OT: Non Ski Resort Thread. | OT in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Being a raptors fan helps me realize how inept our management team is. Top three front office, elite coaching staff, real depth, great player relations, elite player development and scouting, great marketing - just top notch in every aspect.
Ah but we've got THE drafting expert. Don't need managers when you've got Jim Benning hit home runs with all his picks.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Any of you guys have experience or suggestions for passing kidney stones?

Just got discharged from a very long morning at the hospital and have a fun few days ahead of me from the sounds of it

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
I dont know, but this one is pretty far down the tract and the doc wanted me to try to pass it, it is about half the size of when they consider operations I guess
Yeah I only suggested that as I found it to be pretty much painless (at least for me) and I'm a wuss.

It didn't work for me and they up sticking a mini laser up you know where.

I'm not sure what nonmedical things you can do (as by the time my stones were diagnosed, they were too big to pass). Maybe drink alot of fluids? It will most likely hurt like heck (closest comparable is pain from child birth) when you do pass it. Still a better option than what I had to go thru. Best of luck with you.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Here's a tip if you end up having to take that little laser up the penis, when the procedure is done, your first few 'voids' may feel very painful. I actually found urinating in the shower with very warm water on your penis helps dull the pain. Course that was my experience, yours might be different.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Now this is more what I'm looking for in this thread.
Another cool thing is that you get to “supersize” your food portions if you’re a patient in a hospital for a number of days. Unless of course, you’re subject to food restrictions due to medical reasons.

A not so cool thing? It’s ‘hospital food’.:laugh: “Check-in” to a hospital to lose weight!

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Hi Everybody (Hi Doctor Nick!)

I’ll begin by saying I’m very new to this concept so I am coming in blind but:

On average, how long should it take a small company to get things sorted out to have shares for their employees?

The company I work said they’d do this & would give employees shares in the company... but its been forever. Just trying to figure out if it’s a standard wait time or if they’re dragging their feet?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Any of you guys have experience or suggestions for passing kidney stones?

Just got discharged from a very long morning at the hospital and have a fun few days ahead of me from the sounds of it
hula hooping.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

On average, how long should it take a small company to get things sorted out to have shares for their employees?

The company I work said they’d do this & would give employees shares in the company... but its been forever. Just trying to figure out if it’s a standard wait time or if they’re dragging their feet?

Are you in the private or public sector?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

What does your contract say?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

I don't have experience in this specific scenario, but I work for an employee-owned company, meaning the company is fully owned by the employees. Every year we have an opportunity to buy shares in the company, and it has been a pretty damn good rate of return since I started. But I digress...

That sounds like something that should be in writing and/or in your contract. If the company has mentioned it but hasn't done anything to commit to it, that sounds a little fishy. Is it like stock options in lieu of raises or other benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad