North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I've got the away pkg, the quality ranges from fairly decent, to looking thru wax paper.

It changes throughout the broadcast sometimes.

I suppose it is better than nothing ...
The OHL has a very limited fan base beyond the confines of the home arena. Most fans don't approach the game like we do so I don't see many media groups looking to invest a lot into high end tv coverage. You are correct, we are lucky to get anything for some games.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
On the Battalion home page there are write ups after each game. At the bottom is a piece called 'Battalion Bullets'. In it they list facts such as "Brazeaus goal was his 100th of his career tying him with, for example, Raffi Torres for 5th place". Is there a database with this info? Career leaders for goals/assists/pim...etc? Anybody know?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
On the Battalion home page there are write ups after each game. At the bottom is a piece called 'Battalion Bullets'. In it they list facts such as "Brazeaus goal was his 100th of his career tying him with, for example, Raffi Torres for 5th place". Is there a database with this info? Career leaders for goals/assists/pim...etc? Anybody know?
Probably HockeyDB

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Highlight of the night definitely the Chenier goal. All 5 players touched the puck in succession from a face-off win of all things and rolling in to that beautiful set play.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Attack fan here. Russell is a good kid. Was never really given a chance here. Stuck on 4th line, limited ice time, no real line mates. I hope he works out in North Bay, and wish him all the best!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Things seem to be coming easier for the troops lately, management has made a few solid moves. Players seem to be playing in their proper slots in the lineup which could also be a big factor.

Russell and Caines have proven to be good puck hounds and have given us some rare scoring depth. Its still not about this year as beating Barrie and a Sudbury team without UPL isnt much to brag about but it has gotten me a little more excited about the near future.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Okay NB fans. I have read, as usual, a lot of negative on this Board so, seeing as how your team is on a five game winning streak, how about taking a Monday afternoon and supporting your team. For the most part they are young, work hard and almost all will be back next year. An exciting future plus some good ones waiting to crack the lineup next year. Go Bats Go!!

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Your group might be figuring it out just in time for the second half of the season. Propp played well on Friday, team was committed to their zone and the forward group is hard to knock off the puck. Hope you have a sellout today

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Interesting dilemma for North Bay coaches and management:
- With the way the team is playing now and how they're moving up, do they risk all these improvements in the short term and break the team up (by trading the likes of Brazeau, Burghardt and Propp-esp. Brazeau, who with the year he's having, could fetch a king's ransom) in favour of longer term success?

- Or, do they stay the course with the players they have now and take a chance that the group of players "as is" is going to continue to improve and make an impact in the playoffs *now* - but take a greater chance on long term success as a consequence?

On a positive note, loving how the team is playing as of late. Primeau has been a great pick up, and Mitchell Russell is certainly looking that way over his first two games in Green. The way I see it, part of the change to a winning culture starts with a fan base. I've heard a lot of negative too about the Battalion lately, and how people won't be going to the games because the team isn't a "winner" on the level of a London or Ottawa. Getting *that* far is a process - people need to understand that building to that point takes time and patience from everyone involved. Me, I'd love to go to more games than I do - work and school commitments keep me from attending more than the weekend home games I paid for in my ticket package. These kids come to our city at 16 and 17 years old - many of them far from home for the first time. They're big, they're talented...but in the end, they *are* still kids. Positivity is a building block to success - short OR long term.

There needs to be MORE of it in North Bay.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
6 in a row ever exciting! Though to answer some questions posted, this fan would still like to see the big fish moved for a "kings ransom" but will not be devastated if it doesn't happen as he means a lot to this team and fan base. Its looking more like a win/win than a few weeks ago, stay and continue making magic down the stretch or move for a real shot at a title and help the Battalion next year/years to come.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
I always though they did better as a big, physical team with speed, and not necessarily a team of pure ice-burners with skill....you know - the type of team (like Philly or Nashville) where you go into their barn and your life is made a living Hell. Aside from neutering the Wolves in two straight (which is always fun, let's face it...;) ) given that the Battalion are one of the hottest teams in the league at this point - who would people see as a possible target for Stan at the deadline to make them even better? If I remember correctly, he's got some picks to play with to put together a potential deal...

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Even if we make the playoffs, it is 1st round and out (again) . Don't be fooled by the wins against the Wolves who are with out their tender , and Barrie who just plain bad . We have no chance in a 7 game series vs a top team in the East . That said making the playoffs will have short term gratification , but to build a real winner , you must sell now and focus on the next 2 years . The pain of losing Braz will be long forgotten in a deep playoff run 2 years from now.

Reactions: Uncle

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I always though they did better as a big, physical team with speed, and not necessarily a team of pure ice-burners with skill....you know - the type of team (like Philly or Nashville) where you go into their barn and your life is made a living Hell. Aside from neutering the Wolves in two straight (which is always fun, let's face it...;) ) given that the Battalion are one of the hottest teams in the league at this point - who would people see as a possible target for Stan at the deadline to make them even better? If I remember correctly, he's got some picks to play with to put together a potential deal...
Sorry , you don't try and go for it with a team that is fighting for their playoff lives , even if they have won 10 straight .

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Even if we make the playoffs, it is 1st round and out (again) . Don't be fooled by the wins against the Wolves who are with out their tender , and Barrie who just plain bad . We have no chance in a 7 game series vs a top team in the East . That said making the playoffs will have short term gratification , but to build a real winner , you must sell now and focus on the next 2 years . The pain of losing Braz will be long forgotten in a deep playoff run 2 years from now.
I don't like questioning The Prophet. I like your posts in N. Bay. But I actually think your team has picked up enough assets to injure a top team in the first round. I say this because you have yet to shorten your bench. The NB coaching staff is playing everyone. The Battalion are very concerned about their blue-line. This will soon go to Calvas, King, Rose and a 4th. Sorry, but 5, 29 and 20 are not good enough down the stretch. Also, in the process, you have picked up really great players. Mitch Russell is a steal. He never got the attention he deserves in OS. I am happy he has put up some points. He is looking great in NB. I watched your game today on the Sports Pack. Mitch is a good kid that was under-utilized by the OS coaching staff. Gill loses a good one here. The OS scouts had it right. The OS coaching staff "blew it". And the same can be said for other Attack players you picked up for a cheap price. Struthers, Cameron and King are (or have) added a lot to the mix in North Bay. Your team is on an up-swing. Be happy that Stan is back behind the bench. Criticize him all you want about being an old-school styled coach, but Stan gets it. Good luck in the 2nd half.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
When they played here, Butler could have gotten good returns for Barclay Goodrow, Nick Paul and Mike Amadio. He kept them all. Odds are he will keep JB as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->