe remove Brown and replace him with Evans who wasn't half bad on Thursday.

Shows how big of a piece Burghardt was for us, no offense to Chenier but he may benefit from the top line to the 2nd, maybe Peters to the top line. I dunno I'm just spitballing but maybe "the best mind in Junior hockey" can figure it out.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
^^^^ Well Niagara has something to write about. North Bay....no offense, no defense, no physicality, no heart, no goaltending.....repeat .....repeat......repeat......!
I understand the Soo, Oshawa and Niagara are all better skilled, better coached teams and should beat North Bay but I cannot stand the lack of effort this team has shown. Not a single ounce of push back as teams man handle them. Instead of getting pissed off and ashamed they merely slink off the ice with indifference.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In that draft, Butler took McMaster (13th) over McShane (19th)/Dunkley (17th)/Foudy (18th)/Vallati (16th)

And took Forhan (33rd) over Giroux/Wilde/Popov

And then got a contract extension... Unreal
Do any of those players even report to North Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad