North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You just made my point. Default statement, which I had already made, is Brasseau can score goals but as a leader he should lead by example.
The mark of a good player is he makes people around him better. Can't argue your point that anyone on his line gets points but can you tell me his effort south of center ice makes anyone better. I would say it makes them worse because they are jumping the zone early just like him.
We have gone down a rabbit hole; I just made a comment on what I observed last night.
I am not here to bash Brasseau, he is the captain, he can score goals; question is, can he lead this team in anything more than points.

+/- even though a large portion of Brazeau’s points come from being part of one of the league’s better PP; which, is led by Brazeau. Brazeau also plays against the best every team has, giving Coe & Primeau a better chance to produce.
NB was winning games during the stretch Brazeau was scoring at a clip >2ppg. Imo, Brazeau leads the team in every measurable.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
You would likely know his character better than I as I am not a North Bay fan but rather a casual follower of players around the league that I coached or coached against. I like to watch their progression through the league.
My point was, the top line was directly responsible for two goals because of lack of effort which is unacceptable from a captain and an assistant. Yes they scored a goal and in fact, if Brasseau was more concerned with helping the team win instead of padding his stats, he had the go ahead goal on his stick with a guy wide open for a tap in and chose to try to do it all himself.
Selfish, lack of effort behavior doesn't seem like leadership.
Consistently creates space and throws the team on his back but you want to bring up a lack of effort? Jesus buddy

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Consistently creates space and throws the team on his back but you want to bring up a lack of effort? Jesus buddy
I have no doubts Brazeau's starting to feel some level of exhaustion at this point. He has without a doubt been one of the league's primary drivers in regards to his team's success. Unfortunately the team behind him is a dud, with the exception of five or six players. You can't win in this league like that.

It's a good test for him though a year prior to turning pro. He needs to make sure his recovery is at a peak level next season and he consistently needs to focus on improving that skating stride.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Looking forward to tonight game in Niagara Teddy Bear Toss game should be a packed house plus McMaster home coming hero last visit here.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017

Have you played this sport? Putting the team on his back is utterly ridiculous; that is like saying Ovechkin carried the caps for the first 9 years of his career. Ovie was a one dimensional player for a better part of his career, it wasn't until he learned to both both ends of the rink did the team finally succeed.
Brazeau carries this team offensively and there is no shame in that, actually quite astounding considering the team itself. But seriously, take off the rose colored glasses and stop sipping on the NB koolaid it is clouding your judgement.

It's a good test for him though a year prior to turning pro. He needs to make sure his recovery is at a peak level next season and he consistently needs to focus on improving that skating stride.[/QUOTE]

Brazeau will get a shot at the coast next year but I doubt anything higher. I can't believe no one has ever pulled him aside and explained what he will have to do to get to next level. Scoring a bunch of goals in junior may get you there, being able to keep up with the play and playing a 200 foot game is what will keep him there.

Reactions: The Prophet

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Have you played this sport? Putting the team on his back is utterly ridiculous; that is like saying Ovechkin carried the caps for the first 9 years of his career. Ovie was a one dimensional player for a better part of his career, it wasn't until he learned to both both ends of the rink did the team finally succeed.
Brazeau carries this team offensively and there is no shame in that, actually quite astounding considering the team itself. But seriously, take off the rose colored glasses and stop sipping on the NB koolaid it is clouding your judgement.

What the f*** are you talking about guy

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

It's a good test for him though a year prior to turning pro. He needs to make sure his recovery is at a peak level next season and he consistently needs to focus on improving that skating stride.

Brazeau will get a shot at the coast next year but I doubt anything higher. I can't believe no one has ever pulled him aside and explained what he will have to do to get to next level. Scoring a bunch of goals in junior may get you there, being able to keep up with the play and playing a 200 foot game is what will keep him there.[/QUOTE]

Brazeau (13th? round pick) has managed to play on Butler’s team for four seasons. He plays and has played a 200’ game.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Didn't want to start an argument with any of you guys. So to end the pointless banter I will agree to disagree and hope that all that you have said, hoped and wished for will come to fruition.
I doubt it will but we just view players differently.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The '200 foot game' isn't terribly important in Brazeau's case, considering he's a RW. He's also the team's offensive catalyst, so he's expected to take chances to create. If anything, the shortfalls in two-way play can be heaped on the center of that forward group if they're constantly giving up five-bell chances against.

I rarely see opportunities where I have to call out significant mistakes in his game defensively, so I'm not entirely certain why there'd be a bias against the guy for poor play. In regards to what's expected of Justin to be a successful pro player, I agree the list is quite long. I also think he's likely headed for some time in the ECHL in his first pro season due to the lack of pro level foot speed at this point. But I have no doubt he's due for an NHL contract in the coming months.

Reactions: Uncle

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
You guys mind sticking it to Niagara? I know they're up 2-1 right now but they could certainly use a regulation loss.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
King with a goal and an assist tonight against a tough team, the Icedogs. I'm with SpezzaNoLookPass in saying he deserves a bit more love. This all comes from an OS fan whose team let Cameron, Beamish and King play elsewhere. We're beating London tonight using 5 D tonight. Any two of those three would be valuable in Owen Sound tonight.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
When y
Prophet: "oh and it would be great if they would report!"

In the last 10 Import drafts, the team has selected 13 players, and of these, 11 have played for the team. Of the 2 who didn't, Robin Kovacs ('15) elected to stay in Europe, Filip Chytil ('17) had his fate decided by his NHL team (NYR) who assigned him to AHL Hartford.
I'm not trying to defend the team's draft record and I don't disagree with the "dart board" theory. But to suggest that Import selections do not report does not appear to be entirely accurate.
When you are the N Bay Battalion, "you need all players to report" , cause we aint that good without them . To waste Chytil and Kovacs when you only have 2 Euros to begin with really hampers your ability to rebuild (win) . Further , those two players were when the team was in N Bay , Brampton years have little if anything to do with your argument .

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Good effort by North Bay for the first two periods thought you were the better team at times but the IceDogs woke up in the third and two empty netter sealed the deal good luck in Hamilton tomorrow.

Reactions: View from section 9

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Going into today's game they were #1 on the PP, and #6 shorthanded...they play better shorthanded then 5 on 5.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
It always seems that if not Walker it's a guy with a letter on his chest from taking selfish penalties sitting in the box when we are getting lit up.

I've been trying very hard to stay positive but wtf is going on??? This has become sad unfortunately.

It's a Gong Show!!! Unfortunately after this season, it will be time to commit as a season ticketholder for another three years, I don't think the front office are going to be too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad