Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The org is very high on Robertson. Also, with Lowrie struggling the way he is at the plate this season, it's very possible the A's could get him to re-sign for 2 years at a decent rate while Robertson progresses

I didn't know you were an A's fan. You should post in thr baseball forum sometime.

Been a fan since I can remember. My dad was a huge Reggie fan so he got into the A's during the dynasty years. So I grew up with the bash brothers.

We seemed to be the only A's fans where I lived as a kid. Basically everyone was a Yankees or Red Sox fan. I'd always get weird looks when I would tell people my team was the A's. It's not much better now as I live in Angels territory but it's definitely great to see a good amount of A's fans each time I go out to Angel stadium when the two teams play

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Been a fan since I can remember. My dad was a huge Reggie fan so he got into the A's during the dynasty years. So I grew up with the bash brothers.

We seemed to be the only A's fans where I lived as a kid. Basically everyone was a Yankees or Red Sox fan. I'd always get weird looks when I would tell people my team was the A's

Nice. Those Bash brothers years were good times.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Nice. Those Bash brothers years were good times.

they sure were

i've still never seen a team absolutely dominate baseball over a 3-4 year stretch like those A's teams. Late 90's Yankees come close but those A's teams had everything going for them. Pitching, Power, Speed, Defense, you name it. Those teams should have won more than 1 world series title

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
they sure were

i've still never seen a team absolutely dominate baseball over a 3-4 year stretch like those A's teams. Late 90's Yankees come close but those A's teams had everything going for them. Pitching, Power, Speed, Defense, you name it. Those teams should have won more than 1 world series title

I still don't understand how they got dominated by vastly inferior Reds and Dodgers teams.

But, as I said before, baseball is the biggest crapshoot sport out of all the multi-game sports. Just so much randomness can happen in a 5 or 7 game series.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They're winning but Romo needs to be benched. Constant hanging sliders and he's never fooling anyone.

That's why you have to have more than 2 pitches. Even the best pitchers have a pitch they struggle with at times, and if you only have 2, players just sit on the other and react on the hangers.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That's why you have to have more than 2 pitches. Even the best pitchers have a pitch they struggle with at times, and if you only have 2, players just sit on the other and react on the hangers.

Romo is getting into Felix Rodriguez territory.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
A's have now given up 4 runs total in their last 5 games.

Thanks to my team's offense going dead cold for the past 3 weeks, pressing with the "HR or die trying" approach, and having scrubs like Mastroianni, Glenn, and Reimold starting and our 2nd best hitter injured and our best hitter not at 100%.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Thanks to my team's offense going dead cold for the past 3 weeks, pressing with the "HR or die trying" approach, and having scrubs like Mastroianni, Glenn, and Reimold starting and our 2nd best hitter injured and our best hitter not at 100%.

Toronto tears.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Romo is getting into Felix Rodriguez territory.
He was actually very good from age 26-31.

But, he gave up a lot of hr's.

Still have to throw the ball by them and the A's have.

Moss is playing with a sprained ankle. Donaldson has a sore back. Coco Crisp has had neck problems all year. Norris has a sore back and Cespedes has on and off hamstring issues. I think just about every team is dealing with injuries or hurt players playing through them.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Oakland councilman says A's could move to San Antonio or Montreal

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...says-as-could-move-to-san-antonio-or-montreal

Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid says he doesn't believe the A's are bluffing in their threat to leave the city if they don't get a 10-year lease extension at the Coliseum, and he pointed to a pair of possible destinations — Montreal and San Antonio, Texas.

Reid said that was the word he got from the Coliseum Authority negotiators who have been working for the past 14 months to try to reach an A's lease extension.

“They have options,'' Reid said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad