North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
unfortunate that mcmaster and coe have speed to burn everybody but insist on being such perimeter players.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Outclassed by a more talented Pete's team. Some thoughts;
- what more do you want your goalie to do??
- #5 belongs on Powassan.
- #9 offers nothing.
- why not bring Allair up?
- #21 wake up!
- #22 should be 1st line LW
- #27 best "glider" out there. Not in a good way!
- #28 do something!!!!!
21 & 27 = lazy
9 = Voodoos, IF they would take him
22 & 23 = great work ethic. 23 will be a star in this league.
5 & 29 both played well and took regular shifts
3, 7 & 12 were solid
10 = giveaway machine

Young D was not the reason we lost today.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I don't know what you expect from him but for a 16 y.o. D. He was not the best player in the ice but he was also far from the worst. Patience is required with this kind of player, as Butler has reminded us several times.

Ego is the only thing keeping #5 in the lineup. 20 games in Powassan will bring him up to speed. They had no issue sending 16 y.o. Vescio down last year. GM/ coach / scouts won't allow a 1st rounder to not make the team. Bottom line, he's not ready.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A vet 2C is what's needed to help with Coe's development. With the right support, there is plenty of upside to his game. Adam McMaster just hasn't developed into that complete C and running the two of them together is just going to result in a lot of uneventful play. Having a guy down the middle who can drive the play would open up more space for his game to grow.

In all honesty, I prefer Adam McMaster on that top line LW spot to feed off the play of two far superior offensive players. It reduces his responsibility and it allows him to utilize his speed more effectively.

McMaster - Struthers - Brazeau
Chenier - OA - Coe
Caines - Peters - Postnov
Walker - Moncada - Brown
Forhan, Evans

I'm also not sure why they don't try Postnov on his off-wing. This is generally how Russians play overseas.

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
#OHL Trade tentatively done will see North Bay acquire a 3rd overage player. Not fully approved at last check.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Ego is the only thing keeping #5 in the lineup. 20 games in Powassan will bring him up to speed. They had no issue sending 16 y.o. Vescio down last year. GM/ coach / scouts won't allow a 1st rounder to not make the team. Bottom line, he's not ready.
LOL
7 games and the kid is done?
Give him til Jan 1 til you pass judgement. He's better now than Lyle was at the same age. Defense is the hardest skating position to make the jump to the OHL. Rose barely played last year and it was probably someone like yourself bitching that he wasn't playing enough. Fast forward a year and Rose is showing to be an effective defenceman at both ends of the rink and he played like 30 some games last year. Patience, impatient North Bay resident.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
TRADE: Sarnia trades Theo Calvas to North Bay for a 5th Round Pick ('20) & a 6th Round Pick ('22)
Thanks he is the one I expected when we got Cameron. I imagine the 2 OA D in the Soo are too rich for our blood. 9 D on the roster now, will be interesting to see what's next. Dun Dun Dunnnn
:popcorn:

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
LOL
7 games and the kid is done?
Give him til Jan 1 til you pass judgement. He's better now than Lyle was at the same age. Defense is the hardest skating position to make the jump to the OHL. Rose barely played last year and it was probably someone like yourself *****ing that he wasn't playing enough. Fast forward a year and Rose is showing to be an effective defenceman at both ends of the rink and he played like 30 some games last year. Patience, impatient North Bay resident.
I agree. He is showing more confidence each game. He will be a good player for us. I like that he tries to make a play, as opposed to blindly rimming it around the boards. 29 looked more comfortable as well.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
The problem is that the team isn't very good , so it exposes first year kids more , if he was playing for London he would have more room and support , while here in the Bay we play most of the game in our own end , which makes it double tough for a young D.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What do the pairings look like now? Dressing 7-8 D per game?
Cole-Calvas
King-Maier
Henderson/Rose/Schlueting/Mailhot/Vescio

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Cameron - Calvas
Rose - Maier
Vescio - Mailhot/Pacey/Henderson

King is the next move imo. First King then Forhan will be released after clearing waivers making 4 such unclaimed players released this year.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
seems to be an interesting log jam forming on the backend. Mailhot does nothing for me personally. Pacey would definitely benefit from 18 minutes a night on the voodoos but from my understanding it is a tough look for a mid first rounder to not be playing in the ohl... OHL practices are obviously a bonus but the <5 mins of playing time on some nights must be tough on him mentally/developmentally. Im not as low on King as others are but wouldnt be against moving him to open up some room on the back end for young d playing time.

Cameron-Calvas
Rose-Maier
King-henderson
Vescio

Swap in pacey for king if he were to be moved.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd hope they stick to proper L-R pairings.

Rose - Calvas
Henderson - Cameron
King/Schleuting - Maier
Vescio/Mailhot

I'd have to think there's a trade to be had somewhere. IMO the offense still needs a bit of work.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Where is Peters? Out for Jackson??
Struthers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->