North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
With all that has been made available this does appear the most likely scenario IMO
Adam Mcmaster (2000 born, 13th overall pick in 2016 OHL draft)
For
Mitchell Russell (2001 born, 20th overall pick in the 2017 OHL draft)
Similar size too

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Not that I know anything but I am thinking its going to be a player a lot of fans don't expect.

Coe might make the most sense but I get a feeling it might be Rose or McMaster.

We shall see. Either way, love trading with NB. One of my favorite teams to watch outside of my own.

So it looks like Russell for McMaster.

Wonder if any picks will be involved.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Adam McMaster spotted in OS today.

yea id say that all but confirms it. If its a straight swap 1 for 1 North Bay takes a hit the remainder of the year (barring a Struthers like transformation from MR) but potentially benefit in later years with more service time available from Russell. Lots will determine on whether or not players take the next step on their new teams. Happy for both.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
yea id say that all but confirms it. If its a straight swap 1 for 1 North Bay takes a hit the remainder of the year (barring a Struthers like transformation from MR) but potentially benefit in later years with more service time available from Russell. Lots will determine on whether or not players take the next step on their new teams. Happy for both.

I think Russell is a decent player.

Todd Gill is just a terrible coach.

Really hope he can figure it out in NB.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
This is good news. The last of the picks from what is our worst draft result since relocation.

Like Forhan, McMaster was never going to live up to the expectations of a 1st rounder. Lots of really really good players drafted after he and Forhan.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Attack board says MacMaster there skating today...not Russel...kinda glad it is not Coe...still have hopes for him..
If another veteran body is moved out (JB) I think there will be more pressure on Coe and the young bunch to produce night in and night out, hopefully he explodes rather than implodes. Still lots of runway for the kid but the team is apparently working to remove all excuses from the equation

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Since arriving in North Bay,

2013 1st round pick McKenzie - traded
2013 2nd round pick Baird - traded

2014 1st round pick Poirier - traded
2014 2nd round pick Sherman - released

2015 1st round pick Lyle - traded
2015 3rd round pick Ball - released

2016 1st round pick - McMaster - traded
2016 2nd round pick Forhan - released

Not a very good track record on how to build a winner. Look over your shoulder Brandon Coe!!

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
we passed on...serron noel..daylon groulx...liam foudy..france garreaus son I believe....Curtis douglas...kevin bahl...

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Since arriving in North Bay,

2013 1st round pick McKenzie - traded
2013 2nd round pick Baird - traded

2014 1st round pick Poirier - traded
2014 2nd round pick Sherman - released

2015 1st round pick Lyle - traded
2015 3rd round pick Ball - released

2016 1st round pick - McMaster - traded
2016 2nd round pick Forhan - released

Not a very good track record on how to build a winner. Look over your shoulder Brandon Coe!!
...some of our top drafts are released..cannot even be traded for assets...ouch!

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Agreed that evaluating young players is more of an art than a science but the scouts for this organization should really consider another line of work. Their track record really sucks.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Blinn..our N ONt scout..missed on a few that sag found...next trade should be for scouts
Blinn didn't miss anything , Butler and only Butler is to blame , he submits his grocery list (Tall, no skill, no hockey sense, and skating would be an asset but not that important) to his scouts , they send in reports all season , the only players that the scouts get some say is about round 6 and on . Draft day is on Butler and until he is gone not a thing will change .

Reactions: Olden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad