Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Any links to the last couple (or 5) mins of the game?

Feel the same way. Dallas is a much more complete team with a competent gm and sound drafting. I can stomach a loss to them and don't expect much to be honest.

Vancouver and Calgary fans didn't want them to "hurr durr mcdavid will ask for a trade".

Vancouver fans imo I've come out of this disliking them even more than flames and leaf fans.
Yeh, this series is about how much McDavid can carry this team and how bad he wants the cup..
Fans and media are satisfied with how far they got already. McDrai show here on in.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Any links to the last couple (or 5) mins of the game?

Yeh, this series is about how much McDavid can carry this team and how bad he wants the cup..
Fans and media are satisfied with how far they got already. McDrai show here on in.
I don’t think it’s up to McDrai at all. It’ll be up to Skinner. Dallas is a strong offensive team. McDrai will put up big points but they need to be able to outscore Dallas and Skinners rough play.

Skinner is a 0.887 for the playoffs and that’s an issue.

5v5 Skinner has an 0.887 Oettinger has a 0.942 that’s an incredibly large gap. For us to win Skinner is going to have to play substantially better. We are facing a real good goalie this round, I don’t think we are going to be scoring 4-6 goals every night and with the way Skinner is playing, we would have to.
Nurse and Ceci need to stay apart and Skinner will have to have a huge bounce back for this to pull off.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I don’t think it’s up to McDrai at all. It’ll be up to Skinner. Dallas is a strong offensive team. McDrai will put up big points but they need to be able to outscore Dallas and Skinners rough play.

5v5 Skinner has an 0.887 Oettinger has a 0.942 that’s an incredibly large gap. For us to win Skinner is going to have to play substantially better. We are facing a real good goalie this round, I don’t think we are going to be scoring 4-6 goals every night and with the way Skinner is playing, we would have to.
Nurse and Ceci need to stay apart and Skinner will have to have a huge bounce back for this to pull off.
Agree entirely. This is a massive goalie discrepancy. Knob is going to have to have a sound plan on what to do and when to do it if skinner is going to blow a game.

Reactions: McDoused

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Agree entirely. This is a massive goalie discrepancy. Knob is going to have to have a sound plan on what to do and when to do it if skinner is going to blow a game.
Skinner has played better before but I don’t know if the playoff pressure is something he can handle. Maybe that will change here. His leash needs to be short. I’m hoping the swapped D pairings will at least prevent so many of the awful goals against Ceci and Nurse were allowing.
That said if Skinner allows a couple quick bad goals Knob needs to call a timeout or put Pickard in. That has to be such a short leash.

Reactions: McDoused

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Just curious does CP stand for Cess Pool? Asking for a friend.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Oilers really locked it down for the most part in the last 4 games. Aside from the few horribad giveaways that led to goals. Held the Canuck's to just about 30 seconds of a lead in the last 4 games combined and that was the last minute goal they scored to win game 5.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Yeah I just don't get why there's any faith in Skinner. He will lose games for EDM himself given the chance. Don't think Pickard singlehandedly lost any games this year. Skinner plays better when pushed anyways. Start Pickard game 1 and ride him until they lose. Switch goalies every loss. That's it

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers really locked it down for the most part in the last 4 games. Aside from the few horribad giveaways that led to goals. Held the Canuck's to just about 30 seconds of a lead in the last 4 games combined and that was the last minute goal they scored to win game 5.
Yep. Its hilarious the Nucks and Friedman are unpacking this as they were so close, deserved to win, and only Boeser prevented that and all that. I was even predicted those would be the talking points after the series, and after Nucks lost.

Well heres the deal. The Oilers blew out the Nucks 5-1 WITH Boeser in the lineup. Whats the excuse for that or being tossed around like ragdolls the whole game. The Oilers dominated that game. The Oilers then go out to a 3-0 lead in deciding game. That right there is an 8-1 goal run. Only the Nucks stupid luck got them a couple goals back, and even at that they never even got a SOG to tie the game. They were completely shut down.

But in a way I'm actually OK that the nucks lost this way and have some kind of false belief they were right there. They were nver close to beating the Oilers and never had a lead in either deciding game. Fact of the matter is the Oilers took over games 6 and 7 and were the better team outplaying the Nucks in 6/7 games. Nucks will continue to believe this is such a great way to win games except it isn't and the house of cards has been falling apart.

Its not like the Nucks did a lot to even generate those two goals. First a fortunate giveaway. 2nd a simple point shot. The Nucks were down 3 goals and had nothing going, not even on their PP's in game 7 until they were handed a goal. They got luck so far up their ass and nothing else. They deserved to get shutout.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

This is perfect truly, Wendo is wonderful

Spector is pond scum. Aside from the embarrassing Europhobia (is that a word?) - Draisaitl, Ekholm and Janmark are tougher than a vast majority of North American players, especially the softy Hughes that he's fellating - why is he talking up the losers when he's supposed to be an Oilers beat writer? Oh right, because he's pond scum.

Last edited:

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Still hoping someone can gif Coffey’s reaction to Ceci’s goal.

That was hilarious.

I missed that haha now I want to see it.

Damn I must have missed that. I need to see that. @SnooPac any help?

He basically did this

View attachment 873989

But I still want a gif of it lol

Here's the video of it:

I usually use ffmpeg to encode. When I do for gifs, it ends up being HUGE.
Here's a compressed (by ezgif) version:
ezgif-4-1b24f44109.gif

Original full gif:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Here's the video of it:

I usually use ffmpeg to encode. When I do for gifs, it ends up being HUGE.
Here's a compressed (by ezgif) version:
ezgif-4-1b24f44109.gif

Original full gif:

That’s awesome. And it’s Ceci too, no doubt a personal project of Coffey. He’s like a sensei here. Thanks for clipping it, appreciate it (Can’t like your post cause of mods)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah I just don't get why there's any faith in Skinner. He will lose games for EDM himself given the chance. Don't think Pickard singlehandedly lost any games this year. Skinner plays better when pushed anyways. Start Pickard game 1 and ride him until they lose. Switch goalies every loss. That's it
Funny stuff especially after Skinner getting the wins in game 6 and game 7.

Are we also scratching Ceci for Stecher?

I don't think Dallas's offense is much better than Nucks. Robertson and the other kid doesn't scare me and our depth guys have produced just as much as theirs.

They have a great goalie but Vancouver also got great goaltending from Silov so it will be tougher but nothing new for us.

Still picking Stars in 6 but they aren't a superpower that we should be afraid of.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Was a weird series oilers controlled play nearly throughout, but some bounces, skinner shit the bed and it went 7

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Was a weird series oilers controlled play nearly throughout, but some bounces, skinner shit the bed and it went 7

I have a hard time remembering a series where a team straight up threw away two games strictly due to goaltending and still won.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Yup, this worries me very much. Other than 1 game in the LA series Skinner has been massively outplayed by the opposition's goalie. And none were as good as Oettinger. Limiting Dallas's chances will be top priority but unfortunately it will also neuter our offense.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Spector is pond scum. Aside from the embarrassing Europhobia (is that a word?) - Draisaitl, Ekholm and Janmark are tougher than a vast majority of North American players, especially the softy Hughes that he's fellating - why is he talking up the losers when he's supposed to be an Oilers beat writer? Oh right, because he's pond scum.
Rishaug made him write it.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad