Not open for further replies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Line combos from Wed. afternoon’s workout:
McMaster Struthers Brazeau
Chenier Primeau Coe
Burghardt Walker Brown
Caines Forhan Evans

Couldn’t locate Cam Peters, didn’t check the D-corps. Almost 3 weeks since the last home game, and about a month since the last home win. Will the friendly confines have an impact? And will the 7L streak make any difference to the crowd size? I believe Kit. (who were on ice 10-11 this morning) mightl be without 2 key players (Damiani susp., Hugg, I think, with Swedish national team).

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Chenier Primeau Coe
Burghardt Walker Brown
Caines Forhan Evans

Couldn’t locate Cam Peters, didn’t check the D-corps. Almost 3 weeks since the last home game, and about a month since the last home win. Will the friendly confines have an impact? And will the 7L streak make any difference to the crowd size? I believe Kit. (who were on ice 10-11 this morning) mightl be without 2 key players (Damiani susp., Hugg, I think, with Swedish national team).
Top 6 looks right, maybe I’m nitpicking but Walker and Brown are 4th line players. I’d choose two of Caines forhan and evans to move with burghardt as they are better skaters that can keep up with Burgs speed.

Wish I could be there tonight. It’s been a while!

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Top 6 looks right, maybe I’m nitpicking but Walker and Brown are 4th line players. I’d choose two of Caines forhan and evans to move with burghardt as they are better skaters that can keep up with Burgs speed.

Wish I could be there tonight. It’s been a while!
I'm sorry but did you say Forhan should he moved up the lineup???

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Chenier Primeau Coe
Burghardt Walker Brown
Caines Forhan Evans

Any sign of Butler?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I'm sorry but did you say Forhan should he moved up the lineup???
haha saw that one coming! Caines and Evans then, maybe i was a little ahead of myself with Forhan although Brown is a 4th line player at best and less minutes for Walker = less penalty attempts in my head lol.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Yes, there was a Coach sighting. Wed. afternoon he was an observer only from about the 5th row in Sec. 8, I saw him for about 15-20 min., he might have been there longer.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Some random game notes from Thursday:

From the “plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose” files: 1) What’s with the seemingly automatic visitors’ early goal on the 1st or 2nd shot of the game? 1.5 min. in, shot 2, goal 1, Kit. 1-0. 2) Why can’t the team play with the lead? Troops trailed for 22 min., then went up 3-2, under 2 min. later 5-3 Kit. 3) With announced attendance of 2044 (certainly under 1500 in the building), the team set a new franchise low for North Bay, first time under 2100. The slow, gradual and relentless slide to 1999 continues. 4) JB17 is a hoss, what a player, we will miss him.

From the “things we thought we’d never see” files: 1) Daniel Walker played mostly under control, scored twice and was an effective member of the 3rd line. 2) On a power play at the end of the 2nd period, the Troops deployed a 4th forward. Luke Burghardt (and welcome back LB25) played the blueline with NK10, the Braz. group up front. We won’t worry too much about their lack of effectiveness or the fact Kit. was in the hunt for a shorthander at one point. I hope the asst. coach who made the decision is still employed by the end of the weekend. 3) Troops can really play with the lead. Up 6-5 with 15 to play, they turned up the wick on the forecheck, engaged the cycle down low and really burned some clock in the offensive zone, and CP33 was there when needed. 2 more goals ( 1 empty) sure didn’t hurt.

From the “misc.” files: 1) Was this Nick King’s best game as a Battalion, on both sides of the puck? 2) It was great to see 7 even strength goals, and there were lots of contributors to the win. But except for other bottom feeders, all other teams have a GAA somewhere between 0.50 and 1.00 better than Battalion. Giving up between 4 and 5 goals almost every time out is not a recipe for success.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Good game by Pacey I was impressed, 2 goals by Braz, Chenier and Walker also 0 PIMS by Walker as for Propp oh man what’s happened to him, struggles with routine saves.
When I coached we had a saying, "Never criticize a win." It was nice to see them break the losing streak but it was a horribly played game by both teams.
I have said it before, team defence - starts with the goalie and works its way out from there. I think your goalies have been hung out to dry quite a few times this year, tonight was no exception. Conversely, I am confused on which ones were routine for you? The open man on the 1st, the open one timer on the 2nd, the wide open one timer on the 2 on 1 third goal, the breakaway from center ice 4th or the 2 on 1 shot 5th?
We could debate all day long stoppable shots but it boils down to there are too many odd man, wide open, high threat scoring opportunities being given up. I could explain clearer and breakdown each goal for you, defensive miscues, blown coverage, poor back checking and bad goaltending but it is a mute point as we are just fans, armchair gm's and coaches.
Funny thing with hockey though, clubs with good team defence tend to win more games. As good as Brazeau is, this team can't outscore their defensive and goalie woes.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
When I coached we had a saying, "Never criticize a win." It was nice to see them break the losing streak but it was a horribly played game by both teams.
I have said it before, team defence - starts with the goalie and works its way out from there. I think your goalies have been hung out to dry quite a few times this year, tonight was no exception. Conversely, I am confused on which ones were routine for you? The open man on the 1st, the open one timer on the 2nd, the wide open one timer on the 2 on 1 third goal, the breakaway from center ice 4th or the 2 on 1 shot 5th?
We could debate all day long stoppable shots but it boils down to there are too many odd man, wide open, high threat scoring opportunities being given up. I could explain clearer and breakdown each goal for you, defensive miscues, blown coverage, poor back checking and bad goaltending but it is a mute point as we are just fans, armchair gm's and coaches.
Funny thing with hockey though, clubs with good team defence tend to win more games. As good as Brazeau is, this team can't outscore their defensive and goalie woes.
I never said he should have stopped all of them? Why do you come here just to start shit. All I said was he struggles with some pretty routine saves giving up lots of huge rebounds. The D causes a lot of problems as well this isn’t anything new

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

[/QUOTE] You would likely know his character better than I as I am not a North Bay fan [/QUOTE]

Bye-bye expert. Go enlighten the fans on the Rangers board and tell them how their team should play!

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
You would likely know his character better than I as I am not a North Bay fan [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I am not a NB fan nor an expert, but probably see the game a little different than Fan...actics like you and Spezz. I am just a retired coach who is a fan of players I coached and coached against and like to follow their progression.
I don't post on any of the forums to rile people up but just to voice my opinion. Truthfully if you don't like, don't agree with it, don't read it.
There was not a single arguable thing stated in my post, I wasn't putting down or sticking up for players; merely asking a question (which wasn't answered by Spezz) and stating a point of team defence.
The only reason why North Bay got the win last night was because Kitchener's defensive game and goaltending was more suspect than theirs.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
You would likely know his character better than I as I am not a North Bay fan
[/QUOTE]
I am not a NB fan nor an expert, but probably see the game a little different than Fan...actics like you and Spezz. I am just a retired coach who is a fan of players I coached and coached against and like to follow their progression.
I don't post on any of the forums to rile people up but just to voice my opinion. Truthfully if you don't like, don't agree with it, don't read it.
There was not a single arguable thing stated in my post, I wasn't putting down or sticking up for players; merely asking a question (which wasn't answered by Spezz) and stating a point of team defence.
The only reason why North Bay got the win last night was because Kitchener's defensive game and goaltending was more suspect than theirs.[/QUOTE]
Never said he didn’t save those routine shots but more that he struggled to control them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad