North American Hockey Association - Trade Thread

bov

Nov 13, 2010
:stars are looking for a few more pieces.

Send me a PM if you are willing to trade either a forward or d-man for a 2nd round pick. I'm not looking for Lidstrom or Ovechkin, but at the same time I'm not interested in a Matt Walker or Jason Strudwick.

(I have not inquired about the above players, nor have I been offered them. They are simply examples.

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Aw, very funny. The injury report isn't even out on him yet! I now part of Kovalev and his terrible contract!

FYI, Kovalev is back in under a week. If it was any longer term, I would have said so, but there is absolutely no reason to assume he's not on track. As a matter of fact, the coach said he was slightly ahead of schedule today.

The trade has been confirmed:

To :sens

TJ Brennan

To :sabres

Filip Kuba

Confirmed. When approached for comment, the Senators GM was flabbergasted to learn Filip Kuba still knew how to play hockey, and the trade was met with loud cheers by Senators fans across the nation.

In all sincerity, Ottawa wishes him the best of luck in Buffalo and is excited to have received as solid a defense prospect as TJ Brennan in return.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
:stars trade Buffalo's 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft to :canes in exchange for Ian White and Nicholas Blanchard.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yet another trade to announce:

:wings
Alex Kovalev

:sens
Jan Mursak

While the Senators regret losing an occasional offensive dynamo in Alex Kovalev, we feel he will be best served playing for a Cup in Detroit with fellow Russians Pavel Datsyuk and Jiri Hudler, in addition to former teammate Chris Phillips. When approached to waive his no-trade clause, reports are that the sound of laughter could be heard for a half hour solid, followed by something that sounded like "about damn time. Hell yes."

Ottawa believes Mursak has extremely high upside and, as such, this deal was a no-brainer.

EDIT TO ADD: Unless anyone is interested in trading a salary dump and a 1st round pick for junk, Ottawa is done with trading.

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
Columbus is looking for a few more deals to make our offense a little better. Depth players and youth is great send your offers.

Also looking to part with Voracek but the offer has to be good.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
:wild

Havlat **
Burns**
Barker*
Bouchard
Backstrom**
Madden
Koivu***
Nystrom
Brodziak

Could all be had. * = Harder to get.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:ducks

Joffrey Lupul is gaining interest from a few different teams and will likely be dealt in the next day or so. Get your offers in.

Jason Blake is also available and I will package a pick with him to shed him.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
:stars are shopping a 2nd round pick, and will take the best offer as long as it's a winger (preferrably RW). Will add Gagnon if necessary.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Probably have 2-3 deals coming down the pipes. Willing to take on a big contract if these deals go through.

Visnovsky still avaible, as is Andy Sutton and Paul Mara.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Jason Blake
3rd round pick

:sens
Erik Condra

Sens are pleased to be getting a draft pick and a player who, while overpaid, is still productive enough to score and be a roster player.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Big trade to announce

The Washington Capitals have aquired Christian Ehrhoff, as well as a 3rd in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, in exchange for John Erskine, Dmirtri Kugryshev, Dmitri Orlov, and a 2011 first round pick. It was a steep price to pay for a soon to be UFA, but we believe he could push us over the top. With our prospect depth, replacing the pick and two great prospects will not be too hard.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
:wild

lupul-joffrey-392-cp-080721.jpg

ACQUIRE LUPUL

Are proud to announce the arrival of Joffrey Lupul. His grit, and determined game play is just what our top line needs. The departure of Miettenen and Brodziak will hurt our lines a tad bit, but nothing a few signings or another trade won't fix! We wish them the best, as they start their new career in Anaheim.​

Final Trade

Antti Miettenen
Kyle Brodziak
2nd round pick

For

Joffrey Lupul

Last edited:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Why not? Miettenen is UFA this year, Lupul has 3 more years... Brodziak has 1 more year, and the 2nd is bonus IMO...

CR15

Feb 15, 2010
Windsor
Have to go to work but if anyone wants Jovocop to anchor their D for a cup run he is willing to waive to go to a contender big cap hit so will take back salary to fit him in..

send any offers will respond tommorow

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Why not? Miettenen is UFA this year, Lupul has 3 more years... Brodziak has 1 more year, and the 2nd is bonus IMO...

Lupul is also over payed which diminishes his value, and injury prone which also diminishes his value. Did you see what Simon Gagne got in the offseason? Lupul should not fetch much more in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad