North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Attendance is a continual issue in the Bay - move JB and we'll hear crickets.
Not a good situation. A fan base needs to realize they’re will be years when the team doesn’t have as much success as they would like while they’re rebuilding etc. Of course you need to win to pack the place but its a cycle, and a loyal good fan base is there year after year so long as there is a plan and some light at the end of the tunnel. In Sudbury there was no light for several years so obviously attendance was low. Kind of surprising in terms of the Batts considering the team was already lost once.

Last edited:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I for one hated the Pacey pick but I can honestly say I’m very happy with the steps he’s taken in 1st year hope he continues to prove me wrong. Really notices Brown today played well especially with assist to Chenier. Most definitely see a NHL camp invite to Chenier and King in the off-season

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Brazeau with 4 through 2 periods! Should earn an NHL contract from his shot alone.. other OHL teams should be salivating at the thought of potentially adding a player like this to their roster. Our 1st line does majority of the heavy lifting but he is the straw that stirs the drink.

Have also liked rose and schlueting in his limited minutes, doesn’t always make the easy play (which is a problem trying to break into the league as a young defender) but I think with some growth he will be a fun player to watch.

And a nod to our role players who do get it a little rough for lack of production (rightfully so).. but I do respect the heart and hustle on the PK, in particular the effort to step in front of shots.

Brazeau is currently on pace for 126 points. You would have to think he will be in the NHL next year. He has the size to be on an NHL 4th line. Kevin Labanc had 127 as an OA a few seasons back and he went straight to the NHL and put up 20 points

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Brazeau is currently on pace for 126 points. You would have to think he will be in the NHL next year. He has the size to be on an NHL 4th line. Kevin Labanc had 127 as an OA a few seasons back and he went straight to the NHL and put up 20 points
I for one would love to see it.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Game against the Wolves December 28, 2018 is not televised. I wonder why EastLink isn't allowing the feed for it?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Braz day just before the xmas break (trade period) ........hmmmmm smells like a trade .

Almost seemed like a send off for Brazeau with 200+ Liskeard fans in the rink. What a show he put on for them.

History says he won't be traded, ownership/management are happy to eke into a playoff spot and call it a successful season. Personally I'm a bit torn. Would like to see him stay and set a goal scoring record but if a trade brings in a young gun and picks and sets us up for the next few years, I'm ok with that too.

Reactions: Uncle

meh022

Nov 21, 2018
Game against the Wolves December 28, 2018 is not televised. I wonder why EastLink isn't allowing the feed for it?

looks like eastlink in sudbury is already covering a different event that day

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 2.18.33 PM.png

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Justin doesn't have the wheels to jump right in like Labanc and former Battalion Barclay Goodrow did a few years back. Brazeau also has the ability to create space with his size at this level, giving him a similar advantage that former Battalion Nick Paul had in his final year here--that disappears when you turn pro.

I think he's going to have a rough go in his first year pro. But if he shows the resilience he's shown in the four years we've seen from him here, I have no doubts he has the raw ability to produce at the NHL level. I just hope he finds himself on a team that is willing to develop that scoring ability.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
what would you guy think if the knights went after Brazeau offered something like this.

Duhart+Timms+2 2nds and 1 3rd for Brazeau

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
what would you guy think if the knights went after Brazeau offered something like this.

Duhart+Timms+2 2nds and 1 3rd for Brazeau
I'm not sure Duhart would even report to North Bay. Also no real interest in Timms, either. He'd just be taking ice away from the young guys, which isn't convenient. If it's London, that 6'6 kid from Napanee--Emmet Pierce--who's currently playing for Strathroy sounds interesting. What's the word on him?

As for the picks, who knows? By the deadline, Brazeau might have 40-some goals. There might be a few suitors by then.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I'm not sure Duhart would even report to North Bay. Also no real interest in Timms, either. He'd just be taking ice away from the young guys, which isn't convenient. If it's London, that 6'6 kid from Napanee--Emmet Pierce--who's currently playing for Strathroy sounds interesting. What's the word on him?

As for the picks, who knows? By the deadline, Brazeau might have 40-some goals. There might be a few suitors by then.
Pierce hasnt played at the OHL level much mostly because of londons depth im sure he is available

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pierce hasnt played at the OHL level much mostly because of londons depth im sure he is available
Stan has a tendency to lean towards the guys with size. If this Pierce kid can skate, he'd probably be a decent add--losing Brazeau's size.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Pierce is a border line OHLer at best. Not a trade chip of any value. He would be a throw in.
I doubt he ever gets a sniff in London. He will continually get passed by younger better players coming into the org.

Edit Not a strong skater.

Reactions: belair

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pierce is a border line OHLer at best. Not a trade chip of any value. He would be a throw in.
I doubt he ever gets a sniff in London. He will continually get passed by younger better players coming into the org.
I was wondering what level he was at. He seems to be producing, but I assume he's also a year older. Thanks. Really difficult to tell just looking at what's available online.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I was wondering what level he was at. He seems to be producing, but I assume he's also a year older. Thanks. Really difficult to tell just looking at what's available online.

01, so drafted 2 years ago. He gets decent PT on a weaker team.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I prefer an ohl proven talent if we are trading Braz for obvious reasons. The scraps from London that may or not report do not move the needle but I understand why that would be their package to be fair...

Last edited:

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Re: Has Forhan been released?\

The team stats page shows that he does not (yet) have the dreaded "X" beside his name. Presumably he is still on the roster, at least for now.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
I prefer an ohl proven talent if we are trading Braz for obvious reasons. The scraps from London that may or not report do not move the needle but I understand why that would be their package to be fair...
Similar to luchuk trade but probably a bit richer JB is on pace for 60-70 goals possibly 20 more than luchuk he is also 8 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier for what ever that is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad