Proposal: Non- Rental top centre to Montreal

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
When the Lightning knocked Montreal out of the playoffs in 2015 Killorn had five points in six games. Guess that "overpaid bottom 6er" was just too good for the Canadiens.;):laugh:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So, knowing that, why would Habs have to add ANYTHING to Sergachyev in order to get Little if his value is lower AND he<s a UFA in 1.5year?

Juulsen (top4D) + a 1st is a really fair offer for a guy like Little. Sergachyev holds just as much value as Little if we compare it to a similar deal...

Johansen holds more value then Little (now and at the time of the deal)
Jones has a little more upside then Sergachyev had at the time.

Sergachev has nowhere close to the same value as Jones had at that point.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
:laugh::shakehead He would second on your team in goals right now. Frankly I wouldn't trade him to Montreal and especially not for the collection of garbage Habs fans are always offering around here.

Wow he has 1 more goal than friggin Byron.:laugh:

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Hudon and SHerbak aren't thrash. Not because our team want them in the farm team to get proper development that they are thrash...

And let's be honnest here...

Larsson (3-4D) was traded for TAYLOR HALL (prob top3 LWer in the NHL). Leafs won't get a better D-man then LArsson for 1.5years of JVR. No matter how you see it, the market for young top4D was SET by that trade. KNOW, any GM will ask for a similar return for their young D. JVR doesn't hold that kind of value. JVR, if traded, will notch a RHD prospect (ala Juulsen) and a 1st/2nd

Hall was precieved in the same light as Kessel if you believe the talk around the NHL. Second JVR at 4.25 Vs. Hall at 6 for similar production is very good value. Second your not locked into a guy forever.

Plus every Habs fans is saying what a great RHD Juulsen is and that he is a top 4 material so why are you adding another 1st.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Wow he has 1 more goal than friggin Byron.:laugh:

So if Killorn is a "bottom 6er" what does that make your entire forward corps aside from Pacioretty? Your fellow poster already showed his complete ignorance when it comes to Killorn - are you really going to follow in his footsteps?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Ryan Johansen was traded for Seth Jones. You can argue Jones and Sergachev have similar potential but Jones was further along in his development. I can't see Sergachev alone getting a #1 C but Sergachev, a 1st, and maybe a 2nd or a prospect of that value would definitely get the conversation going.

Seth Jones had 2.5 seasons of being a top 4 defenseman with 200+ NHL games played before the Johansen trade--all on a team with highly regarded top pairing Dmen. And Jones was drafted higher then Sergachev (if anyone thinks that matters).

Sergachev has 3 NHL games and slightly over 30 minutes played in his NHL career.

Sergachev could end up being an outstanding NHL player. Jones' value at the time of the Johansen trade was light years ahead of where Sergachev's value is today.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
People here always argue about value, but at the end of the day, its always far when its occured.

That said, with one season still to go before his UFA, I would not give the moon to Little and I consider him a great 2nd line center, not a 1st one.

Johnson, I like him but he's in his way to make a 2nd straight less than 50pts season. Do you realy want to give the moon to this guy?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
:laugh::shakehead He would second on your team in goals right now. Frankly I wouldn't trade him to Montreal and especially not for the collection of garbage Habs fans are always offering around here.

4.45M$ LT for a 3rd liner is A LOT tied up to it. Lightning will need to shed salaru in a near future and they'll have to sell low on better players then Killorn in order to fix their salaries issue. Habs aren't going to help them fix their cap issue by taking a 4.45M$ 3rd liner.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I want a 1C with term without having to give up a top end prospect. Good luck with that

Habs already have a young 1C in Galchenyuk.

We are not going to shed a top10 prospect in the league for 1.5years of Little or 1.5 years of JVR.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So if Killorn is a "bottom 6er" what does that make your entire forward corps aside from Pacioretty? Your fellow poster already showed his complete ignorance when it comes to Killorn - are you really going to follow in his footsteps?

For what it's worth, the fact that you seem to not know about Alex Radulov and Alex Galchenyuk doesn't make a solid case for your lack of ignorance.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not happening. We'd be looking at the same kind of deal NAS-CBS made as we value Sergachyev similarly to the value Jones had at the time.

You may value Sergachev the same as Seth Jones at the time of that deal, but I assure you Marc Bergevin - and the rest of the league GM's - aren't deluded to nearly that level.

Seth Jones carried substantially more trade value at the time of that deal than Sergachev does now. It's kind of embarrassing to even suggest this. Jones was one of the top young blue liners in all of hockey and had two and a half NHL seasons under his belt. To pretend these two are even comparable is a joke.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You may value Sergachev the same as Seth Jones at the time of that deal, but I assure you Marc Bergevin - and the rest of the league GM's - aren't deluded to nearly that level.

Seth Jones carried substantially more trade value at the time of that deal than Sergachev does now. It's kind of embarrassing to even suggest this. Jones was one of the top young blue liners in all of hockey and had two and a half NHL seasons under his belt. To pretend these two are even comparable is a joke.

Ryan Johanssen also hold quite a bit more value at the time of the deal then Brian Little.

hence why NO, Habs wouldn't add anything to Sergachyev to get Little

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Ryan Johanssen also hold quite a bit more value at the time of the deal then Brian Little.

hence why NO, Habs wouldn't add anything to Sergachyev to get Little

I'm not normally one to bash someone's spelling, but you mentioned 3 players in your post and didn't spell a single one of their names right. Hints pretty strongly that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I'm not normally one to bash someone's spelling, but you mentioned 3 players in your post and didn't spell a single one of their names right. Hints pretty strongly that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

That's prob it buddy!

Doesn't change the fact Habs won't trade a D like Sergachev AND a 1st round pick for 1.5 years of Little.

If Little was 24yo and had still 3-4years of cost controleld years then maybe I'd see a deal to be made here. But not when he's a UFA in 1.5years AND when Habs have to sign Carey Price

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
That's prob it buddy!

Doesn't change the fact Habs won't trade a D like Sergachev AND a 1st round pick for 1.5 years of Little.

If Little was 24yo and had still 3-4years of cost controleld years then maybe I'd see a deal to be made here. But not when he's a UFA in 1.5years AND when Habs have to sign Carey Price

That's cool! Doesn't change the fact that the Jets aren't going to trade 1.5 years of Little for a worse return than they got for .33 years of Ladd, a far worse hockey player!

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
That's cool! Doesn't change the fact that the Jets aren't going to trade 1.5 years of Little for a worse return than they got for .33 years of Ladd, a far worse hockey player!

I do not see how Marko Dano and a late first could net you a D prospect with he pedigree of Sergachev.

One thing I can guarantee is Habs management wouldn't trade Sergachev for Dano and a very late 1st...

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
That's prob it buddy!

That's fine then. We'll just keep Little.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
For what it's worth, the fact that you seem to not know about Alex Radulov and Alex Galchenyuk doesn't make a solid case for your lack of ignorance.

How many goals do they have again? That's what I thought. Saying Killorn is a bottom sixer when he's outscoring all but one of your forwards is ignorance, pure and simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad