North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
This is a disaster , lack of wins is one thing , but when your game plan is to shoot the puck away and hope to retrieve it , but never do , cause you don't have the speed/skill to get there and win a battle you are toast. The Petes playing their 2nd game on the road in less than 24 hours should be a team we beat all day , but they play a puck possession game , even though they are not much better than the Troops , but they DONT throw the puck away !
Gotta say I agree with you a lot more recently

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
This is a disaster , lack of wins is one thing , but when your game plan is to shoot the puck away and hope to retrieve it , but never do , cause you don't have the speed/skill to get there and win a battle you are toast. The Petes playing their 2nd game on the road in less than 24 hours should be a team we beat all day , but they play a puck possession game , even though they are not much better than the Troops , but they DONT throw the puck away !
And when they do lose it they chase it down rather than a big circle back and coast to the bench like our "best" players do. ie: Coe-st, Struthers and Big Braz.

Next year will be no better than what we are seeing now sadly.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Out played
Out worked
Out coached
Can't figure out why Bulter tweets about the Trappers winning there league championship and past players when the entire organization is crumbling in around him?

Reactions: Samee987

Battalion Fan

Oct 12, 2017
Went to the game today and I have to say Brazeau looks tired,defensive is terrible,lots of giveaways in our end,Propp plays a good game once and a while,followed up by several games that he couldn’t stop a beach ball.
If we make the playoffs,we are going to get smoked 4 straight in the first round.
Bottom line though!!!Stan Butler needs to be replaced,he has been behind the bench for to long,and it really is time for a change!!!We will never have a competitive team on the ice as long as he’s behind the bench.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Gotta feel bad for the 2 kids setting up the tank on the ice today, 1 doing his best and the other walking around doing not much of anything. Why wouldn’t the team push volunteering at high schools? Seems like it would be great idea or is good and easy ideas out of the question for this team, and fix the sound no wonder the dry walls cracking

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Text book backcheck by Calvis today. Doesn't hack, doesn't grab, doesn't whack. Just straight hussle, reaches around the player and checks the stick and takes the puck. Brilliant! Only to be whistled by referee Hamilton for hooking. The man was 6 feet away, how do you blow that!
OHL refs all think that they are Hero’s, love the attention in a game, it’s a shame to see some good hockey often ruined by brutal officiating

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
On another note. Is #5 more of a liability then #3 on D?? Who should we be developing?

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Throw #5 back on D and put #20 as a forward or in the press box
Butler is stubborn. He's going to force us to watch #20 for two more full seasons just to try to prove that Sarnia didn't dump a dud on us.

That said, do we have an OHL scout or do we always look back on notes from the players draft year?

Same guy who wanted McMaster and Forhan must have liked Henderson.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Throw #5 back on D and put #20 as a forward or in the press box
...I agree...20 has regressed..3 is not for this level...5 has potential...d did not have a great game except for 4....best game he has played..where was 19...and 21 is a giveaway machine...possession stops with him..

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Butler is stubborn. He's going to force us to watch #20 for two more full seasons just to try to prove that Sarnia didn't dump a dud on us.
Cross our fingers and hopes he learns how to pass to teammates instead of the opposition , not throw the puck infront of the net, hit the net with a shot and mighy as well throw skating in there too.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Great Twitter shout-out from our coach/GM for a couple former players who led their teams to championships recently.

Too bad his current team lavks leadership on the ice and in the room. He should be embarrassed with the team that HE and HE ALONE sends out on the ice.

Lose an important game like that and your Captain gets interviewed and talks about passing the 100 point mark. How about talking about how sad it is that this team is going to miss the playoffs and if they do make it, it will be for 4 games. They may only get 1000 fans for playoff games.

Sad state of affairs in North Bay.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Great Twitter shout-out from our coach/GM for a couple former players who led their teams to championships recently.

Too bad his current team lavks leadership on the ice and in the room. He should be embarrassed with the team that HE and HE ALONE sends out on the ice.

Lose an important game like that and your Captain gets interviewed and talks about passing the 100 point mark. How about talking about how sad it is that this team is going to miss the playoffs and if they do make it, it will be for 4 games. They may only get 1000 fans for playoff games.

In his defence his was just answering the questions he was asked but I see where you’re coming from

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
In his defence his was just answering the questions he was asked but I see where you’re coming from
A real leader would defer to the pathetic team results I'm certain.

Celebrate individual success in July. Body language tells me that 17 & 18 only care about their point totals trying to get contracts.

The leadership this year reminds me of the year we lost Bruce for the season and the wheels came off. We just didn't lose anyone this go around and we have only 6 wins since Jan 12 to go along with 17 losses.

Something happened post trade deadline as it seems to be exactly when the wheels fell off the train.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

Don't be so hard on JB17, we have to celebrate something this year. You don't know how he is in the room. When someone asks you a question, you answer it. He's had a great season on a sad-sack team.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Don't be so hard on JB17, we have to celebrate something this year. You don't know how he is in the room. When someone asks you a question, you answer it. He's had a great season on a sad-sack team.
Rather than winning it seems most fans and everyone to do with the team cares more about his record setting season than team success. NHL brass are obviously seeing something they don't like as well.

I believe he was told to come back to the OHL and dominate but I think they forgot to tell him they mentioned at both ends of the rink. His sidekick #18 dogged it back on defense on the 3rd Pete's goal, a late one in the 2nd to tie the game going in to the 3rd period.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..on a related note..tell me the Midget, banner winning Trappers had no goal announcements..no presentation ceremony you could hear...hollering out the 50/50 numbers.....because of the way Battalion run the Gardens...if I am right that goes against community outreach by the team...if they need cash flow that bad they will not renew a 15 yr lease

Reactions: View from section 9

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..on a related note..tell me the Midget, banner winning Trappers had no goal announcements..no presentation ceremony you could hear...hollering out the 50/50 numbers.....because of the way Battalion run the Gardens...if I am right that goes against community outreach by the team...if they need cash flow that bad they will not renew a 15 yr lease
and I like OHL hockey a lot..going to games for 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad