Proposal: Non- Rental top centre to Montreal

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
How many goals do they have again? That's what I thought. Saying Killorn is a bottom sixer when he's outscoring all but one of your forwards is ignorance, pure and simple.

Ok , the guy has 4 more goals and the same amount of points but played 21 more games than Galchenyuk and 12 less pts than Radulov.

Just because he has more goals than all but one habs doesn't mean he ain't a 3rd liner.

Killorn is actually the perfect 3rd liner, someone that is intense, plays good defense, pitchs in offensively and can be placed on the top 6 from times to times.

Is Paul Byron a top 6? Is Phillip Danault a top 6? No they are 3rd liners very comparable to Killorn.

If Killorn was a real top 6 guy, Tampa would be on the point of loosing him to Vegas in order to keep Palat.

Last edited:

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Ok , the guy has 4 more goals and the same amount of points but played 21 more games than Galchenyuk and 12 less pts than Radulov.

Just because he has more goals than all but one habs doesn'T mean he ain't a 3rd liner.

That gives you three - I'm still waiting to hear the other three forwards on your roster who would push Killorn to the third line.

I very much doubt we'll expose Killorn to Vegas. And if we do it's because Filppula and Callahan have NMCs and in no way because he's supposedly not a real top six guy. There are four wing positions in the top six; two of ours are filled by guys you may have heard of (Kucherov and Drouin) and the other two by Palat and Killorn. Killorn is tied for second on our team in goals (though Drouin played fewer games), is fifth among our forwards in points, and has been our #3 scorer the past two postseasons in a row. By any argument you care to make he is clearly a top six forward.

Now where you might be getting confused is by the fact that we did play him on the third line a decent portion of the time in previous seasons, but this was because we were absolutely loaded at forward and because Killorn is versatile enough to be effective on a shutdown line (plus Stamkos couldn't maintain chemistry with anybody so we were constantly shuffling lines trying to spark something.) And despite being stuck with offensive black holes Filppula and Callahan for a good portion of last season he was still tied with Palat for third among our forwards in points and tied for fourth in goals. So once again I ask you: by what criteria is he not a top six forward?

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
That gives you three - I'm still waiting to hear the other three forwards on your roster who would push Killorn to the third line.

I very much doubt we'll expose Killorn to Vegas. And if we do it's because Filppula and Callahan have NMCs and in no way because he's supposedly not a real top six guy. There are four wing positions in the top six; two of ours are filled by guys you may have heard of (Kucherov and Drouin) and the other two by Palat and Killorn. Killorn is tied for second on our team in goals (though Drouin played fewer games), is fifth among our forwards in points, and has been our #3 scorer the past two postseasons in a row. By any argument you care to make he is clearly a top six forward.

Now where you might be getting confused is by the fact that we did play him on the third line a decent portion of the time in previous seasons, but this was because we were absolutely loaded at forward and because Killorn is versatile enough to be effective on a shutdown line (plus Stamkos couldn't maintain chemistry with anybody so we were constantly shuffling lines trying to spark something.) And despite being stuck with offensive black holes Filppula and Callahan for a good portion of last season he was still tied with Palat for third among our forwards in points and tied for fourth in goals. So once again I ask you: by what criteria is he not a top six forward?

Can killorn play the left side, because thats the only spot we have open, for a forward.

Hes not better then Galchenyuk and Danault has great chemistry with Pacioretty and Radulov.

So technically he would be our third choice for a centerman, and is he really that much better the Pleks also.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So because Habs management didn<t want to rush Sergachyev into the NHL at 18yo (like NAS did with Jones), you think he is further along in his development?

It's more because Jones was 21 years old when he was traded and had 199 games over two and a half years of NHL experience - as opposed to Sergachev's three game cup of coffee at the NHL level. Jones had an established NHL floor to go with his upside. Sergachev doesn't. He likely will eventually, but at the moment he doesn't.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Can killorn play the left side, because thats the only spot we have open, for a forward.

Hes not better then Galchenyuk and Danault has great chemistry with Pacioretty and Radulov.

So technically he would be our third choice for a centerman, and is he really that much better the Pleks also.

Left wing is in fact his usual spot. Anyone who refers to him as a center is clearly going by what they've read online (as a number of sites still list him as a center for some strange reason) and has not been watching him play.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Left wing is in fact his usual spot. Anyone who refers to him as a center is clearly going by what they've read online (as a number of sites still list him as a center for some strange reason) and has not been watching him play.

But you guys would have to take back desharnais or someone like that.

The only way said deal would work.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
He's a 3C rental, but i would be willing to move Berglund for Bitten. Bergie should be able to be resigned on the cheap as well ~3mil

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Phillip Danault, Paul Byron, Tomas Plekanec, Brendan Gallagher

But I see your point, Killorn is not a first liner or a 4th liner, he is a 2nd/3rd liner. Would take him on the habs any day

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I think Beaulieu for Little would be a great trade for both team.

Winnipeg needs a good young LHD puck mover. Beaulieu has made great improvement this year. I really like him on the Habs. However, with Markov and Emelin, the Habs could cope with him being traded away this year, and replaced with Sergachev (long-term) or Nesterov (short-term) next year.

Little is 29 and Winnipeg's window is a few years away with Roslovic and Connor so young. Beaulieu is only 23 or 24, so he would fit really well with the rest of their young core. I think that Little is a better fit on Montreal than Duchene.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ryan Johanssen also hold quite a bit more value at the time of the deal then Brian Little.

hence why NO, Habs wouldn't add anything to Sergachyev to get Little

While you could make the argument that Johansen has more value, there were also considerably more question marks with him. People seem to forget the reputation he has for slacking/sulking/conditioning issues as well as how hard a time Columbus had getting him signed at all with his insistence on wanting a 6M a year bridge deal. It will be interesting to see how this years RFA negotiations go with the Preds

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Fully expected a Habs proposal of "trade us top players for these scraps." Was not disappointed.

The original poster isn't even a Habs' fan :dunno:

OP is a Jets fan.

That's actually one of the harder comparisions between any two Jets for me. Scheifele's offensive production is top tier, but so is Little's. Then again, Little's usual point production has been about 0,7-0,75 PPG, but now when he's getting minutes with Laine and Ehlers, he is really putting up points. Defensively Little is better, but Scheifele isn't too shabby either.

In the end I'm taking Scheifele any day of the week, but Little is not that far behind. Scheifele is making a massive push towards the top 10 centers of the league, if he isn't there already. I have Little at around 25-30.

There is a very convincing argument that Little is better than Scheifele, personally I think they are pretty equal. Scheifele better offensively, Little better defensively.

Um, let's just keep Little.

LOL as if Stafford has any value at all.....

Touché.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Phillip Danault, Paul Byron, Tomas Plekanec, Brendan Gallagher

But I see your point, Killorn is not a first liner or a 4th liner, he is a 2nd/3rd liner. Would take him on the habs any day

Yeah, I wouldn't argue with him being described as a middle six forward, even though I think he's a solid second liner on most teams in the NHL. He can be effective on the first line but ideally you'd want two wingers better than him on your team, and he can be effective on the third but most teams don't have four wingers who can push him down there (when we were playing him on the third line we also put more players on World Cup rosters than any other team in the league.) So middle six is reasonable; bottom six on the other hand is simply absurd which is what I took issue with.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, I wouldn't argue with him being described as a middle six forward, even though I think he's a solid second liner on most teams in the NHL. He can be effective on the first line but ideally you'd want two wingers better than him on your team, and he can be effective on the third but most teams don't have four wingers who can push him down there (when we were playing him on the third line we also put more players on World Cup rosters than any other team in the league.) So middle six is reasonable; bottom six on the other hand is simply absurd which is what I took issue with.

So he's a 2nd-3rd line tweener.

Habs are in no position to take yet another 2nd-3rd line tweener on a 4.35M$ LONG TERM contract when they have to get deal done in a near future with Price-Galchenyuk-Patch.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Winnipeg needs a good young LHD puck mover. Beaulieu has made great improvement this year. I really like him on the Habs. However, with Markov and Emelin, the Habs could cope with him being traded away this year, and replaced with Sergachev (long-term) or Nesterov (short-term) next year.

Little is 29 and Winnipeg's window is a few years away with Roslovic and Connor so young. Beaulieu is only 23 or 24, so he would fit really well with the rest of their young core. I think that Little is a better fit on Montreal than Duchene.

Go away. That is a ****ing horrible trade for the Jets.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

No thx

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I just learned on another trade that when Perreault is healthy, he is arguably better then Little. So don't know how to read that. Little is a border line top 6 center or, orrrr, Winnipeg's got 3 1st line centers.

Tacos

Wheeeee
Feb 26, 2012
How many goals do they have again? That's what I thought. Saying Killorn is a bottom sixer when he's outscoring all but one of your forwards is ignorance, pure and simple.

He'd also be tied for 6th in points with Danault on the team with almost 200 mins more on the ice and 2.5 mins more of PP time per game.

Just because Killorn is a 1st (and sometimes 2nd and 3rd line player) doesn't automatically make him a different teams top line player based on goals.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Killorn because of what he's done vs the Habs, but that doesn't mean I think he'd upend Patches, Byron, Danault, or Lehkonen in the LW position. Obviously Lehkonen becomes the odd man out. he wouldn't have to go through waivers but his time is better spent playing in the NHL rather than out in St John's.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Back in summer, there’s a thread about a proposal where we have to switch Andrighetto and Killorn People were pretty happy on both sides.

Things ha ve changed so dramaticly….

I like Killorn previously this season. At that time, the guy was hot. I think things are going worst and worst since that moment. I suspect his point ratio to be mediocre on the last couple months

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I just learned on another trade that when Perreault is healthy, he is arguably better then Little. So don't know how to read that. Little is a border line top 6 center or, orrrr, Winnipeg's got 3 1st line centers.

If a Jets fan wrote that they're wrong.

But read it again. Jets fans love Bryan Little and basically none have Perreault above him. Most don't have Perreault as a centre anymore, except in emergencies.

Perreault has excellent fancies, though. As does Little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad