Proposal: Non- Rental top centre to Montreal

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Most Oiler fans would not agree to moving RNH . He plays the toughest minutes and if he was traded it mean Draisaitl drops from the first line RW to the 2nd line C . If Edmonton had any thoughts of doing this they would have Draisaitl there already . RNH is only moved for a PPQB RHD which Montreal doesn't have available for trade

This. I wouldn't trade RNH unless I got an overpayment at Offensive RHD back.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
That package doesn't get you Little alone, let alone Little+Stafford.

If you want Little it will cost Sergachev++

Little currently has 27 points in 30 games, a 73 point pace. He is playing like a top 20 center and he won't come cheap

Well lucky for you Little won't be coming to Montreal because there's no chance that Little will return you guys Sergachev let alone + and + .:laugh:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Every year there are avg maybe two or three defencemen who go on to play top pairing in their careers. sergachev is one of them. he is way more valuable than a run of the mill 20 goalish 50-60 pt forward, of which at least a dozen are drafted first round every year. calling him a 1c doesn't change that. its little+++ for sergachev in terms of value, but in reality because of the salary cap the plus would have to be this years first from winnipeg. Serg would already play top 4 on jets or bolts at 18 and cost controlled for half a decade. 1.5 seasons of little doesn't even get you close to serg or the ops package. little's value is maybe 2 late firsts this year or one next year. And johnson? lol id give you dd and a 3rd for the small upgrade.

And how often do #1 centres get traded? If you aren't wiolling to trade a defensive prospect for one, then I'd forget it. The key word here is prospect.

Sergachev was a recent #9 overall pick. Not entirely sure what he's done to pencil himself in as a guaranteed top pairing d-man in the NHL since being drafted at #9 this summer. Players drafted at that position are typically far from sure things and fizzle out as nothings all the time. Great prospect and would love to have him, but if you aren't willing to move that kind of an asset for a #1 centre, then forget it.

Who on the Jets is Sergachev definitely replacing of Myers, Trouba, Byfuglien, and Enstrom? Sergachev's played 3 pro games.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Highly doubt Habs get Little & Stafford that cheap......the cherry on top were forced to retain AND take F'ing DD. No thx

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Ryan Johansen was traded for Seth Jones. You can argue Jones and Sergachev have similar potential but Jones was further along in his development. I can't see Sergachev alone getting a #1 C but Sergachev, a 1st, and maybe a 2nd or a prospect of that value would definitely get the conversation going.

So because Habs management didn<t want to rush Sergachyev into the NHL at 18yo (like NAS did with Jones), you think he is further along in his development?

And thertefore, BECAUISE OF THAT, we<d need to add a 1st and a 2nd to compensate?

Not happening. We'd be looking at the same kind of deal NAS-CBS made as we value Sergachyev similarly to the value Jones had at the time.

If that's not ok with your team then fine. We'll keep him!

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
This. I wouldn't trade RNH unless I got an overpayment at Offensive RHD back.

So bottom line, RNH won't leave EDM (nor will you eb able to get a deal done with him once McD and Drai get their 8M$+ contract each). It cost you Taylor Hall (which value was way HIGHER then RNH) in order to get a #3 D with upside of top pairing. How in hell would a 50pt undersized often injured #2C get you a top pairing RHD?

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Lol only on hfboards are average prospects worth more than top 30 C's

Hyperbole one way? Better show how ridiculous it is by hyperbolizing the other way!

Sergachev is not an average prospect. Nor is he worth a first line centre.

You're not making yourself look any better than the people saying Sergachev is worth more.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hyperbole one way? Better show how ridiculous it is by hyperbolizing the other way!

Sergachev is not an average prospect. Nor is he worth a first line centre.

You're not making yourself look any better than the people saying Sergachev is worth more.

There are people in this thread saying Little is not worth Juulsen...

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So because Habs management didn<t want to rush Sergachyev into the NHL at 18yo (like NAS did with Jones), you think he is further along in his development?

And thertefore, BECAUISE OF THAT, we<d need to add a 1st and a 2nd to compensate?

Not happening. We'd be looking at the same kind of deal NAS-CBS made as we value Sergachyev similarly to the value Jones had at the time.

If that's not ok with your team then fine. We'll keep him!

Jones was a debatable first overall pick. Sergachyev is good but not at that level. When a defencemen gets considered for #1 overall they are almost always NHL ready.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Jones was a debatable first overall pick. Sergachyev is good but not at that level. When a defencemen gets considered for #1 overall they are almost always NHL ready.

So?

Johanssen was also considered a better #1C then Little!

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So?

Johanssen was also considered a better #1C then Little!

Johansen is a similar quality player as Little. Little is older and would thus have less value, but his value would still be very high.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
i moved into my apartment in feb so we made a lease for 1.5 years instead of 1year so it would renewed every july instead. So does that extra 6 months make me own the building or is it still a rental?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
lolz..you must have forgotten or gone blind when your fellow leaf homers post JVR trade proposals

*pot meet kettle

Not even close, sorry bud. JVR value if read most of the Leaf Homers is a decent first line winger not elite (Kessel, Hall, Tarasenko), should garner top 4 RHD but would never alone get you a first pairing guy due to how valuble they are. Don't get me wrong there are trolls out there throwing proposals out there but they certainly are not the true blue leaf fans who understand the values of players from both teams. Whereas every and i mean ever proposal Habs fans throw out =MTL trash 4 Elite player.

Examples of players included in proposals
Diamond Dave 4 any player
HUDON
CARR
Barberio
Scherbak

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Johansen is a similar quality player as Little. Little is older and would thus have less value, but his value would still be very high.

So, knowing that, why would Habs have to add ANYTHING to Sergachyev in order to get Little if his value is lower AND he<s a UFA in 1.5year?

Juulsen (top4D) + a 1st is a really fair offer for a guy like Little. Sergachyev holds just as much value as Little if we compare it to a similar deal...

Johansen holds more value then Little (now and at the time of the deal)
Jones has a little more upside then Sergachyev had at the time.

Last edited:

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Fully expected a Habs proposal of "trade us top players for these scraps." Was not disappointed.

This. Johnson to the Habs is starting to become almost as annoying as Drouin to the Avs.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Not even close, sorry bud. JVR value if read most of the Leaf Homers is a decent first line winger not elite (Kessel, Hall, Tarasenko), should garner top 4 RHD but would never alone get you a first pairing guy due to how valuble they are. Don't get me wrong there are trolls out there throwing proposals out there but they certainly are not the true blue leaf fans who understand the values of players from both teams. Whereas every and i mean ever proposal Habs fans throw out =MTL trash 4 Elite player.

Examples of players included in proposals
Diamond Dave 4 any player
HUDON
CARR
Barberio
Scherbak

Hudon and SHerbak aren't thrash. Not because our team want them in the farm team to get proper development that they are thrash...

And let's be honnest here...

Larsson (3-4D) was traded for TAYLOR HALL (prob top3 LWer in the NHL). Leafs won't get a better D-man then LArsson for 1.5years of JVR. No matter how you see it, the market for young top4D was SET by that trade. KNOW, any GM will ask for a similar return for their young D. JVR doesn't hold that kind of value. JVR, if traded, will notch a RHD prospect (ala Juulsen) and a 1st/2nd

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I tell ya what... we're not likely to trade Johnson but Killorn on the other hand would be a good fit in Montreal. We could start there as an offer and see what we get back

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I tell ya what... we're not likely to trade Johnson but Killorn on the other hand would be a good fit in Montreal. We could start there as an offer and see what we get back

So why would Habs need another overpaid bottom 6er again?

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
So why would Habs need another overpaid bottom 6er again?

:laugh::shakehead He would second on your team in goals right now. Frankly I wouldn't trade him to Montreal and especially not for the collection of garbage Habs fans are always offering around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad