Non-Minnesota NHL News XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Guess you were right!

I don't think the elbow coming up after the hit has anything to do with it. The DOPeS really hate it when you angle in front of a player like that and bury your shoulder in the opponents jaw.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That's why, although he is one of the absolute best players in the league, I still wonder about how effective he can be as a captain. We all know about his elbows/knees from playing against him in recent years. Can't remember the really bad one but I feel like I remember him trying some sort of flying elbow against us in an overtime game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wow, the latest is that McDavid is out "long-term". That really sucks. I was really hoping to see how good he could be as a rookie. Guess we might have to wait another year to truly find out.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Alert - we have the all-time single game scoring record with reach.

But really, Chicago leads St. Louis 5-2 after the first. :amazed:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Chicago scored 5 in the first and lost. Insane.

Well the 3-on-3 is certainly exciting, and I was an advocate of it earlier, but now it just seems like players are getting worn out pretty quickly with so many odd-man rushes.

Still better than a shootout though IMO.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Chicago scored 5 in the first and lost. Insane.

Well the 3-on-3 is certainly exciting, and I was an advocate of it earlier, but now it just seems like players are getting worn out pretty quickly with so many odd-man rushes.

Still better than a shootout though IMO.

I found myself saying the same thing watching that OT period. I was huge advocate but that last 2 minutes looked like they were just rolling in circles.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Gotta wonder if coaches will start sacrificing some skill late in OT, for the sake of getting fresher legs on the ice.

That is exactly the kind of situation which we can benefit from. We have so much talent top to bottom in our forward group. Only guys who I wouldn't consider at least of above average skill are Porter and Carter, and they're no slouches either.

Gone are the days when our 1st line was Heatley - Brodziak - Johnson.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Gone are the days when our 1st line was Heatley - Brodziak - Johnson.

jontron-puking-o.gif

Please don't remind me of those dark times in Wild history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad