OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
For the past year, I've been doing some cost cutting at retail to save a few bucks.
Now that I'm in a better situation financially, I'm still doing the trends.

I've managed to buy clothing and shoes at cheaper prices.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I've always wanted to own a dog and name him after a Canuck. He's a very good boy.
I've got a great dog name picked out for when I get a dog, named after a Canuck, and I ain't telling.

Bo is good too. My brother's next dog he says is going to be Gino.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Sorry for the delay guys!

Are you in the private or public sector?
No, public sector.

Also not a contracted worker.

I don't have experience in this specific scenario, but I work for an employee-owned company, meaning the company is fully owned by the employees. Every year we have an opportunity to buy shares in the company, and it has been a pretty damn good rate of return since I started. But I digress...

That sounds like something that should be in writing and/or in your contract. If the company has mentioned it but hasn't done anything to commit to it, that sounds a little fishy. Is it like stock options in lieu of raises or other benefits?

Unfortunately like I mentioned, we’re not contracted workers so it’s not in writing anywhere. It does sound similar to your experience & not really in lieu of raises but more of an incentive for workers to work hard & grow the company. We’re small... like 6 employees & ownership.

I’m not sure if it’s fishy or not, as ownership are good people & treat us great. I’m just wondering how long it should take.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Ok, ok, settled down Huttsy.

I don't have any knowledge on your exact situation. I'd just ask them again, unless of course it's been like a week since you last discussed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad