GDT: Non-Panthers NHL playoffs talk

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Hurricanes looked so good defensively. Great to watch.
And the Rangers? Well they didn't get much going offensively

I was surprised how many penalty got called

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Smith is starting over Koskinen for Oilers, is Tippett really banking on a one hit playoff wonder from 8 years ago?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
1 shot each more than 10 minutes in...? it's weird, the intensity is there, but the level of play is...not

Carolina dominated that period and had at least two posts on top of the 12 shots. It was more about Rangers not being very good.

Rangers have disappointed me so far, they're more interested in throwing hits than actually playing. Canes have kept Panarin and Zibanejad in the dark most of the game.

Trocheck did a good job on that final face off. He looked decent today.
I missed the Third.
I see the Hurricanes out shot the Rangers 37-26. Hurricanes won every category except blocks and hits.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hawks started really well and then they take a mind blowingly stupid too many men penalty. 6th player just randomly decided to jump over the boards when the other players were almost all in the offensive zone.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Koskinen was the better goalie during the season. I dont understand this move

If that's the reason Smith is starting, yikes. He replaced Roloson 3 times during TB's 2011 run (game is usually over when the starter gets pulled, so idk if I'd give that any worth), then there's that 2012 Yotes run (main reason why his SVS% and GAA is so good) and meh last season with Calgary. You could've put any goalie on that Yotes conference final team and that goalie would've looked good, they were great defensively that year and the two years before that with Bryz.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
2020 strikes again.... Habs down 2-0

Way more competitive than our bunch of losers

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
2020 strikes again.... Habs down 2-0

Way more competitive than our bunch of losers

They're looking good out there (the habs).

My guess is that Pittsburgh is gonna win this serie anyways, but Montreal will give them a run for their money.

In term of competitiveness, they are on a different level than us, that's for sure.

I don't like to watch games around the league. Makes me realize even more how bad and sad we are as a team. Sometimes it feels like we just don't belong in the same league...

Last edited:
Reactions: Boothinator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad