North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
All I know is that as a STH since they came here, things are looking grim so far. Remember how people used to talk about the three-year cycle of junior hockey? Our cycle is shaping up to be much longer than that.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
All I know is that as a STH since they came here, things are looking grim so far. Remember how people used to talk about the three-year cycle of junior hockey? Our cycle is shaping up to be much longer than that.
I agree with 3 year cycles.....we had 3 good years, followed by 3 bad years which look to be followed by another 3 bad years.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Something seriously needs to be looked here with this scouting staff, these drafted kids and some returning players are nowhere near ready of playing at this level. I've seen other teams imports and ours are suspect at this point.
Not getting a warm fuzzy on Stan's health, sure hope everything will be ok. Might be time to hand over the team to Scott & Adam? Then Stan can oversee scouting and GM duties fulltime.

*****Butler on medical leave*****
Butler on medical leave - BayToday.ca

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..our GTHL scouts need to be gassed..
…..for second year we have no NHL draft picks...why...scouts see no potential pro picks on Batt....our scouts do not seem to spot potential or those they spot tell them beforehand they won't report....so do we find better scouts??? do other small market teams go through this..not Owen Sound it seems....

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
…..for second year we have no NHL draft picks...why...scouts see no potential pro picks on Batt....our scouts do not seem to spot potential or those they spot tell them beforehand they won't report....so do we find better scouts??? do other small market teams go through this..not Owen Sound it seems....

Probably won’t have any next year either

The year after should be decent though. Coe, Peters for sure, possibly Pacey Schleuting

I’m not aware of any player Owen Sound has drafted anyone that wouldn’t have reported to North Bay. If they have, a significant factor is probably that the Attack plays in the Midwest. I honestly think that there is a disadvantage if you’re an Eastern Conference team, especially a small market. It’s why I think the OHL missed a good opportunity to drastically change up the conferences a few years ago when Hamilton came into the league.

Last edited:

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Keep that trading line open with the OS Attack!! Can a deal like this work for both teams? :nod:

To North Bay; OA / LW #8 Allen Lazerchuck
To OS Attack; 3'rd/19 & 5'th/19

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Keep that trading line open with the OS Attack!! :nod:

To North Bay; OA / LW #8 Allen Lazerchuck
To OS Attack; 3'rd/19 & 5'th/19
Is this confirmed? Don’t hate it, potential to be flipped if poop continually hits the fan.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They're doing what they need to nice and early this year. This is very promising.

Central Scouting's Preliminary Rankings are out and only Struthers is mentioned from the Battalion. This is a call out to Adam McMaster. As a former first rounder there's no excuse to go unnoticed in your draft+1 season. This kid needs to start scoring immediately.

I hope we're shopping for a second line center.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..is Potts from the pre=Stan scouting/input era...??like Baird..Ball..Lyle..Pourier..Sherman...etc..missed on Kyrou..and many others

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
..is Potts from the pre=Stan scouting/input era...??like Baird..Ball..Lyle..Pourier..Sherman...etc..missed on Kyrou..and many others
Fifth rounder in 2015. Weak draft for the Battalion. Only Walker and Chenier left plus the Lyle trade return.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
not sure..but on phone in show I think it was asked if any league discipline was forthcoming and Dennis did not know at the time..checking O website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca