North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Stan butlers system of hockey is out dated i agree. We need some fresh perspective. The game has changed stan did he not notice.

Reactions: Uncle

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Stan butlers system of hockey is out dated i agree.
I don't disagree with you but as much as the game changes, it remains the same. The game at all levels has moved to a fast paced, offense dominated strategy; however, to win in the playoffs you must have modicum of defense.
If Stan is to be criticized it should be on the over emphasis of defensive structure that kills the creative spirit of players.
There is a reason he has only missed the playoffs a couple of times in his long coaching career.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wow. Nothing says rebuild like an 18 point/92 game forward. Good luck Adam. You're next JB17.
The value is in the extra year of team control. Even at age 18, McMaster is a guy who struggles in the defensive aspects of the game and didn't really have the ability to impact the game positively on his own. The return of Luke Burghardt made moving him a bit easier this season.

True though, we should probably expect a Brazeau move in the coming week or so with Russell being a right shot forward.

Reactions: Uncle

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
The value is in the extra year of team control. Even at age 18, McMaster is a guy who struggles in the defensive aspects of the game and didn't really have the ability to impact the game positively on his own. The return of Luke Burghardt made moving him a bit easier this season.

True though, we should probably expect a Brazeau move in the coming week or so with Russell being a right shot forward.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Mitch Russel wastes no time getting his first, a very nice shot top shelf on the power play. Good to see!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Good win in the 1st game back with Stan back behind the bench. On a side note thank god OHL Live had the game for free that broadcast was absolutely awful

LuciferNB

Dec 29, 2018
Yes good thing it was free to watch, someone should teach them there is a zoom on those cameras. It was like watching ants play, no sound for a good portion of the game. I will never pay to watch a Sudbury feed. Nice that Propp was not a liability tonight.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Yeah the games was... must have been training some kids how to use the equipment from university or high school. I bet thats why it was free.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yes good thing it was free to watch, someone should teach them there is a zoom on those cameras. It was like watching ants play, no sound for a good portion of the game. I will never pay to watch a Sudbury feed. Nice that Propp was not a liability tonight.
Yep. It looked like an old nineties film bootleg. I'm sure I would've heard someone chomping on their popcorn if the sound was on. :laugh: I can't believe they're charging people for that quality of product.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yep. It looked like an old nineties film bootleg. I'm sure I would've heard someone chomping on their popcorn if the sound was on. :laugh: I can't believe they're charging people for that quality of product.
Normally Eastlink does the broadcast and they do a pretty good job. They were off last night so what you got was essentially just a stationary media camera with the audio from the radio guys. Same thing happens in the Soo and Mississauga.

Reactions: belair

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Normally Eastlink does the broadcast and they do a pretty good job. They were off last night so what you got was essentially just a stationary media camera with the audio from the radio guys. Same thing happens in the Soo and Mississauga.
...those were the radio guys...like real radio?????????

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I've got the away pkg, the quality ranges from fairly decent, to looking thru wax paper.

It changes throughout the broadcast sometimes.

I suppose it is better than nothing ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->