OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Klay is hurting too and still looks amazing. A healthy GS team with Durant beats the Raps easily. Raps would be lucky to win 1 game, it wouldn't even be close.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Bought my daughter one last year. 99% sure I'll relent and get one myself soon.

White noise season has begun...

I try to keep the ac unit out for as long as possible you get used to that soothing white noise hum. Feels too quiet when it goes for the season.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Klay is hurting too and still looks amazing. A healthy GS team with Durant beats the Raps easily. Raps would be lucky to win 1 game, it wouldn't even be close.

I think a fully healthy raptors team takes at least one game against them and probably more. The raptors best players have all been banged up as well and they’ve matched up very well against GS the past few years. It wouldn’t be a blow out.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
A healthy Cavs team would’ve beat that GS team a few years ago (I think it was the 2015 championship year).
Absolutely both Kyrie and Love were hurt that year.

LeBron took them 6 games and should have won finals mvp despite playing on the losing side.

But that was the Warriors before they added KD who in my view is a top 10 player ever.

Reactions: Hit the post

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I try to keep the ac unit out for as long as possible you get used to that soothing white noise hum. Feels too quiet when it goes for the season.
I honestly can't stand that. I hate the sound of fans. But I also hate being hot. My wife and I are very, very white. Between the two of us we've got Irish, Scottish, English, German, Norwegian, Ukranian and Italian genes all duking it out for which one gets to create the palest skin. My wife actually does have a dash of Cree in there somewhere...but you'd never know to look at her. We're both basically whiter than liquid paper. Physically we're like mushrooms. We like it cool, dark, and preferably moist. Used to be a real beach bum in the summer when I was a kid but that didn't last.

But getting back to my original point, my favourite part of having a fan is turning it off.

Reactions: Zombotron

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That was an epic ending, Danny Green almost blew it with the dumbest turnover I’ve ever seen before in NBA

Don’t care if the team is Toronto based, I like Lowry and Kwahi as players. Congradulation

It’s hilarious that the league tried so hard to give the Warriors one last shot with 0.9 S left

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
That was an epic ending, Danny Green almost blew it with the dumbest turnover I’ve ever seen before in NBA

Don’t care if the team is Toronto based, I like Lowry and Kwahi as players. Congratulation

It’s hilarious that the league tried so hard to give the Warriors one last shot with 0.9 S left

That was a helluva series.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I am confused. A team comprised of Americans situated in Toronto = Canada's team? The franchise is geographically Canadian but I could give a rats ass about this being a "Canadian result."

Also **** the NBA. The Grizzlies being set to fail is a reason why I will never support the NBA.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I am confused. A team comprised of Americans situated in Toronto = Canada's team? The franchise is geographically Canadian but I could give a rats ass about this being a "Canadian result."

Also **** the NBA. The Grizzlies being set to fail is a reason why I will never support the NBA.
There are Canadian Raptors fans all over Canada, some of them are Torontonian, some of them aren’t. It’s also the only Canadian based NBA team, it’s just an easy marketing strategy

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Basketball popularity is gonna grow through out the country because of the Raptors whether you like it or not.
A new NBA team in Vancouver isn the a long dream

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’ll have to admit that I have a very mixed reaction to seeing the Raptors win.

On the one hand, it’s awesome to see so many of my countrymen happy. While this doesn’t compare to the 92/93 Blue Jays or the 2010 Olympics, seeing so many of my countrymen happy is wonderful.

Here’s the thing that bugs me however, and here’s the thing that, if I had to do it all over again, would have never been a Blue Jays fan (or support any Toronto based sports team) growing up to begin with (and would opted for the Seattle Mariners).

The level of respect that Canadians are showing Toronto and the Raptors would not be reciprocated in my opinion.......especially as it relates to Vancouver.

After having lived in Toronto for four years, I’m very certain that if the situation was reversed (ie If Toronto didn’t have a team and the Vancouver Grizzlies were in the finals), Toronto would NOT be supporting us in the name of Canada.

I’ll throw you another “opposite” situation:

If Vancouver and Buffalo had MLB teams instead of Toronto and Seattle, I’m convinced that 90-95% of Torontonians would support Buffalo over Vancouver.

June 15th 2011 has also changed my perception in terms of how I much I want to cheer other Canadian cities in the name of Canada.

So yeah - I’m very happy that so many of my countrymen are happy today, but also don’t feel that these obligatory feelings of Patriotism (if you want to call it that) would be reciprocated by Torontonians. Given what happened in 2011, I’m not even entirely sure if a Vancouver based basketball team would receive the support from other Canadians either.

If Vancouver is the red headed step child of Canada (if 2011 proved anything), then why should I give a f*** about the Raptors winning? Or offer my support in any way?

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

I don’t think GS would beat the Raptors “easily” with a healthy Durant, but I do agree that GS would win (I would say in 7).

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

The Grizzlies were set to fail just as the Montreal Expos were set to fail. Does Toronto really care about any other Canadian city other than themselves?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t think GS would beat the Raptors “easily” with a healthy Durant, but I do agree that GS would win (I would say in 7).

So give GS a healthy Durant and they win....in 7???? They pushed this to 6 with a banged up Klay and no KD. They would win in 5 with both healthy, max.

Reactions: WTG and DFAC

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
So give GS a healthy Durant and they win....in 7???? They pushed this to 6 with a banged up Klay and no KD. They would win in 5 with both healthy, max.

As much as I hate to admit this, the Raptors had a damn good team this year. Their regular season record was even better than that of GS’s. I’d only give GS the slight advantage due to past playoff experience.

But yeah - even with a fully healthy GS, they would’ve been pushed hard by the Raptors imo.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As much as I hate to admit this, the Raptors had a damn good team this year. Their regular season record was even better than that of GS’s. I’d only give GS the slight advantage due to past playoff experience.

But yeah - even with a fully healthy GS, they would’ve been pushed hard by the Raptors imo.

Meh, I don't think so. KD made an impact in his short stint in this series at like 20% health. Klay was quite clearly banged up too. Raps won in 6, add those two guys at full health into this series and I don't see it being too close. I think it's more impressive GS pushed the Raps as far as they did, given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad