OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Ok the Raptors sparked a passion in me ( which will probably die off by the third game next season ) but keeping the passion alive.....pretending that Vancouver gets an NBA team.... what would they be called

I’m gonna keep with the dinosaur themed Canadian teams and say
The Megladons

Lame yes but what do you guys think

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Ok the Raptors sparked a passion in me ( which will probably die off by the third game next season ) but keeping the passion alive.....pretending that Vancouver gets an NBA team.... what would they be called

I’m gonna keep with the dinosaur themed Canadian teams and say
The Megladons

Lame yes but what do you guys think

The runner up name to the "Grizzlies" in the 90's was the 'Vancouver Dragons.' That would make sense to me, or the 'Vancouver Lions.'

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Have had various ones over the years. There's never been a stickied tourism thread for reasons that have never been apparent to me.

But ask away, we shall answer.

I'm coming for the draft. What are the best Canucks bars to go to? Other than hockey bars, what are some good night spots? We are staying on Granville.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'm coming for the draft. What are the best Canucks bars to go to? Other than hockey bars, what are some good night spots? We are staying on Granville.
"Canucks bars"? Those aren't a thing. For old school hockey dives, don't miss the Roxy on Granville. Yeah, for some reason that's been the biggest meat market in town for generations. Beyond that...I'm old and boring. Google would be more help than me in that regard. All my favourite nightclubs closed decades ago.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The power of social media, OJ Simpson now has over 300,000 followers on Twitter yet he only follows 8 accounts.

1 being the Buffalo Bills, as if Buffalo isn't cursed enough :laugh:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
This is what pisses me off. I know I should hate all Toronto teams forever after 2011 but have been brainwashed because of how easy their teams are to follow.

Ease is still a better reason.

I always liked to find a connection to a team, and for some sports it was as easy as my dad being a fan, and now I look back cherish those memories. Or in hockey, I really don't have a second favorite team. I have teams I have a hard time cheering for or liking (leafs, boston...) then it is liking teams for players style and who knows.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
June 17th, 1994:

la-me-ln-20-years-ago-oj-simpson-chase-20140617

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
June 17th, 1994:

la-me-ln-20-years-ago-oj-simpson-chase-20140617

So overblown. So tedious. You young'uns don't really know what it was like in those days. Suddenly all...30? 40? channels on my tv had that on them. You couldn't get away from it, you really couldn't. And at its core, all that really happened was an actor and retired football player killed his wife and her boyfriend. That's really all it was. Not to understate the gravity of the crime, but far worse things pass with barely any acknowledgement every day both down south and up here. Instead it became a referendum on race in the US with a very unworthy recipient. Because OJ really is a giant piece of shit as a human being.

member 290103

LOL. Kawhi Leonard watching the Jays...............play the Anaheim Angels, filming Mike Trout's AB. Hmmmm......

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
I came here for a visitor question. Don’t make fun of me now.... but I live in Phoenix and if you want to go to a coyotes game you can roll up last minute and pay $30 sometimes less and you’re in.

I know it’s not that way up there, but if I was to visit the area and want to go to a game, I know I’ll likely have to buy well in advance and pay a lot more. How fast do the games sell out? Should I buy as soon as the schedule comes out?

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I came here for a visitor question. Don’t make fun of me now.... but I live in Phoenix and if you want to go to a coyotes game you can roll up last minute and pay $30 sometimes less and you’re in.

I know it’s not that way up there, but if I was to visit the area and want to go to a game, I know I’ll likely have to buy well in advance and pay a lot more. How fast do the games sell out? Should I buy as soon as the schedule comes out?

These days it’s not to bad depending on who you are seeing and if it’s mid week vs weekend should be lots available on stub hub lower than face value.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

I used to live a block from the arena and unless it's the Leafs or Habs in town I could buy a ticket on Stubhub for $25 half an hour before the game.

And that was two years ago so it's probably gotten even easier since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad